I've downloaded the update from sprint and installed it. Then i try to update through Blackberry Desktop Manager and thought the update it gets stuck on Task 4 of 11 "Connecting to the Device Rom". Any help?
    02-28-10 11:12 AM
    It takes a long time for that step to complete. I have installed many hybrid Roms and Official Roms and it could take 20 minutes...or more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-10 12:41 PM
    I had the same issue when using DM to upgrade to 5.0. I got the message "Cannot connect to Device Rom." It repeated 3 times. Not sure of the cause, but I have read of several instances of this happening.

I finally tried the OTA upgrade and it worked correctly. Takes a long time, but it worked.
    02-28-10 05:03 PM
    Used Apploader last night and didn't have any issues. If you're still having trouble there try using Apploader.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-10 05:46 PM
    If you installed it on your computer, try this, go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Look for and click loader.exe or loader if your not displaying file extensions. This will start the update process of installing 5.0.0.484

Be sure to back up your phone using dm and bbsak for any third party apps you wish to preserve..
    Last edited by dave3825us; 02-28-10 at 07:28 PM.
    02-28-10 07:25 PM
    I had the same issue when using DM to upgrade to 5.0. I got the message "Cannot connect to Device Rom." It repeated 3 times. Not sure of the cause, but I have read of several instances of this happening.

I finally tried the OTA upgrade and it worked correctly. Takes a long time, but it worked.
    Sprint Or AT&T? Because the OTA upgrade isn't working for me on Sprint. Neither is the BBDM or Loader method...
    03-01-10 11:39 AM
    i would recommend backing the phone up and then wiping the device and installing from a jvm error.
    03-01-10 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD