Hello,
    I am feeling like a bit of an . I have a 9900 running 7.0 bundle 2406 on the Rogers network. I want to upgrade to 7.1, but so far haven't been able to figure out how.

I have downloaded the software, installed it, removed the vendor.xml file, and launched the loader.exe file from C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader, however when I do this, I am told that the app files aren't valid that are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9900AllLang_v7.1.0.267_P5.1.0.230.

I have read all sorts of comments surrounding this process, and everyone says it is easy/simple. I assume I am missing something somewhere. Hopefully someone somewhere can point me in the right direction.

Thanks
    Gerrard
    03-09-12 01:45 PM
    You need to delete the other vendor file, from here...

C:/Users/Your Name/AppData/Roaming/Research In Motion/BlackBerry/Loader XML
    03-09-12 06:53 PM
    Ahhhh, thanks.
    I don't think I saw that in any of the documentation.

Gerrard
    03-09-12 07:30 PM
    Hi guys, im trying to update my os to 7.1. I have already download the os file, i did install it, and when i run dm it doesnt give me the option to update the new os. It only shows me the other versions before this one.

I even check on the help menu, and it says all the os installed, and it shows the 7.1

how can i make dm to prompt me the new 7.1 i've already installed?

Cheers.
    03-14-12 10:45 AM
    Hi guys, im trying to update my os to 7.1. I have already download the os file, i did install it, and when i run dm it doesnt give me the option to update the new os. It only shows me the other versions before this one.

I even check on the help menu, and it says all the os installed, and it shows the 7.1

how can i make dm to prompt me the new 7.1 i've already installed?

Cheers.
    You have to delete vendor file, I wrote a guide on my blog, take a look.
    How to install BlackBerry leaked OS and first impressions with the 7.1.0.267 | Naftaly Avadiaev's Blog
    03-14-12 12:04 PM
    So just to confirm on the procedure, AFTER installing the new leaked OS, both vendor files need to be deleted then have DM launched?
    03-14-12 11:02 PM
    Yes, however in my opinion it is easier to use the loader.
    03-15-12 03:52 AM
    Hi all,

I have looked around the site and got a little confused, tried few things and not worked.

So please dont SHOUT at me.

9900 on 02, downloaded the 7.1 os for both vodafone and t mobile, i understand if i delete the vendor file it should work, trying one at a time.

install the files, allow the drivers to be found and install, restart as i have been told.

but when i use apploader it just shows the files i already have installed on the phone, cant see anywhere the new OS i have just installed, nor anyway to add them

Some other links say there is another vendor file that needs to be removed, i cant find that either..

Help. please......

What school boy error am i doing.
    03-16-12 05:28 PM
    Some other links say there is another vendor file that needs to be removed, i cant find that either...
    There is...

C:/Users/Your Name/AppData/Roaming/Research In Motion/BlackBerry/Loader XML
    03-16-12 05:33 PM
    I'm not sure this is true but I heard to make sure it will definitely work and to make it safer, you have to wipe the current OS off your phone using bbsak, then install the .exe file you downloaded and delete the two vendor files.
    03-25-12 05:12 PM
    I had a similar issue - I could find the first vendor.xml file in the upgrade software package download in the apploader file, however I could not find the second one at "C:/users/your name/..." - turns out it's a hidden file.

Make sure you go into your control panel and turn on "show hidden files". After a quick refresh, you should find the files you are looking for.

Hope this helps
    03-25-12 10:37 PM
    Hi all,

My starter questions are:
    I'm on AT&T. Will the instruction in this thread and or elsewhere work for me and my 9900?
    What is 7.1 going to do for me that my curren 7.0 OS is not already doing? I see some chat about better battery life. Is this true or just wishful thinking?

Thanks
    03-27-12 04:35 PM
    Where does the vendors place ? I can't find it..
    05-16-13 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD