Help! I tried updating my VZW Tour to the leaked .530. I did as the Crackberry tutorial told me and now it seems "stuck" on "Uploading RAM image" It's seriously been around 30 minutes. I know it's supposed to take a while, but my phone is completely off, and nothing seems to be progressing.

Truth be told, this is my first beta update attempt, so I don't know if this is normal or not. Can anyone ease/confirm my fears?
    02-28-10 02:05 PM
    Help! I tried updating my VZW Tour to the leaked .530. I did as the Crackberry tutorial told me and now it seems "stuck" on "Uploading RAM image" It's seriously been around 30 minutes. I know it's supposed to take a while, but my phone is completely off, and nothing seems to be progressing.

Truth be told, this is my first beta update attempt, so I don't know if this is normal or not. Can anyone ease/confirm my fears?
    That does seem a bit odd. Give it another 30 minutes, and if there's been no reaction, follow the procedure to fix a bricked or nuked phone in the Blackberry 101 forums. Be sure to actually time it, because it may seem like 30 minutes has passed when its only been 13 minutes, because of your anxiety. There's nothing to worry about. You haven't 'ruined' the phone. You cant, by merely downloading a beta.
    02-28-10 02:42 PM
    Be aware that the 5.0.0.530 reboots when holstered. If this is your first attempt at an unofficial os, you might want to try 5.0.0.419 with Driphter 6.4 hybrid...
    02-28-10 02:54 PM
    It just continues to sit there, so I pull the plug and the phone resets and works fine..... So it seems like nothing is really happening. It still works, so I guess I'm lucky it's not bricked, but it sucks that I can't upgrade it....

I'm using VMWare Mac/Win7, Maybe that has something to do with it....
    02-28-10 03:31 PM
    It still does not move after up RAM image "finishes". Anyone have a clue on this?
    03-17-10 01:02 PM
    To be honest, I'm not sure why you're installing .530 instead of .548 if you're trying to upgrade to a .5xx OS. Much more stable and responsive.
    03-17-10 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD