06-03-12 10:05 AM
185 ... 678
tools
    Whoa..it's been a while. Was in OS5 with ancient BDM. Excellent guide!
    06-10-11 12:06 PM
    Thank You.

Whoa..it's been a while. Was in OS5 with ancient BDM. Excellent guide!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    safri likes this.
    06-10-11 12:07 PM
    Hey Xandermac, do those instructions apply to the new blackberry pearl 9100? If it does, where exactly would i get to download the os 6 software for my phone?
    Am i supposed to click "check for updates" on the destop manager or do i have to search for them manually?
    07-18-11 06:43 PM
    hi there,
    i didn't see any case with a 9780 with 0S6 preinstalled,
    is there a way to fix this?

Thanks for your help!
    07-27-11 01:48 AM
    i didn't see any case with a 9780 with 0S6 preinstalled,
    is there a way to fix this?
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    As soon as you have the chance, please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to assist you.

What exactly did you want to fix?
    07-28-11 01:59 PM
    Hey Xandermac, do those instructions apply to the new blackberry pearl 9100? If it does, where exactly would i get to download the os 6 software for my phone?
    Am i supposed to click "check for updates" on the destop manager or do i have to search for them manually?
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    As soon as you have the chance, please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to assist you.

No don't bother checking for updates via DM. This only checks if your own carrier has released an update.
    I would always try the freshest OS available. Most people don't understand the process with OS releases and are nervous initially about using an OS that "isn't official."
    Don't be!
    All OS's are made by RIM. RIM sends all OS versions it makes for a device to all carriers that sell/sold that device. Carriers test the OS's and decide to release or not. Plenty of reasons a carrier would NOT release a great OS: released OS for same device recently; too many other releases for other devices; tech support undermanned and/or busy with new hardware/software, network issues, etc; replacement device is coming soon; etc, etc

If you go to the Forum for your device, one Sticky at the top will always be for the newest OS.
    You have a 9100, so you'd look here:
    BlackBerry Pearl 3G - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

The newest official OS for 91XX is 6.0.0.600. Here's the thread for it:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...guages-628135/

I posted an Upgrade Guide in Post #15 at the bottom of Page 1. Follow that and you should be golden.
    Good luck!
    07-28-11 03:28 PM
    hi everyone. i have one bold 9000 OS5 and unlocked bold 9650 os6 ( cant use browser and apps). can i follow the step above with os5 on bold 9000 and use that service book for bold 9650? thanks
    08-05-11 04:56 AM
    Dear Xandermac
    Thank you for your excellent instructions!
    I have another question:
    After all these steps and having downloaded the new OS, i try to update the device and it doesn't find any updates, even though i have installed the new OS on my PC. Do you have any clue of what alternative options i have?
    Thanks in advance
    PS. I have BB-9700 and BDM 6.1.
    I currently have OS 6.0.0.448 and want to upgrade to OS 6.0.0.666
    09-25-11 01:50 AM
    I have done this, but no resultat, i think i'm doing something wrong, but idk what.
    What do you mean with "left arrow"? And what about "activate you blackberry"?
    How do you do that? My 9300 is my first bb by the way

Please help me, my browser doesn't work if I set Data Service on "off"
    I don't know what to do

hereiamwithmyprob
    12-14-11 06:50 AM
    Hate to bring back an old thread, but I just got a 9300 while my other device gets serviced. I will try to update it from 5 to 6 and post here whatever results I get once I finish.

Edit: I totally forgot about this thread. Everything went smooth with the upgrade, no problems at all.
    Last edited by BBbyChoice; 06-30-12 at 06:56 PM.
    06-03-12 10:05 AM
185 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD