06-03-12 10:05 AM
185 1234 ...
tools
    Is there a way to turn off Legacy SB Mode after we've made the backup?

Nevermind... ALT plus SBDB
    09-21-10 01:11 PM
    Worked for me, Thanks guys!
    09-21-10 01:23 PM
    I had previous backup files on my computer that I made before I upgraded so I figured I could use those service books. Not the case. Still isnt working.
    09-21-10 01:36 PM
    Any luck with the video light?
    09-21-10 02:31 PM
    Your previous backup only contains a limited set of servicebooks (unless you enable Legacy SB restore mode).

I had previous backup files on my computer that I made before I upgraded so I figured I could use those service books. Not the case. Still isnt working.
    09-21-10 02:53 PM
    If you "disable" LSBRM, then you will lose the servicebooks on a reboot, the security software will delete them.

Enable it once, keep the SB screen open on your phone while you copy the SB backup file over to your phone via DM, then do notuse the alt+SBEB command again.

Unless you happen to be on BES? If you are it might expain the problem, the BES might be overriding your phones security policy.

Initialy this works for me, but after a day or a few houe I am sent a message that my blackberry is now registered with the network and the sb's I loaded are gone and replaced with incompadible ones. Then I have to go into legacy mode again reload sb's and start the cycle over

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by xandermac; 09-21-10 at 02:59 PM.
    09-21-10 02:56 PM
    hey im not really sure if anyone asked this yet but i'm in kinda of a hurry and really wanted to do this before i left the house. im using DM6 and your instructions were a little bit different from DM5 (i think). so i enabled the Legacy servicebook restore mode, and went in to the DM6 and selected "custom"......then selected just "service books" ( and it listed 37 service books).........then selected bakup and it was successful. just wondering if that was right and if they all backed uup for DM6?????..........thanks guys, awsome thread
    09-21-10 03:46 PM
    ok forget it i found the DM6 instrustions right at the bottom.....what a ****** i am.....but now do i have to disable the Legacy servicebook restore mode ????????????............or am i done????
    09-21-10 04:00 PM
    My phone was already running os6 and began giving me that error. I connected my phone to desktop manager 6 clicked device and then went to delete data changed the option to delete selected data scrolled to service books and erased them. I then went and had my service books resent to the phone and its been working fine ever since. Hope this works
    09-21-10 05:05 PM
    I tried downloading OS6 online but all of the files from all of the host websites have been removed... :/

*EDIT* This one works, though it took me a few tries:

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: 9650_512AMEA_PBr6.0.0_rel602_PL4.4.0.147_A6.0.0.22 2.exe
    Last edited by tuftDaBeat; 09-21-10 at 05:39 PM.
    09-21-10 05:36 PM
    Do not disable it. If you do all the sb's will get deleted by the security software on reboot.

ok forget it i found the DM6 instrustions right at the bottom.....what a ****** i am.....but now do i have to disable the Legacy servicebook restore mode ????????????............or am i done????
    09-21-10 05:43 PM
    this step: "1. Start with an OS5 device on your carriers network, Register on the network and push your servicebooks to ensure you have the latest"

How does one register on their network? I mean, i'm currently on my network...or does the alt+sbeb do this?

Also, when do i do the alt+sbeb? at anytime, or once i'm plugged into DM?

Thanks!
    09-21-10 06:16 PM
    LOL....ok great.....thanks bro..............hey anyone know where i can find that wallpaper from that theme "dreamtorch"....its that landscape wallpaper................also if and when the official or another leak release, can we update straight from this leak we have now???????????????????
    09-21-10 06:17 PM
    If you're on OS5, can get your email use bbm browse the web etc then you're good.
    And can start the Guide.

this step: "1. Start with an OS5 device on your carriers network, Register on the network and push your servicebooks to ensure you have the latest"

How does one register on their network? I mean, i'm currently on my network...or does the alt+sbeb do this?

Also, when do i do the alt+sbeb? at anytime, or once i'm plugged into DM?

Thanks!
    09-21-10 06:19 PM
    does this work for the verizon PTT feature?
    09-21-10 06:44 PM
    I think this is way to long of a process like i said just erase the service books with dm and go into you email setting and have them resent it works fine after that
    09-21-10 06:55 PM
    best way to save your huge headache is if you wait for official release. it is the only answer.
    09-21-10 07:09 PM
    I think this is way to long of a process like i said just erase the service books with dm and go into you email setting and have them resent it works fine after that
    What email setting and how do you have them resend it?
    09-21-10 07:15 PM
    best way to save your huge headache is if you wait for official release. it is the only answer.
    haha well said man.....well said!!!!!
    09-21-10 07:15 PM
    What email setting and how do you have them resend it?
    Nevermind, I found it. Thx
    09-21-10 07:26 PM
    Do a battery pull...VZW just pushed a new SB for the browser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    09-21-10 09:44 PM
    For real? they're supporting os6 now? Great news then. What about sprint? Heard anything?

Do a battery pull...VZW just pushed a new SB for the browser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    09-21-10 09:49 PM
    For real? they're supporting os6 now? Great news then. What about sprint? Heard anything?
    I just did a random battery pull...I couldn't believe it!

It comes up as "Blackberry Internet Browsing Service 2"
    09-21-10 09:53 PM
    So does this mean we don't have to go through all those steps to back up the service books? I have yet to load os6 on my berry but I'm downloading the file now...
    09-21-10 10:09 PM
    thanks for this guide
    09-21-10 11:03 PM
185 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD