Just finished loading up os6 on my device, internet services didn't work but the battery pull did the trick. This thing is butter so far
    09-21-10 11:16 PM
    Just finished loading up os6 on my device, internet services didn't work but the battery pull did the trick. This thing is butter so far
    That didn't take them long to provide the sb for the browser for us beta testers...not bad vzw! Anyone who upgrades after 8pm central today (give or take) will NOT have the browser issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-10 11:32 PM
    So does this mean we don't have to go through all those steps to back up the service books? I have yet to load os6 on my berry but I'm downloading the file now...
    Correct, the "fix" is no longer needed. Thanks again to xandermac for providing great insight to the workaround though. The first thing I did after loading up the browser is enable legacy sb and do a sb backup!
    09-22-10 07:57 AM
    What email setting and how do you have them resend it?
    I just login to my bis account and have them resent
    09-22-10 08:17 AM
    Great guide! One note tho... You don't actually need to enable legacy restore service books mode to backup the service books, but you do need to enable this during the restore process. If you performed a backup before upgrading you can enable this (SBEB) and do a custom restore selecting only the service books. I tested this and it worked fine for me on 2 devices.
    09-22-10 08:37 AM
    This depends on the phone, the carrier and what services are available. These instruction are for all phones, not just the 9650. For example, my normal dm backups contain 16 servicebooks whereas my legacy backup has 31. I'd rather have all 31. FB, twitter, vvm etc don't get backed up thru my normal DM backup process, neither do any of my IM servicebooks, so without my full legacy backup none of these services work on OS6 on t-mobile for me as they're not pushed to me automatically. In time t-mobile will support OS6 but for now I need all of them i'm afraid.

Great guide! One note tho... You don't actually need to enable legacy restore service books mode to backup the service books, but you do need to enable this during the restore process. If you performed a backup before upgrading you can enable this (SBEB) and do a custom restore selecting only the service books. I tested this and it worked fine for me on 2 devices.
    Last edited by xandermac; 09-22-10 at 09:19 AM.
    09-22-10 09:15 AM
    I concur with xandermac, you need to enable legacy sb restore if you try and backup your SB's. I went to do a custom sb backup and it showed 18 available...did a battery pull (finding out that VZW is now pushing the browser sb for OS6), enabled legacy restore, then DM6 found 41 SB's.

All is well with the v.222
    09-22-10 10:40 AM
    Edit, found my answer didn't read the whole thread

09-22-10 10:49 AM
    I installed the OS6 on my sprint 9650, and everything looks great. I got all my third party apps and everything EXCEPT MY THEMES!!!! What in the world???? I backed up everything and I THOUGHT everything was restored correctly. I backed up my 3rd party apps with the device switch wizard in DM5 I believe. Either way, it didn't seem like I needed the backup because after OS6 installed, my 3rd parties came along for the ride...EXCEPT MY THEMES!!! To make things worse, I tried to look for my 3rd party backup anyway to load through App Loader, AND THE BACKUP IS GONE NOW!!! HELP....I NEED MY THEMES BACK!!!!! Any input for me?
    09-22-10 12:22 PM
    I installed the OS6 on my sprint 9650, and everything looks great. I got all my third party apps and everything EXCEPT MY THEMES!!!! What in the world???? I backed up everything and I THOUGHT everything was restored correctly. I backed up my 3rd party apps with the device switch wizard in DM5 I believe. Either way, it didn't seem like I needed the backup because after OS6 installed, my 3rd parties came along for the ride...EXCEPT MY THEMES!!! To make things worse, I tried to look for my 3rd party backup anyway to load through App Loader, AND THE BACKUP IS GONE NOW!!! HELP....I NEED MY THEMES BACK!!!!! Any input for me?
    Not to mention, I try re-downloading my themes from the original source thru an OTA link (like through Mobihand), I get a "The item you selected cannot be displayed. Do you wish to save the item?" I select yes of course, wondering what he **** is going on. I save the *.jad file and I click on it, and it takes me to a download screen. I get happy. I click on the download button and I get a "Download Failed". I am effin' angry and ready to kick my cubicle down. PLEASE HELP!!!
    09-22-10 12:30 PM
    Shoot - is it true that third party themes aren't compateble yet?
    09-22-10 01:04 PM
    Can we do a full wipe and then install OS6? what do you think?
    09-24-10 09:48 AM
    Shoot - is it true that third party themes aren't compateble yet?
    No, they don't work. We're waiting for a release of Theme Developer 6 that will allow for new themes to be made.

Can we do a full wipe and then install OS6? what do you think?
    I would recommend a full wipe AFTER you've backed up your device and the service books.

***NOTE FOR EVERYONE***

I did this backup and install of just the service books but since VZW automatically updates them, it over-wrote them again. Easy fix was to just install the old ones again until VZW comes out with an official OS6 release.

Just wanted to let everyone know. It happened after about a week.
    09-24-10 10:11 AM
    Not to mention, I try re-downloading my themes from the original source thru an OTA link (like through Mobihand), I get a "The item you selected cannot be displayed. Do you wish to save the item?" I select yes of course, wondering what he **** is going on. I save the *.jad file and I click on it, and it takes me to a download screen. I get happy. I click on the download button and I get a "Download Failed". I am effin' angry and ready to kick my cubicle down. PLEASE HELP!!!
    I got that also when trying to install a game since it would not transfer from the backup.

I tried saving it and then re-opening it but it didn't work. So I guess ome 3rd party apps won't work on OS6 until they're updated as well.
    09-24-10 10:12 AM
    Is there a way to just get the OS6 webkit browser on my BB 9650?
    09-25-10 10:05 AM
    I got that also when trying to install a game since it would not transfer from the backup.

I tried saving it and then re-opening it but it didn't work. So I guess ome 3rd party apps won't work on OS6 until they're updated as well.
    Try this. After you have selected save and you have reopened the file and are on the download page, select the option to change permissions. There are three catagories of permissions. The first is connections. Change the permissions to "allow" for the entire connections catagory. Save and close. It should start downloading.

09-27-10 07:59 PM
    Thanks for this tutorial, really helped me setup my 9650 on tmobile. The only thing that kinda ticks me off is the fact that my EDGE keeps switching to gprs and small edge, and my facebook, twitter now work.
    09-27-10 09:33 PM
    So guys I am new to this whole updating thing, but can someone help me out with a link on to the DL of the OS 6? for my bold 9650 vzw
    09-28-10 09:02 PM
    So guys I am new to this whole updating thing, but can someone help me out with a link on to the DL of the OS 6? for my bold 9650 vzw
    BigMatt2020, welcome to the Crackberry world. Be careful, "The first one is free."

OS6 is still available:

9650 v222.1.0 Released to Public!

Be sure to take a look at the hybrids available at BBtweaks.com.

Their hybrid os5 releases for my 8330 have been cleaner than some of the 4.5 standard releases I've loaded.

I would not hesitate to try an os6 release from them, if had a 9650...
    09-29-10 01:21 AM
    Try this. After you have selected save and you have reopened the file and are on the download page, select the option to change permissions. There are three catagories of permissions. The first is connections. Change the permissions to "allow" for the entire connections catagory. Save and close. It should start downloading.

I tried what you said but it still doesn't work. I set all permissions to allow, and I get a 'download failed' error. If I click on details it says "907 Invalid COD A network error occurred". If it matters, this is when I'm trying to install Google Maps 4.4.0.
    10-01-10 03:50 PM
    Dude you are the man....worked like a charm.....everything is working so smooth at the moment.
    10-03-10 12:24 PM
    I tried what you said but it still doesn't work. I set all permissions to allow, and I get a 'download failed' error. If I click on details it says "907 Invalid COD A network error occurred". If it matters, this is when I'm trying to install Google Maps 4.4.0.
    It just decided to work yesterday. No idea why after all the reboots and different attempts.

10-03-10 12:39 PM
    I know this question might sound kinda dum but, I had try to install from the web leaks to install on my 9700 from tmo but every time I try to install it I can't figure out what next. The system tells me tha I have the lates update and I can do nothing from there. I don't know what to do.
    10-03-10 10:20 PM
    /\ Does not work on a 9700 since OS 6 is not out for that device yet.
    10-03-10 10:37 PM
    use your universal search to find the service books and resend them...everything started feeding through for me when I did this.
    10-07-10 12:55 PM
185 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD