I recently upgraded my Tour from 4.7.1.57 to 5.0.0.484. Since the upgrade, I can no longer view images in HTML emails. I've re-registered the device; resent service books; rebooted device; performed hard reset; ensured that HTML and 'auto image download' are both enabled in options, all to no avail. When I view an HTML email, I no longer have the option to 'get images(s)'. I do have the option to view the email in 'plain text', and if I choose to do so, I see that the images are embedded within the message. I see links such as "http://icons.wxug.com/i/c/50/snow.gif". If I click that link, I am taken to that particular image via the web, which is viewable with no problems. I've also noticed that on those occasions in the past when an email didn't automatically load an image, there was an image template displayed where the image should have loaded and all I had to do was click 'get images' and they would download. Now, not only do I not have the option to 'get images', I don't have the aforementioned templates indicating where the image would ordinarily load. The email service doesn't seem to matter either - the problem persist on all three of my accounts, which are: Gmail, RoadRunner (POP), and BlackBerry.

Like I mentioned, the image coding is embedded within the email - the device just won't recognize, decode or load them. I believe I understand that when an HTML email is opened, the device 'reaches out' on the web to download said image. If this is true, could there be an issue with my browser or my internet settings?

I found an update to my [484] Core Applications on Sprint's BlackBerry Website. I performed the update which had no affect on my email situation, nor did it render any telltale signs of enhancement with anything else.

There has to be a setting that I'm missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Despite the fact that I can not view images in an email on my device, and there is no indication that there is even an image to be viewed, if I forward the email to another party, the recipient receives and views everything just fine.
    Last edited by RegE; 02-28-10 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Post script
    02-27-10 09:38 PM
    Well, after a couple aneurysms, I'm able to view HTMLs again. Apparently my OS didn't load properly and had a bug. Here's where the stroke comes in: I decided to revert to OS 4.7 because I couldn't live without HTML; so I wiped my device, thinking it would return to the factory state of OS 4.7. Instead, it merely wiped all my information and left OS 5.0 intact (duh) . I decided to reload OS 5.0 and give it another shot; and all I got was the same OS with the same quirks. So finally, I decided to actually load OS 4.7 and really start fresh. I even restored an old backup and I was in business - with no signs of my ever having took a hiatus from sanity. Then, after a couple weeks of being bugged by the whole ordeal; being jealous that everyone else is enjoying OS 5.0; finding that nobody else is experiencing problems similar to mine; along with the fact that, on occasion, I've been known to visit the Twilight Zone [against my will], I decided to try it again. I loaded OS 5.0 over OS 4.7 and that cured the problem. Now I can view HTML emails and I'm enjoying the Tour more than ever, especially since my profiles are acting like they should.
    03-17-10 12:04 AM
    My "get images" or "view html" doesn't even show up anymore after upgrading to 5.0. How do I get this back?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-10 11:39 PM
    I hate the new OS I downgraded back to the 4.7 I had battery draining fast, bluetooth was not working properly, email issues, hate threaded texting.
    Worse OS I have seen and until they get it right, sticking with the 4.7
    04-13-10 12:04 AM
    My "get images" or "view html" doesn't even show up anymore after upgrading to 5.0. How do I get this back?
    Welcome to CB! Your situation may be similar to mine whereby OS 5.0 had a hiccup during installation. Try reverting to 4.7 and then restoring the 5.0. Remember... backup your data and your apps.
    04-13-10 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD