Thank. Thats of GREAT help.
    01-07-11 01:53 AM
    Downloaded OS6 V6.0.0.418 onto my Bold 9700 (Rogers), (yes I deleted the vendor XML file before loading OS6) last weekend and it seems to work perfectly except for a couple of issues. When opening .wav files there is a lot of background noise so much in fact that I can't make out what is in the attachment (.wav files worked perfectly when OS5 was on my 9700). How can I correct this? Also, I've downloaded some different themes using BB App world and can't seem to change the theme on my phone. Here's what I'm doing, clicking on option>display>screen display to bottom of page click on the icon to the right of BB (Active) opens a page to reset my wallpaper (which I don't want to do). Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks very much everyone, in advance, for your help.
    01-12-11 06:26 PM
    worked like a charm. thank u for this nice post from s�n�gal west africa
    01-13-11 05:41 AM
    If you "disable" LSBRM, then you will lose the servicebooks on a reboot, the security software will delete them.

Enable it once, keep the SB screen open on your phone while you copy the SB backup file over to your phone via DM, then do notuse the alt+SBEB command again.

Unless you happen to be on BES? If you are it might expain the problem, the BES might be overriding your phones security policy.
    I have the same issue to, 2 service book for browser but different parameter, I did try and error and my browser working very fast with the one I copied and delete the other, problem is everytime device reboot, the service book I had deleted always keep coming, any idea How to set so each time I re boot the device the deleted service book will not pop up anymore

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 08:29 PM
    I've installed the OS6 but when i go into DM theres no update. Help please!
    01-14-11 05:12 PM
    Vodafone in Hungary is also pushing the correct Service Books for OS6.
    Just if anyone is wondering.
    01-21-11 10:42 AM
    tried downloading the os6.in the update it says 1 or more modules could not be resolved
    help!!
    Use the AppLoader, that is what I did to resolve this issue. Also, make sure you have removed Vendor.xml from the AppLoader folder.
    01-25-11 06:44 AM
    Can someone please test this, Create a new Group contact list of 11 people via SMS. Then try to send an SMS to that group of 11 people. Does it work? On the torch it says unable to send to more than 10 people.
    01-31-11 08:04 AM
    This could be a carrier restriction?
    01-31-11 08:57 AM
    It can't be every copy of OS6 that is out there has this restriction and if it did have a restriction why does OS5 not have it?
    01-31-11 08:59 AM
    i agree. just wonder if the carrier makes that restriction? but if it didnt happen to you in os5, then youre right. Personally, i have never sms such a large group so i cannot compare. sorry. hopefully, you can find someone to test.
    Last edited by coffee-turtle; 01-31-11 at 09:15 AM.
    01-31-11 09:10 AM
    I believe RIM made the decision to block certain features. Maybe there is a way to make a hybrid OS that takes pat of OS5 into OS6
    01-31-11 09:30 AM
    are you able to see in Options for SMS text the Network To Send Over?
    i dont know if changing this to Packet Switched from Circuit Switched will make a difference?
    01-31-11 09:59 AM
    Doesn't make a difference
    02-01-11 08:43 AM
    I was out and saw someone with the new FLIP blackberry it seems on Sprint he is restricted to 100 people while the bold 9650 with OS6 is restricted to 10. On OS5 there are no restrictions, however it's not wise to do over 400-500 people.
    02-03-11 11:22 AM
    I'm in the UK using a Bold 9700 on Virgin and followed all the instructions to the letter for backing up the SBs on OS5 before updating..

I've done the restore and hit on the Browser / 2 SB problem - if I delete the Blackberry Internet Service 2 SB and do a battery pull, the browser works file for a while on the mobile network...

But the problem is after a couple of hours, the BIS2 SB seems to re-appear without warning and stops the browser working over the mobile network..

So I've got to delete again and another battery pull.

Is there any way I can stop the BIS 2 SB coming back, or am I just going to have to wait for my carrier to fix the SBs?
    02-04-11 05:45 AM
    Is there any way I can stop the BIS 2 SB coming back, or am I just going to have to wait for my carrier to fix the SBs?
    Nope, you can't stop service books being pushed to your device.

Give Branson a bell and ask him to sort it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-11 11:18 AM
    Nope, you can't stop service books being pushed to your device.

Give Branson a bell and ask him to sort it
    He'll probably parachute or spelunk in to help, or maybe burrow through the earth's core from the other side.
    02-05-11 12:13 PM
    Hi guys,

I have upgrade my torch from .246 to .450
    There is indeed a lot of fixes, better battery etc...But my browser not working anymore (opera does).
    I know that the problem is related with service book file. I called my provider's technical support and they told me that the service book is not ready yet for the torch, and they use the 9700 service meanwhile.

Can someone advise what to do?
    Thanks
    02-11-11 06:38 AM
    This tutorial only works with OS 6.0.0.334 !?!?!

I tried on 6.0.0.424, 6.0.0.448 and 6.0.0.461 and doesn't work for me.

On all OS after the 6.0.0.334 I can't restore Browser Service Book with Legacy Restore (alt +SBEB).

Does anyone have same problem?
    02-17-11 05:07 PM
    i'm having the same problem,i can t use anymore browser on direct tcp/ip,just wi fi
    02-22-11 07:09 AM
    This tutorial only works with OS 6.0.0.334 !?!?!

I tried on 6.0.0.424, 6.0.0.448 and 6.0.0.461 and doesn't work for me.

On all OS after the 6.0.0.334 I can't restore Browser Service Book with Legacy Restore (alt +SBEB).

Does anyone have same problem?
    I've same problem!
    02-23-11 01:57 PM
    i got it but not found a lot of difference
    03-14-11 02:08 PM
    Hereunder, I quoted a post by Xandermac about the step by step to do when updating to OS 6... My question is, I didn't buy my handheld device from any network carriers in the country I'm right in, I bought it from a Computer/Bookstore, so do I have to do number 1 in the best SCENARIO #1 listed below?

[QUOTE=xandermac;5594348]If you plan on updating to OS6 either via a full wipe or an upgrade, do yourself a favor and backup your OS5 servicebooks first.

Scenario #1: Still on OS5 (Desktop Manager 5 works, not sure about 6. If you use DM6 and know the steps please post them.)

This is the best scenario.

1. Start with an OS5 device on your carriers network, Register on the network and push your servicebooks to ensure you have the latest (I used a T-Mobile 9700)
    (THIS IS CRITICAL, make sure your OS5 device is active on your network. You will not have the necessary Browserconfig SB if you skip this step and therefore still won't be able to surf the web. Do not skip this even if it seems pointless, activate your old blackberry!. Some people skipped it and wondered why the process didn't work...)
    2. Go into options, advanced, servicebooks - HOLD THE ALT KEY and type SBEB. This will enable Legacy servicebook restore mode which allows you to backup/restore ALL of your servicebooks (Not just the ones RIM allows you to backup).

03-24-11 09:49 AM
    Hello

After long time I'm finaly upgrade my BB Bold 9700 to newer version from 6.0.0.334 OS.

Very simple just upgrade from 6.0.0.334 to 6.0.0.570 without wipe device and I checked Backup all data and restore after upgrade.

My Borowser works!

Sorry for my English
    05-24-11 05:52 AM
185 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD