I had an accident with my phone so I had to grab a new one I always wanted to own a BlackBerry so I got a bold 9650 to look into this, this is an unlocked phone but It is the verizon version when I look into if it is unlocked or not full and entered something somewhere it told me that every thing is deactivated so I guess it is completion unlocked

I want to upgrade to os version 6 from 5.0

I found this version of os

BlackBerry® Software Updates

and downloaded it, i did it because BB Desktop software does not gives me the ability to upgrade.

can any one tell me if it will lock up, if I upgrade and I will not be able to use my carrier which is in Country Georgia

and can any one tell me if it is worth to upgrade and general what to expect maybe got some keys or something

any way thank you in advanced
    06-13-13 03:55 PM
    06-13-13 04:06 PM
    Thank You for the reply but I downloaded the os 6 version from the same carrier
    cell phone I aqured is using verzon unlocked os and I downloaded the verizon version of os 6 version
    should still delete .xml files or not

or if I do like this it will show the upgrade in the BB desktop software ??

or I should Get rid of "BlackBerry Desktop Software" Then Install this file
    Code:
    9650_512cmpttjAllLang_PBr6.0.0_rel3084_PL4.4.0.560_A6.0.0.719
    which I downloaded from here
    BlackBerry® Software Updates
    install it and then delete the .xml files and it will show the updates ?? because I deleted .xml files from BB desktop software but it did not show me any available upgrades

Update

ok I managed to upgrade so far so good it runs

what I encounters was

I could not install upgrades with BlackBerry® Desktop Software I tried deleting .xml files but nothing changed it has not even once told me about upgrading

Then I downloaded
    Code:
    9650_512cmpttjAllLang_PBr6.0.0_rel3084_PL4.4.0.560_A6.0.0.719.exe
    from this link BlackBerry® Software Updates cleaned the system from other BB software and installed it, This software in other updates showed that I needed an upgrade but when I pressed the upgrade it told me

Code:
    This BlackBerry® Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry® solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry® service, please visit BlackBerry - Data Plan - Upgrade Your BlackBerry Data Plan."
    but this persons post helped me

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9650-a-530369/

hotgeekness
    edit: I found a suggestion online saying I should do a battery pull, immediately attach the USB cable and launch Loader. As soon as the USB connection was recognized, I pressed Next, even though it found the PIN (the information I found online insisted the connection should read USB-PIN: UNKNOWN). This type of stealth loading of firmware seems to be working; I was given the option to update to BlackBerry 6. Fingers crossed as it is loading currently, will keep you updated! Hope this helps others with the same issue.
    problem with this it did not offer me to back up files so keep that in mind*

Off course deleted the .xml files
    only problem I had was that on the reboot it got stuck so I pulled the battery and now I do not know if it damaged any thing or not but on the second try it started and now it runs.
    Last edited by Levan76; 06-14-13 at 01:18 PM.
    06-13-13 04:19 PM