03-30-12 10:30 AM
652 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    ive looked everywhere for my apps cant find them where whats everyone elses apps located
    12-24-08 07:56 AM
    I know this may sound like a stupid question, but I haven't seen it answered definitively one way or the other, so here goes:

When you use the "Device Switch" function in DM to back up your third-party apps, does it delete those apps from your BB or does it just make a copy and leave the apps on your BB intact?
    12-24-08 02:49 PM
    I feel like a ****, i still cant find the folder with the name of my PIN
    Ive looked everywhere.
    Did it a hundred times

Anyone know where to find this bad boy?

Im running XP SP2
    12-27-08 01:56 PM
    Do you need to back these up if you are just upgrading and not wiping
    12-27-08 10:07 PM
    What the heck is this? I'm guessing this does not apply to DM 4.7 because the directions are, well, not accurate for what DM wants.
    12-28-08 08:00 PM
    What the heck is this? I'm guessing this does not apply to DM 4.7 because the directions are, well, not accurate for what DM wants.
    These appear to have been made possibly for DM 4.5. Would be nice to get this updated for the latest version of DM.

In addition I'd like to find out additional information on how to restore only select parts of my BB (Storm). I bought one for my wife as well as myself and while I don't mind losing some data she will be quite upset if she loses her email and sms. I want to update her Storm to .85 however want to wipe it first and don't care about having to manually reload the apps.

On mine I did a backup prior to the wipe then once the upgrade was completed I used the Advanced option in the Backup and Restore section, loaded the prior backup and restored individual items (Messages, SMS Messages, Browser Bookmarks, etc). Not sure if this is the correct process however it seemed to work.

Anyone else have experience in restoring select areas of their BB?
    12-28-08 10:05 PM
    Does this backup include everything from the BB memory? is it considered a full backup or you still need a regular backup to capture the device settings and messages?
    I see a file with the PIN number within the backup, is this the device data?

thanks
    12-29-08 03:05 PM
    Thanks, this post is really helpful for a newbie like me..
    12-29-08 09:32 PM
    I definitely would try to get this done. I once wiped my HH without doing this and lost all 3rd party app. It was a nuisance. Sure I can get it back - but it would take time as some are purchased and some I don't remembered where to get it from.

Fuh.
    12-29-08 10:08 PM
    ***First post has been updated for DM 4.7***
    12-29-08 10:19 PM
    I tried this the other day and COULD NOT find the dang file! I am using Vista if that makes a difference...
    12-29-08 10:35 PM
    I tried this the other day and COULD NOT find the dang file! I am using Vista if that makes a difference...
    Check out post #225.
    12-29-08 11:00 PM
    Good stuff... I may give 4.7 a shot again.

Thank you CX
    12-30-08 12:41 AM
    CX, any advantages to using DM 4.6 or 4.7? Currently using 4.5
    TIA

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 11:05 AM
    hey guys... hope this helps..

on vista

i found the directory with the apps in the following location

on the drive of your OS
    go to \Users\[profile name]\AppData\Local\Temp\[device-PIN]

viola

thanks a lot, after searching and searching you finally helped me find it.
    12-30-08 12:03 PM
    Thanks for the "how-to".
    12-30-08 03:46 PM
    Thanks Crucial Xtreme.

FYI to find the folder with my BB's PIN as the folder name, here's what I had to do in Vista:

1. Click on the Start circle
    2. Click on Help and Support
    3. Enter "Search Folder"
    4. Click on "Find a file or folder"
    5. Click on "To find a file or folder using the Search folder"
    6. Click on "Click to open Search"
    7. Click on the expand arrow next to "Advanced Search"
    8. Click on "Location" and use Local Disk C: (usually!)
    9. Enter the PIN of your BB under "Name"
    10. Make sure the box is checked next to "Include non-indexed, hidden, and system files (might be slow)"

Of course this will lead -- as other's have posted -- to C:\Users\[name]\AppData\Local\Temp but in the process we've learned how to do an advanced search in Vista!

Then you can proceed with Crucial Xtreme's procedures.

Happy '09 everybody.
    Last edited by jfksabal; 12-30-08 at 04:22 PM. Reason: more info.
    12-30-08 04:10 PM
    Found it. open it, but get this

ERROR
    no additonal applications designed for your device were found

after clicking my pin.alx

any suggestions?
    12-30-08 05:54 PM
    Thanks Crucial Xtreme.

FYI to find the folder with my BB's PIN as the folder name, here's what I had to do in Vista:

1. Click on the Start circle
    2. Click on Help and Support
    3. Enter "Search Folder"
    4. Click on "Find a file or folder"
    5. Click on "To find a file or folder using the Search folder"
    6. Click on "Click to open Search"
    7. Click on the expand arrow next to "Advanced Search"
    8. Click on "Location" and use Local Disk C: (usually!)
    9. Enter the PIN of your BB under "Name"
    10. Make sure the box is checked next to "Include non-indexed, hidden, and system files (might be slow)"

Of course this will lead -- as other's have posted -- to C:\Users\[name]\AppData\Local\Temp but in the process we've learned how to do an advanced search in Vista!

Then you can proceed with Crucial Xtreme's procedures.

Happy '09 everybody.
    you sir, ARE AWESOME!!!
    12-30-08 07:20 PM
    Oh Man, I got an annoying problem now... I've read 12 of the pages on here and didn't see any mention so I'm just going to post.. Hopefully you guys can help me out.

So I successfully upgraded my OS. I followed all the great directions and backed up everything including 3rd party apps. I found the hidden folder.. all that good stuff.

So after I upgrade I am trying to put the apps back and I thought it worked.. Until I notice a couple are missing.

First and most disturbing, the browser is gone! When I use menu to switch apps, it gives me the Icon there, but if I select it it says I have no service. I have opera installed too and that works, but I want the default IE browser also.

Next, the facebook app is gone.

Also, Yahoo and Google messengers are gone.

All of these were factory installed. My 3rd party apps are there but these are not..

What did I do wrong?

****Update****

after some searching I found out about the Host Routing Table fix for this.. I got everything back except for the facebook app...
    Last edited by undeader; 12-30-08 at 08:07 PM.
    12-30-08 07:51 PM
    i'm wanting to do this but scared to go ahead with it
    12-31-08 10:23 PM
    Thanks for the Tip.
    01-03-09 08:41 AM
    Hi, I was doing the update and following the instructions as close as possible. I got the the part of wiping the device with JL Cmder and followed his instructions. Now my BB displays "wiping" and then progress to 36percent and then starts over. What do I do now??
    01-04-09 07:06 AM
    Found it. open it, but get this

ERROR
    no additonal applications designed for your device were found

after clicking my pin.alx

any suggestions?
    I get the same thing!
    01-05-09 04:24 PM
    when come to step 7 i cant do anything about usb and pin number..... im doing everything right whats teh problem?
    01-05-09 11:04 PM
652 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD