I have a BlackBerry Curve 8520 on T-Mobile UK (OS 4.6) and would like to update the BlackBerry's software to 5. I went onto the T-Mobile UK site, and found the download link - but it required a account that it gave no instructions on how to make or what the account is. I asked a question on their forums but no one replied. I also went on the T-Mobile US site but it required a 10 digit number (in the UK - our numbers are 11 digits.)
    I then attempted to update from Internet Explorer, and used BlackBerry's Desktop Software to begin the download. But right before It was beginning, it told me that i would have to reactivate the handset after updating to continue using blackberry internet services. As I did not know how to do this, i clicked cancel. It has since been prompting me to update to the latest firmware once i connect my handset to BlackBerry Desktop Software
    Also, i've been reading through the forums and saw a tutorial in which you have to delete the vendor.xml file and download the OS from the internet - why do we need to delete the vendor.xml? As i cannot access the T-Mobile BlackBerry download page can i just use the update that BlackBerry Device Software is providing me with?

So is installing the OS directly from BlackBerry Device Software OK? And how do I reactivate my BlackBerry after?

~Thanks.
    Last edited by Muh4mmed; 12-28-10 at 11:05 AM.
    12-28-10 10:53 AM
    never mind. I done it anyways. To help anyone else, when it notifies you must reactivate your device - it doesnt affect you unless you are in a enterpris. If your using it normally you can update anyways.
    12-28-10 12:19 PM
    would have been so much easier to have done the update through blackberry desktop manager :/
    12-28-10 12:31 PM
    ok i have a problem too my blackberry curve 8520 when i plug the usb to my laptop and all it doesnth update my blackberry via the desktop device manager it searches for an update and it says select a device to connect as in a pin please help me out!
    and also i cant update my fb the new one i get sent the link i click on it it doesnth work please advice me ta! x
    08-18-11 07:55 PM
    ok i have a problem too my blackberry curve 8520 when i plug the usb to my laptop and all it doesnth update my blackberry via the desktop device manager it searches for an update and it says select a device to connect as in a pin please help me out!
    and also i cant update my fb the new one i get sent the link i click on it it doesnth work please advice me ta! x
    08-18-11 07:56 PM
    I have a BlackBerry Curve 8520 on T-Mobile UK (OS 4.6) and would like to update the BlackBerry's software to 5. I went onto the T-Mobile UK site, and found the download link - but it required a account that it gave no instructions on how to make or what the account is. I asked a question on their forums but no one replied. I also went on the T-Mobile US site but it required a 10 digit number (in the UK - our numbers are 11 digits.)
    I then attempted to update from Internet Explorer, and used BlackBerry's Desktop Software to begin the download. But right before It was beginning, it told me that i would have to reactivate the handset after updating to continue using blackberry internet services. As I did not know how to do this, i clicked cancel. It has since been prompting me to update to the latest firmware once i connect my handset to BlackBerry Desktop Software
    Also, i've been reading through the forums and saw a tutorial in which you have to delete the vendor.xml file and download the OS from the internet - why do we need to delete the vendor.xml? As i cannot access the T-Mobile BlackBerry download page can i just use the update that BlackBerry Device Software is providing me with?

So is installing the OS directly from BlackBerry Device Software OK? And how do I reactivate my BlackBerry after?

~Thanks.
    06-13-13 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD