06-03-12 10:05 AM
185 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I'm about to install OS6 on my 9650. I did a complete back up on Desktop Manager 6 and also backed up my service books.

Anything else I need to do before I upgrade?

Also, will it work if I restore my address book and bbm settings to my new OS6 from my previous OS5?
    10-08-10 01:43 PM
    Great information, I used some of it to create my "what to expect" thread for the Sprint 9330 here.
    10-14-10 09:53 AM
    I read through this thread, then went back and followed instructions. When I tried to download OS, none of the links worked.
    Thanks in advance for anyone who can PM a link.
    10-19-10 09:42 PM
    Has anyone tried this leak on the Storm 9550?
    10-26-10 08:17 PM
    alright i got a question, I'm having all kinds of email issues with os 6, if I take my wifes 9630 and back up the service books, will this solve my email issue or will I have to put my email accounts on her phone first?
    10-29-10 09:56 PM
    I'm no longer able to get a list of my downloaded apps. Keeps asking me to check my connection to the network.

Is this happening to anyone else or found a way to resolve?

Thanks.
    10-31-10 08:03 AM
    ok, dunno if this would be the case for everyone, but I just updated to the beta leaked version of OS6 for the 9700. Everything worked, except my browser. Worked only through wifi. My search led me here.

I tried resending service books with no luck.

I was about the rewipe when i just checked my service books and i noticed i had:

Blackberry internet browsing service (browsercon...)

AND

Blackberry internet browsing service 2 (browsercon...)

That struck me as odd, deleted the one with "2" and immediately my browser started working.
    11-02-10 11:58 AM
    ok, dunno if this would be the case for everyone, but I just updated to the beta leaked version of OS6 for the 9700. Everything worked, except my browser. Worked only through wifi. My search led me here.

I was about the rewipe when i just checked my service books and i noticed i had:

AND

That struck me as odd, deleted the one with "2" and immediately my browser started working.
    Worked for me! thanks
    11-02-10 01:32 PM
    Hello All,

I installed OS6 on my T-Mobile 9700, however, the icons are very small and the screens can't be navigated. I presume there was an error during installation. Anybody had this issue?
    11-02-10 02:03 PM
    So whats the DM 6? Is that just the download manager that came on the 9700 install CD?
    11-02-10 02:18 PM
    my social feeds doesnt work. is that normal? did i do something wrong? is any1 having this problem?
    11-02-10 03:26 PM
    Hello All,

I installed OS6 on my T-Mobile 9700, however, the icons are very small and the screens can't be navigated. I presume there was an error during installation. Anybody had this issue?
    Download and install bbsak, look at your device's COD files and delete the Tmo theme cod file, then do a battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-10 05:54 PM
    The other bit of advice I've read is to install the OS fresh, don't install or restore anything from your old OS - 3rd party apps etc. Then only restore addresses, mail files and bbm contacts. Install your 3rd parties separately with fresh installs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-10 06:02 PM
    Have followed all the steps (wipe with BBSAk, install with AppLoader) with the exception of deleting all the other OS 5 device software installed on my laptop. App Loader recognizes OS 6.0.0.344 and proceeds to install. Get about 90% to the finish line and then the following error occurs. Can't see why having previous device software would make the difference as the device is wiped and App Loader sees OS 6.
    Please help!

A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

Module incompatible. [J:0x00000011]

The update file "net_rim_crypto.cod" for application "BlackBerry Crypto Library" is not compatible with the version of the application that is installed on your device. Delete the application from your device, and then re-install the application. Warning: If you delete an application from your device, you also delete any device data that is associated with the application.
    11-02-10 08:58 PM
    Been waiting forever for this, Downloaded and installed it, after reading alot of people who had problems I was a little worried but I had NO problems at all. After install and reinstalling all my apps I have 76.6 Mb left. Works fast, I get a little wait time here and there while deleting an app and a few other things. Reboot time seems to be under 2 mins. Only app I have that's not compatible with this OS is my guitar hero world tour. One weird message I got though was when I opened my text message to send a reply a box popped up saying something about how not all of my text are covered under my text plan or something like that. Anyone else receive this message?
    11-02-10 09:27 PM
    Tried everything
    This worked for me too....easy, straight forward and effective

AND

11-02-10 09:35 PM
    Firstly long team reader, first time posting.

I upgraded my 9700 and it works like a charm, previously I was receiving a few errors with OS5, but since the upgrade nothing to report but smooth sailing.

I'm in the process of restoring my personal data, but as of right now everything is amazing, I love my phone again!

Important piece of advice, as in cooking, follow the instructions to their completion and read them before attempting anything.

Good Luck and thanks!
    11-02-10 09:49 PM
    Followed the instructions to a "T"
    Keep getting this:

A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

Module incompatible. [J:0x00000011]

The update file "net_rim_crypto.cod" for application "BlackBerry Crypto Library" is not compatible with the version of the application that is installed on your device. Delete the application from your device, and then re-install the application. Warning: If you delete an application from your device, you also delete any device data that is associated with the application.
    11-02-10 10:29 PM
    nice guide
    11-03-10 06:13 AM
    Installed without a hitch for me, I restored everything including apps and have 77mb free space. Runs very fast, I'm pleasantly surprised!
    11-03-10 06:27 AM

AND

+1 Thanks!
    11-03-10 06:46 AM
    Everything is working great, no problems with upgrade (I followed the instructions).

Also, I did NOT have to restore service books, the Browser and other apps had an Internet/BIS access immediately... (Vodafone, Croatia)

The only thing I had to do manually is to delete and add Gmail account again because I didn't get those [SYNC] servicebooks working for syncing calendars and contacts...
    Last edited by darmar; 11-03-10 at 08:09 AM.
    11-03-10 07:01 AM
    I'm on OS6 and need to downgrade to OS5 to get my service books, not sure how to do it though, please help
    11-03-10 07:23 AM
    I'm on OS6 and need to downgrade to OS5 to get my service books, not sure how to do it though, please help
    search for "How To Downgrade Your BlackBerry's Operating System" article at CrackBerry.com
    11-03-10 07:47 AM
    My provider is Telkomsel (Indonesia). The methods works very well by restoring OS 5 Service Books. BUT after every battery pull, it will not work again UNTIL I restore the OS Service books again.

Anybody have a similar situation?
    11-03-10 11:12 AM
185 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD