I'm experiencing a weird wallpaper bug. I tried to change my wallpaper to one of the default ones included. After opening the image and selecting "set as wallpaper" it brings me back to the Home Screen preferences page and shows a small thumbnail of the wallpaper. The thumbnail only displays the top left corner of the image ( roughly 80% of the original image). Upon closing the preferences page the wall paper also only shows about 80% of the image. I tried using a downloaded background (640x480) and it did the same thing.

Now here is the weird part... I decided to make one of my camera photos my background and it worked just fine. displayed 100% of the photo.

I also tried putting the wallpaper back to the stock one (the red weave) and it too 80%. After performing a "reset wallpaper" it went back to normal.

Please try changing the wallpaper for yourself.
    changed my wallpaper, no issues
    03-21-12 12:58 AM
    so this is 267 with no att hotspot? moving on...
    03-21-12 01:18 AM
    installed .342, install went smoothly and os seems nice and snappy (although i have said this about every new os thus far lol)

however, facebook v3 beta does not work correctly. my feed would not update. i receive an error message about the facebook server. tried a few reboots and deleted and reinstalled the app to no avail.

downgraded to facebook v2 and it works correctly. twitter v3 continues to work fine.

Have none issue with FB.. Using v3.0.0.9 and work perfectly. Also twitter work as always.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-21-12 02:04 AM
    so this is 267 with no att hotspot? moving on...

This .342 and with use .sfi from 342. So there are no .267 nor 284 here. Correct me if I'm wrong.

03-21-12 02:05 AM
    Loading up now, from a clean state. (Loader /nojvm) I iz impressed and patiently waiting.
    03-21-12 02:14 AM
    The Mobile Hotspot Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID) naming seems to be fixed now. No more random generating of the name

- Charles
    Last edited by chaddeus; 03-21-12 at 03:19 AM.
    prebetsabu likes this.
    03-21-12 03:16 AM
    nope, it's a clean install if you choose install with NO BASE (at the bottom)
    ah, ic.. alrite then, but i think i'd better wait for few more reviews on how this OS generally behaves. thanks btw!
    03-21-12 03:45 AM
    I'm experiencing a weird wallpaper bug. I tried to change my wallpaper to one of the default ones included. After opening the image and selecting "set as wallpaper" it brings me back to the Home Screen preferences page and shows a small thumbnail of the wallpaper. The thumbnail only displays the top left corner of the image ( roughly 80% of the original image). Upon closing the preferences page the wall paper also only shows about 80% of the image. I tried using a downloaded background (640x480) and it did the same thing.

Now here is the weird part... I decided to make one of my camera photos my background and it worked just fine. displayed 100% of the photo.

I also tried putting the wallpaper back to the stock one (the red weave) and it too 80%. After performing a "reset wallpaper" it went back to normal.

Please try changing the wallpaper for yourself.
    yeah, since using the 7.1 OS i've been experiencing this bug too. all you need to do, if you wanna change your wallpaper, go to the pictures app, select your desired picture from that, it will mostly work as normal.
    03-21-12 03:48 AM
    Confirmed on t-mobile USA that NFC is finally available. Also confirmed that the mobile hotspot no longer gets its SSID reset on bootup nor on receipt of service books (but sending service books does still turn off mobile hotspot).

So far (6 hours after install) haven't found anything wrong with my apps.
    Simon Sage likes this.
    03-21-12 04:38 AM
    This .342 and with use .sfi from 342. So there are no .267 nor 284 here. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Indeed, this is a .342

The .267 or .284 were used as a medium to load the .342 but have no / zero elements of them in this OS.
    03-21-12 04:39 AM
    I loaded this .342 at its early leak stages when solutions to correct installations were being worked out - so it was quite a cumbersome turnaround of events .. haha!

Shrunk the OS to 78MB, loaded & its very, very snappy. Fast boot, while Batt life (so far) appears to be looking good.

ALL apps working flawlessly ...

Once again - sincere thanks & a Thumbs-up to rroyy & lyr for their unconditional support & efforts to give us the scope of using leaks well ahead of its time ...
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    03-21-12 04:50 AM
    Confirmed on t-mobile USA that NFC is finally available. Also confirmed that the mobile hotspot no longer gets its SSID reset on bootup nor on receipt of service books (but sending service books does still turn off mobile hotspot).

So far (6 hours after install) haven't found anything wrong with my apps.
    Don't see the NFC option on my bold, how did you get this available on yours?
    03-21-12 06:01 AM
    How do you shrink the os?
    03-21-12 06:06 AM
    How do you shrink the os?
    Using BBH Tools
    03-21-12 06:20 AM
    (...)
    Shrunk the OS to 78MB, loaded & its very, very snappy. Fast boot, while Batt life (so far) appears to be looking good.(...)
    What did you shrink out to get such small size OS, if I might ask??
    03-21-12 06:38 AM
    Sorry guys for maybe a stupid question. When you say "xxx base" you mean on PC or on the phone? I installed every single update (leak or official) for years, tens of times but this time I cannot understand the procedure. I never used BBH tools, always used loader or Desktop Manager. I ran the posted file on my PC and seen all the screens (pictures) showed here but I still don't see and INSTALL. I even uninstalled the previous OS from my PC without any luck. Makes me feel stupid...
    03-21-12 06:52 AM
    Sorry guys for maybe a stupid question. When you say "xxx base" you mean on PC or on the phone? I installed every single update (leak or official) for years, tens of times but this time I cannot understand the procedure. I never used BBH tools, always used loader or Desktop Manager. I ran the posted file on my PC and seen all the screens (pictures) showed here but I still don't see and INSTALL. I even uninstalled the previous OS from my PC without any luck. Makes me feel stupid...
    It means installed on your computer. Because of the way this leak came out (ie: not a full installer) you need to treat it almost like a hybrid. You can install it to an existing OS base as outlined by lyricidal, or you can remove all OS's and install it on it's own (the no BASE option).

The only drawback of installing with no BASE is, from what I observed, DM won't pick up the new OS, so you'll need to use loader.exe or BBH Tools provided by lyricidal to get it on your phone.
    captus, mssca, elusivest and 1 others like this.
    03-21-12 07:21 AM
    mods should put this in the first post to prevent everyone from asking the same question over and over again

9900 - 7.1.0.342 (Home Made Installer) - Downloads - BBH-Plus Forums

Install at your own risk. I've done my best to make this as simple as possible.

Instructions: (Select ONE method)

Method 1 - no base:
    NOTE FOR THIS METHOD: DUH ON MY PART, RENAME FOLDER FROM 9360M_v7.0.0.530_P8.0.0.499 to 9900AllLang_v7.1.0.342_P5.1.0.276, upload already fixed
    This WILL NOT and I STRESS WILL NOT affect the OS install, just will look like you're installing a 9360 folder
    1. Install OS to PC
    1a. Shrink your OS if you want
    2. Install to phone
    3a. For best results, do 2-3 battery pulls and allow 24-48 hour "settling" time

Method 2 - .284 base:
    1. Install OS 7.1.0.284 to PC
    2. Install this OS over the OS folder above
    2a. Shrink your OS if you want
    3. Install to phone

Method 3 - .267 base:
    1. Install OS 7.1.0.267 to PC
    2. Install this OS over the OS folder above
    2a. Shrink your OS if you want
    3. Install to phone
    lyricidal likes this.
    03-21-12 07:39 AM
    What did you shrink out to get such small size OS, if I might ask??

everything under Applications except
    - Docs2go (PDF, Sheet, Slideshow, Word), event log viewer, Memo pad, Password keeper/wizard, Setup wizard & voice notes recorder

everything under Fonts except
    - Latin

everything under Games

everything under IM/Social Apps except
    - BB Messenger, Facebook & Gtalk

everything under Languages except
    - English UK

everything under Additional Language Terms

everything under Media except
    - Ringtones

everything under BlackBerry except
    - AppWorld, Device Analyzer, Plans & Protect

Thus - the overall OS is now light at 78 MB and load was quick. BB also feels very quick. Yet, essential basic stuff are all there.

You can give or take a few stuff here & there to customize to your needs but if you can manage to keep it under 100 MB, its great.
    Last edited by audio_engr; 03-21-12 at 08:02 AM.
    PiotrJot, captus, seagull and 1 others like this.
    03-21-12 07:58 AM
    If you downloaded the installer AFTER 6:30 PM EST march 20/12 , the installer is fixed, so you DO NOT need any OS base to install this leak .342. Just run the installer, then TICK 9900-7.1.0.342 (NO BASE) and follow the instructions....enjoy
    Not really. Neither App loader nor DM pick up the install even after deleting the two vendor files. The last time I had this problem I had to downgrade DM to version 5 or something before it picked up the new installation... not too worried about it this time. Seems like the only new feature is NFC on T-Mobile but we can't do anything with it anyway...
    03-21-12 08:03 AM
    I can't get it work. I cleanned two computers (win 7 and win xp) of previous OS to use NO BASE option and avoid any conflicts. Ran BBH Tool but i cannot find anywhere an install option. I don't want to shrink, create jad, OTA Download, Build a hybrid, phone tools, playbook or others. The only tab close to an "install" is Install-A-Hybrid, it connects to my phone (on top the path is to the new .342 created folder) but all the fields remain blank and hitting Install Hybrid does nothing. It's true, I've never used BBH Tools before but I thought I should figure out how to use it... The RIM loader also finds nothing. I must be the dumbest guy in this forum...
    03-21-12 08:07 AM
    Dont know what i did wrong.

Installed on PC and all was well.

On BB i had a null java error when trying to open the messages folder and although my messages were visible on the home screen the folder would not open. Same with SMS messages. Everything else seemed to work OK

Reinstalled and same problem. Went back to 267
    03-21-12 08:58 AM
    Any sign of Media Server?
    03-21-12 08:58 AM
    I can't get it work. I cleanned two computers (win 7 and win xp) of previous OS to use NO BASE option and avoid any conflicts. Ran BBH Tool but i cannot find anywhere an install option. I don't want to shrink, create jad, OTA Download, Build a hybrid, phone tools, playbook or others. The only tab close to an "install" is Install-A-Hybrid, it connects to my phone (on top the path is to the new .342 created folder) but all the fields remain blank and hitting Install Hybrid does nothing. It's true, I've never used BBH Tools before but I thought I should figure out how to use it... The RIM loader also finds nothing. I must be the dumbest guy in this forum...
    ^^Naw, I'm the dumbest guy on the forum, I loaned my 9900 to my brother for a test drive, now he won't put it down long enough for it to come home to me. Rat bast*rd!
    elusivest, audio_engr and Mecca EL like this.
    03-21-12 08:59 AM
    I was confused the first time I was told to install the (new Leaked .342) OS over the OS folder above (mine being .267)

Basically, once you down load the leak, run it and it will ask you what your current OS is. Select the your current OS (unless a new install) and it will install over your folder.

What may be confusing is that it does not change the name of your existing OS to the new .342 version, but it has been changed. When you install it on your phone (DM won't recognize it as a new OS either) it will be the .342 os. (new icon for battery saving mode and all).

Hope this helps

Regards
    03-21-12 09:31 AM
315 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD