okay, sometimes the missing icon is theme based - ive had both, just make a new folder and name it media, it wont be as perfect as the actual icon (u can explore, etc) but it will work. try another theme too.

in 5.0, what used to be the media icon that u opened, is now a folder that does basically the same thing, without the blue background, it also lets u put more app in there and lets you re-order the icons.
    Last edited by chelseytx; 12-10-09 at 10:22 AM.
    12-10-09 09:37 AM
    okay, sometimes the missing icon is theme based - ive had both, just make a new folder and name it media, it wont be as perfect as the actual icon (u can explore, etc) but it will work. try another theme too.

in 5.0, what used to be the media icon that u opened, is now a folder that does basically the same thing, without the blue background, it also lets u put more app in there and lets you re-order the icons.
    What theme are you using (or used) that had the media icon?

Also, how can I explore without the icon? I do have a few hidden files.
    12-10-09 12:16 PM
    Wow. The media Icon stays on my home screen all the time with my theme. When I installed v7.11 it is still there. IDK. I guess I go lucky.
    What OS did you upgrade to? 4.7.110 or something like that?

I just went to 5.0.230 so they might have changed more
    12-10-09 12:19 PM
    um, i actually dont know what the,e has and doesnt have it, i was running the orange cb theme and that didnt have one, but all my others did, and now i just reinstalled my OS and do have one on the stock vzw theme.

i use filescout to do much of anything these days, but the file-looker-upper that came with 5.0 should work. i also use d2g 2.0 premium for that stuff.
    12-10-09 12:20 PM
    but i just check hte rim stock theme and it has an icon. go figure.
    12-10-09 12:25 PM
    huh i wonder if mine just messed up somehow...

If i want to try and load it again, should I just load it, or do i have to downgrade to my previous OS then try 5.0.230 again?

EDIT: I was having a problem with the green status bar as said here http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/os-...l-help-381644/ in post 6. I wonder if it just didnt finish loading everything and froze?
    12-10-09 01:13 PM
    i was having problems with myne. so i wiped with bbsak and then reloaded.. so thats what i would do.
    12-10-09 01:36 PM
    huh i wonder if mine just messed up somehow...

If i want to try and load it again, should I just load it, or do i have to downgrade to my previous OS then try 5.0.230 again?

EDIT: I was having a problem with the green status bar as said here http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/os-...l-help-381644/ in post 6. I wonder if it just didnt finish loading everything and froze?
    no, the status bar thing has something to do with it, i have no clue what happened. but it sometimes takes awhile.... usually up to 45 minutes for me.
    12-10-09 01:39 PM
    I just went to 5.0 last night... LOVE the threaded SMS.

BUT
    The only thing thats bugging me is I have no "mulitmedia" icon where when you open it, it brings up your pics, vids, ringtones, and voice recordings. Under applications there is an icon for EACH pic, vid, ringtone ect... but i like all of them under one icon that I used to have on my homescreen.

So did mine get messed up or did they remove that icon for 5.0?
    you should be able to create a new folder and your media icon should be a choice for the folder display. the newer os's just have a folder with a play button in it. that may be your new media icon.
    12-10-09 02:23 PM
    ^ Nope no play button.. they all have thier own icons now in my downloads folder
    i was having problems with myne. so i wiped with bbsak and then reloaded.. so thats what i would do.
    im not familiar with bbsak? Any links on it?
    12-10-09 03:31 PM
    12-10-09 03:32 PM
    Thanks

So I would install that program

1) backup everythign on my phone
    2) hit the "wipe device button"
    3)then "load OS"

that simple or am i missing steps?
    12-10-09 03:48 PM
    well, i would do a 3rd party back up as well, but basically yes, u can also load the os with bbsak
    12-10-09 03:55 PM
    well, i would do a 3rd party back up as well, but basically yes, u can also load the os with bbsak
    Ok i just might give it a shot lol. Dont have time now tho

So after all apps and files are backed up, I wipe the OS, then load OS and it will load the 5.0.230? Or do I have to pick what one to load or load the 5.0 into BBsak?
    12-10-09 04:12 PM
    that i dont know - i only had the 1 installed at the time.
    12-10-09 04:13 PM
    ^ Nope no play button.. they all have thier own icons now in my downloads folder

im not familiar with bbsak? Any links on it?
    did you try and create a folder and look for the folder with the play button? then you can just name it media and move them all into it. i had to do it with a few themes i was using.
    12-10-09 09:55 PM
    nope havnt tried just making one.

By the sound of everything it seems like there was a glitch when loading the OS and possibly might have gotten left out. Im going to try to reload 5.0 tomorrow after I get home
    12-11-09 02:10 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD