06-03-12 10:05 AM
185 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Another satisfied customer... Thank you for your walk through!
    11-03-10 11:19 AM
    Works like a Charm, Thanks for the Walk through

BB9700 Telefonica El Salvador
    11-03-10 11:24 AM
    My provider is Telkomsel (Indonesia). The methods works very well by restoring OS 5 Service Books. BUT after every battery pull, it will not work again UNTIL I restore the OS Service books again.

Anybody have a similar situation?

yes i have this too. my provider is base/eplus (germany).

deleting the inet service 2 works for some minutes, then i have all all the wrong servicebooks back.

i tried again with and without akku pull, same thing.

legacy mode is always on...

edit:

downgraded to os 5 and saved the servicebooks again.

wiped, got back to os 6 and tried to see what happens without installing the old servicebooks.

much more came in and the inet servicebook and inet servicebook 2 were next to each other. i deleted the second and voilŠ, surfing works now for more than 15 mins. weeeeeeeee

(i have to say, that i had this time WIFI off)

holy cow! the prob is the bb-symbol, which appears shortly after you activate the wlan. is this uma?
    after the symbol comes up, my browser is dead and gone.

turning wifi off makes it running again...
    Last edited by mr44er; 11-03-10 at 03:15 PM.
    11-03-10 01:40 PM
    Register on the network and push your servicebooks to ensure you have the latest (I used a T-Mobile 9700)

Howto push these serverice books?
    11-04-10 07:57 AM
    yeey worked for me as well

ok, dunno if this would be the case for everyone, but I just updated to the beta leaked version of OS6 for the 9700. Everything worked, except my browser. Worked only through wifi. My search led me here.

I tried resending service books with no luck.

I was about the rewipe when i just checked my service books and i noticed i had:

Blackberry internet browsing service (browsercon...)

AND

Blackberry internet browsing service 2 (browsercon...)

That struck me as odd, deleted the one with "2" and immediately my browser started working.
    11-04-10 11:48 AM
    Hey everyone!
    I got a bit of a problem with the new OS!

Im Happy that OS6 finally leaked for us and I followed all the instructions on backing up my carriers service books. And then loaded it back onto the phone after upgrading to OS6 and trying to use the browser which didnt work at that time. And after reloading the service books from OS5, the browser shows "Browsing over the cellular network is not included as part of your current service plan. To browse the web you must use Wi-Fi or contact your service provider to change your service plan" While im already on BIS! Not too sure on what I should do but I need some assistance please! (:

I loaded OS6, then tried the browser and it did not work, then i reloaded my service books from OS5 but the browser still does not work? Everything else works though! Just the browser! Please help!

Wes
    11-04-10 12:07 PM
    I am using the Bold 9700 on At&t and just updated to OS6. For some reason, I cannot send texts. Everytime i try to send a text, the little clock shows up and it never attempts to send. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    11-04-10 01:40 PM
    AHAHAHAHAH its soo funny
    11-04-10 07:34 PM
    Tried this and it worked perfectly. Appreciate it man. my 9700 is epic now
    11-04-10 09:25 PM
    Thanks xandermac, Very helpful post!
    11-04-10 10:30 PM
    how bout just waiting for the official version...patience......
    11-05-10 08:12 AM
    I'm no longer able to get a list of my downloaded apps. Keeps asking me to check my connection to the network.

Is this happening to anyone else or found a way to resolve?

Thanks.
    Thanks to S4BB Tech Support:

From within Blackberry App World: While holding the ALT key, press R S T

This should reset App World, effectively logging you out and removing your credentials thus allowing you to login anew.
    11-05-10 03:41 PM
    I loaded OS6, then tried the browser and it did not work, then i reloaded my service books from OS5 but the browser still does not work? Everything else works though! Just the browser! Please help!

Wes
    I didn't have a Browser problem, but I read that someone simply deleted the 2nd instance of the Blackberry Internet Service. Rebooted and all was well.

Maybe it will work for you.
    11-05-10 03:54 PM
    I didn't have a Browser problem, but I read that someone simply deleted the 2nd instance of the Blackberry Internet Service. Rebooted and all was well.

Maybe it will work for you.
    Thank you for your reply!

Yes I read about that and I went to go look for my service books to see if there was any "double" but there isnt any. LOL! So im not sure what to do right now. I think I will wait for a few more responses and if needed I will try reloading the OS and Ill ask around to see if any one know how to solve this problem!

Thanks again!

Wes
    11-06-10 12:52 AM
    I performed this before on my 9650 and it worked, although i was getting small edge more the EDGE but my facebook, twitter, etc worked.. Now when i try this tutorial for a second time after i haven't used my 9650 for a few weeks, it doesn't work. What am i doing wrong?
    11-06-10 08:39 PM
    i tried restoring my service books from 5.0 and the browser did not work. i tried lookin for those service books(Blackberry internet browsing service (browsercon...)
    AND
    Blackberry internet browsing service 2 (browsercon...)) but couldnt find them on my bb... is there any other way, my service operator said that they are experiencing some glitches on OS 6 and recommended me to downgrade to 5.0.. plzz help i dont wanna go back to 5.0
    11-07-10 02:10 AM
    Really basic question here....
    I downloaded the new OS. I run the program and it installs to my PC. I select the option to run DM (ver 6). How do I install the new OS? The only one showing in the Update section is the installed 5/979 version.... I'm stumped!
    11-07-10 05:35 PM
    Well. Everythings great for me. and im looking forward to producing my first theme for the 9700 by december.

>>>>>Thats if they get the 9700 onto The theme Builder <<<<<<
    Thats another thing im gonna have to wait for..... the theme building update. Boy does rim like to make people wait.
    11-07-10 08:20 PM
    if i download and install this, will i still get the "official" as an update or will i have to go find it? just i want os6 now, but if the official version comes out in a month with bug fixes, i would obviously want that straight away. you dig?
    11-10-10 09:14 AM
    I've got a bizarre issue. After the upgrade, I have no color color theme. The entire display is black and white and I can't tell what icon I am selecting. Anyone ever see that?
    11-10-10 01:15 PM
    ^^^ I'm having the exact same problems. Everything works, it's just there's no theme...or cursors, or highlighting or anything. This is the second time I've tried installing OS6.

Thankfully, downgrading is a snap, but I'd really like to get 6 working.
    11-10-10 01:59 PM
    Thanks for taking the time to post these steps, they were very helpful!

I just upgraded and appears to be well except for one thing... Still getting an "Unable to find the requested server" error when attempting to load a number of sites via a WiFi connection. Any suggestions? My 9700 is on the AT&T network.
    11-11-10 09:59 AM
    Booting My BOLD-9700 as I type...Oh I wonder Btw When you resend Ur SB's from your Provider / Carrier they wil overwrite the ones on ur Device?! Correct? Could someone please confirm?
    11-11-10 12:48 PM
    Booting My BOLD-9700 as I type...Oh I wonder Btw When you resend Ur SB's from your Provider / Carrier they wil overwrite the ones on ur Device?! Correct? Could someone please confirm?
    UPDATE Well everything seems to be working as far as could be expected with a FIRSTleak for us BOLD-9700 Users... Re-Sending Service Books did NOTcause my settings 'Browser' to revert...(y). I'm Fully funvtional now...YEAH! Will post over @ http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...-fixes-545423/ what APPS I have installed and such in a bit...
    11-15-10 02:01 PM
    Can anyone address this issue< Having the same exact problem as OSoAmazin and BBORBO,

After the upgrade, I have no color color theme. The entire display is black and white and I can't tell what icon I am selecting. Anyone ever see that? Everything works, it's just there's no theme...or cursors, or highlighting or anything. This is the second time I've tried installing OS6. its like the Gui is missing

I upgraded from os5, using destop manager 5v1,
    I have tried multiple wipes and reinstalls of OS6 same problem occurs. immediatley after the install it does boot up and goes thru the pretty intro showing the bold 9700 and a preview of the os, then it goes to the screen with the legal mumbo jumbo, click on ok, then it reverts to the white blocks and text. the menus, are in place with icons, but no color, theme or gui ??
    11-17-10 02:32 PM
185 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD