Let me start off by saying I love my blackberry but every time I try to update the OS with the Desktop Software a chain of unfortunate events occurs:

1. I end up getting a nuked BB (error 200/error 507)
    2. I have to wipe the device
    3. Download new OS and run apploader.exe (remember to delete the vendor.xml file!)
    4. Installed new OS and then comes the real problem; getting the desktop software to recognise my device so I can do a restore!!

I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled it and it just doesn't connect. The DM gets stuck on connecting. My computer reads the BB just fine and vice versa so it is just the software.

How can I restore my backup? The phone is useless to me without it.

Possible solutions:

1. Revert to previous BB OS - I think I was running version 5 - can't remember.
    2. Deal with it.
    3. Find a roundabout way to backup BB without DM.

I'm running Win7, have a BB Curve 9300 3G with OS6.

If anyone can help - I will create a blog in your honour with a million thank yous ")
    05-26-12 06:16 AM
    A couple of thinge to try. First reboot both phone and computer. Also be sure your DM is the latest version available.
    05-26-12 08:42 AM
    Thanks Sedalia, I did try that yesterday.
    I am running the latest DM as I downloaded it when I uninstalled it and reinstalled to see if that would fix the problem.

Any other ideas? Would it work if I took the battery out?
    05-26-12 03:27 PM
    Battery pull is always a good step.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    drwho2383 likes this.
    05-26-12 05:38 PM
    And the battery pull saves the day! After 3 goes I finally got the MD to connect to it and restore. Another key thing was to turn of the autoplay when first plugging in the phone via usb.

Thank sedalia.
    05-26-12 06:42 PM
    Whew! You are very welcome. Glad all worked out for you. One great piece of BB world is being able to solve most problems without a repair shop.
    05-26-12 06:47 PM
    Seriously Sed, it saved me! Although I'll have to get used to this new OS, I really did like 5, it saved the day to have my calendar restored which is the best part of the BB in my opinion.

I should download tapatalk - that's another thing I am going to do.

I'll get on to that blog now.

05-26-12 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD