I've been thinking about upgrading to 5.0 with my 8330 (on Verizon). Anyone who has; what's it like? Better than 4.5? Worth the risk?

And do you think I should attempt it if the 8330 is my main phone?

Thanks.
    01-14-10 08:21 PM
    I like it, other than the part where it reboots if you're on the phone for more than about 30 minutes. That part sucks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 08:27 PM
    I've been thinking about upgrading to 5.0 with my 8330 (on Verizon). Anyone who has; what's it like? Better than 4.5? Worth the risk?

And do you think I should attempt it if the 8330 is my main phone?

Thanks.
    I'm in the same boat as you. I have been tentative to try any of the leaked/hybrid OSs because of the very fact that I use my 8330 as my lifeline for my business and personal life. I have heard that it takes a lot of memory to run a 5.0 OS if you do not know how to shrink OSs, and it can be very maintenance inclined. On the other side of the coin, however, I have heard that it runs smoothly, and has many options not available on 4.5.
    01-14-10 11:51 PM
    sprint works great except the 30 min thing...you guys need to check with verizon users. I think they have most of the stuff working now.
    01-14-10 11:54 PM
    i had it, it worked fine for me, but i had a problem with my mms, so in order to talk to tech support i had to downgrade, and i just didnt feel like going back. it was fine, the only thing i didnt like was that not all apps were working for it at the time, but that was also when it was first leaked
    01-15-10 12:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD