I'm curious, what you mean by "super snappy phone response"? [how you were able to feel that .342 is "snappier" than .284, I highly doubt this claim]
    U r entitled to ur own ideas ... ... good luck !!

mine flies ...

Can you please buck-up your claims regarding battery life with analyzer graph? [I didn't noticed any difference since .284]
    All depends how U use ur phn, what apps are running, backlight levels, 2G or 3G & so on ...

For me, I have only BBM while Weather updates @ every 1/2 hr. My FB doesn't give me any notifications nor does it refreshes by itself at any intervals. Its a dead activity Apps unless you open it. And similarly for GTalk. No social apps, nothing!

Analyzer graphs can be shared after 5th day of OS install. Its pointless to look at charts until a complete 3 to 4 cycles (full-charge to full-discharge & back to full-charge) of the battery are carried out for the graphs to make some genuine meaning.

However - on the whole, batt life is seen to have improved with longer period of full-charge to full-discharge times so far.
    Last edited by audio_engr; 03-22-12 at 06:34 PM.
    03-22-12 06:14 PM
    U r entitled to ur own ideas ... ... good luck !!

mine flies ...

All depends how U use ur phn, what apps are running, backlight levels, 2G or 3G & so on ...

For me, I have only BBM while Weather updates @ every 1/2 hr. My FB doesn't give me any notifications nor does it refreshes by itself at any intervals. Its a dead activity Apps unless you open it. And similarly for GTalk. No social apps, nothing!

I tried every single leak since 7.0.590, and wasn't able to tell which is "snappier". (For me telling that .xxx leak is "snappier" than .yyy is crazy talk.)

What I can say for sure is that both .205 and .284 are better then .342.

The only leaked OS I had problems (signal strength) is with .384.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by estro22; 03-22-12 at 06:42 PM.
    03-22-12 06:33 PM
    IT WORKED!!!! Thanks!

So basically what I did was instead of using the No Base, i used the .267 based because I didn't have a folder for .284. So I basically did what I did earlier but instead of letting the .exe file create it's own .284 folder (because I didn't have one) I used the .267 file folder that I did have and instead of using DM I used the Launch Loader form BBH Tool and it worked like a charm!

Now I have NFC and .342!

Thanks for everyone's help!
    Anytime!
    03-22-12 07:08 PM
    I tried every single leak since 7.0.590, and wasn't able to tell which is "snappier". (For me telling that .xxx leak is "snappier" than .yyy is crazy talk.)
    Everybody's a cynic
    03-22-12 07:10 PM
    I've lost the ability to sign into my hotspot. I have installed 7.1.0.74 just to rip the hotspot .cod but it still isn't allowing login, Any suggestions??
    03-22-12 11:23 PM
    I've lost the ability to sign into my hotspot. I have installed 7.1.0.74 just to rip the hotspot .cod but it still isn't allowing login, Any suggestions??
    Can't circumvent ATT or T-Mobile's restrictions.
    03-22-12 11:26 PM
    Upgrade to TMO's 5gig unlimited plan and you'll get hotspot FREE! or tether to your laptop via Blackberry Desktop Software...also for FREE!! (if you are on an unlimited plan)
    03-23-12 12:03 AM
    after the update I cant connect to my mobile network
    03-23-12 01:16 AM

What I can say for sure is that both .205 and .284 are better then .342.

The only leaked OS I had problems (signal strength) is with .384.

why do you say .205 is better than this one? only because of signal strength or u have other reasons? i came from .205 and out all the leaks it was my fave until this one. but am curious why u like .205 over this one
    03-23-12 02:02 AM
    What am I doing wrong here. I just got my 9900.

Run 9900-7.1.0.342.exe
    Choose no base
    installation folder: ...Files\9900AllLang_v7.1.0.342_P5.1.0.276

Choose Shring-A-Os (Checked the programs I don't want)
    Click Shrink my os
    "Your OS has been shunk. Launch.... warning come out.
    Opened Blackberry Desktop Software
    Device connected
    Device -> Update
    "There are no updated available"???

I choose Install-A-Hybrid
    Successfully connected to your Device: XXXXXXX
    Under Hybrid Info & Files to be installed are all empty :S
    Click Install Hybrid.
    Nothing happens...

What am I doing wrong??
    03-23-12 02:11 AM
    Think I'm just going to wait for an official build or one that has more benefits. Maybe the next leak will have a real installer
    Enjoy whatever you get today.
    Dont spoil today waiting for tomorrow.
    03-23-12 03:16 AM
    What am I doing wrong??
    1) You're not installing a hybrid OS, so forget about that function.

2) Use Loader.exe instead of Desktop Manager to install...
    C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader/Loader.exe
    03-23-12 03:25 AM
    why do you say .205 is better than this one? only because of signal strength or u have other reasons? i came from .205 and out all the leaks it was my fave until this one. but am curious why u like .205 over this one

I'm now using .284 and it is perfect, I installed .342 out of curiosity but unfortunately had signal strength issues (never had this problem on previous leaks).

In my opinion there is nothing to choose between .205 and .284, both are very good and solid.

Last edited by estro22; 03-23-12 at 05:09 AM.
    03-23-12 05:06 AM
    What am I doing wrong here.
    Press 'delete vendor files'
    If u have selected no base, u may use DM. It detects new upgrades.

Cheers!!!
    03-23-12 07:28 AM
    All,
    Don't get confused with base and no base.

Its pretty simple.
    Select No Base during installation
    Shink OS (if u wanaa)
    Press delete vendor files...
    (If u have used DM in the past)
    Exit from BBH Tools.
    Launch Desktop Manager..
    It detects the upgrades..
    GO!!!
    03-23-12 07:32 AM
    03-23-12 08:48 AM
    Press 'delete vendor files'
    If u have selected no base, u may use DM. It detects new upgrades.

Cheers!!!
    There are no vendor files when the OS is shrunk using BBH Tools, as they are all automatically deleted.

DM didn't work for the OP, and it only detects new upgrades for some, sometimes. Loader.exe is far simpler and works.
    03-23-12 12:39 PM
    So, I spent the better part of a couple hours trying to get .384 to load with no luck. Third time was the charm using the loader.
    03-23-12 02:09 PM
    So far after 20 + hours my battery life has improved while using wifi calling, bluetooth and GPS (miaddias app).

My phone hasn't locked up which was a constant issue for me with the previous leak i was using (.286 or .267 dont recall).

Very happy.. Hopefully it continues.

My current drain is 2.79 % per hour according to the blackberry analyzer. Power savings is on after 20% and i always keep my brightness at 10%
    03-23-12 02:45 PM
    Ok well back to the drawing board for me. I will work on tweaking a couple settings and see what battery life does. I updated and reconnected everything as it was before and my battery life has dropped drastically... I am down about 20% given the hours I normally get out of a battery.

PG
    03-23-12 10:49 PM
    .342 is comming along swimmingly!
    03-23-12 11:34 PM
    There are no vendor files when the OS is shrunk using BBH Tools, as they are all automatically deleted.

DM didn't work for the OP, and it only detects new upgrades for some, sometimes. Loader.exe is far simpler and works.

Hi Phil,

I opted for 'No Base', and Shrunk.
    Exited BBH Tool. Opened DM...
    It recognized the new upgrade.
    Installed.
    See the below images. Is it ok? or
    Shall i reinstall?

Attachment 106114
    03-24-12 01:02 AM
    Hi Phil,

Installed.

Shall i reinstall?

Attachment 106114

Why want to reinstall? It already perfect.

captus likes this.
    03-24-12 01:22 AM
    Hi Phil,

Installed.
    Shall i reinstall?

Attachment 106114
    i dont know what im doing wrong... DM doesnt recognize the update
    03-24-12 02:58 AM
    i dont know what im doing wrong... DM doesnt recognize the update
    Go for 'No Base' installation.
    After selecting 'I agree with the....', the next window will ask to select folder for installation.

If its
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9900AllLang_v7.1.0.284_P5.1.0.230

then change to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9900AllLang_v7.1.0.342_P5.1.0.276

In my case, BBH Tool was not detecting the port, hence I opted for DM.
    (looked for vendor.xml files at both the places but it was not there)
    DM recognized it.
    03-24-12 06:26 AM
315 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD