Hi Guys,

I've noticed on this build that wifi automatically turns on after a reboot or batt pull.
    Is there a way for me to disable it?
    03-21-12 10:45 PM
    Hi Guys,

I've noticed on this build that wifi automatically turns on after a reboot or batt pull.
    Doesn't for me... must be an app you've installed that's triggering it.
    03-21-12 11:03 PM
    Hi Guys,

Do you have a wifi manager installed?
    03-21-12 11:40 PM
    Whats new in this build over .284?
    03-22-12 02:01 AM
    Doesn't for me... must be an app you've installed that's triggering it.
    I think I did a clean install because I selected No Base.
    I did try 3 batt pulls and soft resets but its still the same.
    03-22-12 02:03 AM
    Do you have a wifi manager installed?
    I dont have a wifi manager. This just started after updating to the new os.
    03-22-12 02:04 AM
    Whats new in this build over .284?
    Just the usual bug fixes.
    captus likes this.
    03-22-12 02:46 AM
    update: after two battery pulls, reinstalled and it works fine now.

best os to date
    installed .342, install went smoothly and os seems nice and snappy (although i have said this about every new os thus far lol)

however, facebook v3 beta does not work correctly. my feed would not update. i receive an error message about the facebook server. tried a few reboots and deleted and reinstalled the app to no avail.

downgraded to facebook v2 and it works correctly. twitter v3 continues to work fine.
    for me both facebooks no longer work. and i'm on .205. yesterday morn the feeds just stopped updating. twitter v3 still works though i use ubertwitter cause of inner circle
    03-22-12 03:20 AM
    Think I'm just going to wait for an official build or one that has more benefits. Maybe the next leak will have a real installer
    03-22-12 03:30 AM
    Think I'm just going to wait for an official build or one that has more benefits. Maybe the next leak will have a real installer
    More benefits? Never gonna happen... enjoy your wait while we're enjoying this one
    Legal Eagle and BoldAlways like this.
    03-22-12 04:00 AM
    Hi,

I managed to install this OS yesterday night. Battery life did improve a lot!
    From this morning at 6:30 to now (14:15), battery level went down from 100% to 90%.
    Mainly idling, a few mails, 5 minutes internet. This is almost 8 hours and it has used up only 10%. With the older OS (.284), it was around 2% per hour or more when being idle...

See(k) you...
    Simon Sage and estro22 like this.
    03-22-12 08:20 AM
    Doesn't allow you to switch from edge to 4G on at&t if anyone was wondering
    Mine jumps between EDGE and 4G just fine here in AT&T Maine on .342
    03-22-12 08:29 AM
    bogus no hotspot on att with this build pretty bummed
    Download went well! However after a day with this build the battery life sucks so far! Also I lost my hotspot, dang you ATT!
    This has nothing to do with at&t because we received .342 for testing the day before the leak and hotspot works fine.

Doesn't allow you to switch from edge to 4G on at&t if anyone was wondering
    So this "feature" is gone forever folks. You won't see it on any att devices going forward. The main reason is that because of spectrum limitations we're having to remove or drastically reduce GSM radios so that we can use that spectrum for the HSPA+ network. In some areas of the country we're removing GSM entirely.

PG
    03-22-12 08:50 AM
    Mine jumps between EDGE and 4G just fine here in AT&T Maine on .342
    Mine does that as well. What I was referring to was the ability to select from EDGE or 3G/4G manually.

However I've noticed with this build it switches networks faster than previous builds once it notices a low 3G/4G signal.
    03-22-12 10:24 AM
    update: Almost 2 full days after install of .342

Few good things abt this build :

- a vast improvement in batt life
    - super snappy phone response
    - no memory leaks noticed

Of all the other builds that I've had on 9900, this one looks the "Tops" for now ...

Hence - highly recommended !!
    Last edited by audio_engr; 03-22-12 at 11:27 AM.
    03-22-12 11:25 AM

Of all the other builds that I've had on 9900, this one looks the "Tops" for now ...

24 hours in and I'm with you on two out of three.

Not yet noticed the battery improvement you have had. Doing about the same as I got with .267 and .284

In fact not really noticed any improvement in battery since .205 landed.

See what another day and some more battery pulls produces.
    BoldAlways likes this.
    03-22-12 11:35 AM
    Here is how I got it to work.............

I had .267 installed on my PC ( windows 7).
    Download the leak (.342)
    once downloaded, run it and it will ask you to select your device (I was runnig .267 so selected it)
    .342 then installs over your current OS install on your PC ( I never used any BBH tools to install the OS by the way)
    What can get confusing is that it does not change the name of your current OS installed on your PC, but it has been updated. Desktop Manager won't recognize it as a new OS either.
    Next, open DM and hook your phone up to your PC.
    Under Device, select Update. It will say that no updates are available. Select view other versions and install what looks like your current OS.
    Once installed, you will have .342 on your phone, and it has been working great so far.

Regards

I did the exact same thing and I'm still running .284?

I downloaded the .exe file, open it, ran it, it made its own .342 file, ran BBH Tool, shrank my os, opened DM, I didn't receive an "New Update OS" so I updated again to .284 and when it finished...nothing new.

No NFC no .342?

What did I do wrong? I downloaded it both ways, With no Base at first then with .284 Base.
    Last edited by deuce2290; 03-22-12 at 01:42 PM.
    03-22-12 01:36 PM

I'm curious, what you mean by "super snappy phone response"? [how you were able to feel that .342 is "snappier" than .284, I highly doubt this claim]
    Can you please buck-up your claims regarding battery life with analyzer graph? [I didn't noticed any difference since .284]
    03-22-12 01:53 PM
    I did the exact same thing and I'm still running .284?

I downloaded the .exe file, open it, ran it, it made its own .342 file, ran BBH Tool, shrank my os, opened DM, I didn't receive an "New Update OS" so I updated again to .284 and when it finished...nothing new.

No NFC no .342?

What did I do wrong? I downloaded it both ways, With no Base at first then with .284 Base.
    His/her instructions are perfect. Give it another go. From what I can tell, you made the mistake of making its own .342 file. You need to ensure it installs over the previous .284 folder. So when you run the .exe and it asks you which folder, it should automatically state xxx.284 within the box.. Leave it as that and don't change it to xxx.342.

p.s. I found it less complicated using the .267/.284 base method. So I installed the .2xx on my computer first then .342 over it.
    p.p.s. I ran Loader.exe from Common files>RIM>AppLoader folder instead of going to DM to install the os on my phone. It allows you to select what you want installed on your phone too, thereby eliminating the need to "shrink the os"
    03-22-12 02:02 PM
    Ok, so best way to install it is??????????? Its great some people have managed to get this working so well. But to say that and not follow up with "I USED METHOD ____" doesn't help much.

Base or no Base?
    Last edited by olblueyez; 03-22-12 at 02:09 PM.
    03-22-12 02:07 PM
    No base is easier, I suppose. No confusion.

I used the NO BASE method. so when you connect to Desktop Software, it will realize that there is a 7.1 update with bundle 999. Then, all you do is hit update and it is a breeze from there.
    03-22-12 02:29 PM
    No base is easier, I suppose. No confusion.

I used the NO BASE method. so when you connect to Desktop Software, it will realize that there is a 7.1 update with bundle 999. Then, all you do is hit update and it is a breeze from there.
    This is what I did and it was super simple. I'm sure I didn't need to but I ran the DEL-VENDOR_XML Bat file after the initial installation but before loading desktop manager. My screen was locked after the update so I did 1 battery pull and it seems perfect since then. It did a nice job of bringing everything across including my SMS history which has sometimes been lost during updates.

I'm somewhat excited to see how this fares over time; I did have a few small hiccups with my last 7.1 install so I'm optimistic that this will improve things
    03-22-12 02:47 PM
    His/her instructions are perfect. Give it another go. From what I can tell, you made the mistake of making its own .342 file. You need to ensure it installs over the previous .284 folder. So when you run the .exe and it asks you which folder, it should automatically state xxx.284 within the box.. Leave it as that and don't change it to xxx.342.

p.s. I found it less complicated using the .267/.284 base method. So I installed the .2xx on my computer first then .342 over it.
    p.p.s. I ran Loader.exe from Common files>RIM>AppLoader folder instead of going to DM to install the OS on my phone. It allows you to select what you want installed on your phone too, thereby eliminating the need to "shrink the os"
    IT WORKED!!!! Thanks!

So basically what I did was instead of using the No Base, i used the .267 based because I didn't have a folder for .284. So I basically did what I did earlier but instead of letting the .exe file create it's own .284 folder (because I didn't have one) I used the .267 file folder that I did have and instead of using DM I used the Launch Loader form BBH Tool and it worked like a charm!

Now I have NFC and .342!

Thanks for everyone's help!
    03-22-12 02:49 PM
    Incoming phone calls now that are NOT in the address book, are coming in properly formatted - and with a larger font as well, from what I can see. Nice improvement!
    03-22-12 03:47 PM
    (...)
    However I've noticed with this build it switches networks faster than previous builds once it notices a low 3G/4G signal.
    If the above is true for 2G, this would explain why my battery level went down by 6% per hour when driving through town for two hours this afternoon (lots of cars, people, smartphones?), lots of switching between cells, competing for data transfer slots?

See(k) you...
    03-22-12 04:09 PM
315 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD