Thanks, but now I'm wondering if this is a problem for everyone, or is it just you(lol..no disrespect), or is it maybe those apps in particular? But you said it works just fine on DM 4.2 right? ~Sighs~~
    No offense taken. (and you know that too) It could very well be an app issue, or as I said my bad BB karma,
    nevertheless don't modify your how to unless others have this issue
    too. It is good as it stands.
    07-20-08 02:46 PM
    I think the issue AG is having only occurs with specific apps. Some people still swear by using DM 4.2, because it apparently does a better job at the overall process. I am not sure if this holds true, I guess testing will only tell.

Crucial, your guide and process is perfect and not flawed... but DM does not back up some apps for some reason. You may wanna note that as a caution in the tutorial, for those who are unaware.
    07-20-08 04:07 PM
    Thanks BM. I added a little note at the bottom. I just can't for the life of me figure out why some will backup and others won't. I haven't had the problem, but if AG says it didn't backup all, it didn't. Well, maybe we can get an official 4.6 soon.(although the beta is out there
    07-20-08 04:48 PM
    Thanks BM. I added a little note at the bottom. I just can't for the life of me figure out why some will backup and others won't. I haven't had the problem, but if AG says it didn't backup all, it didn't. Well, maybe we can get an official 4.6 soon.(although the beta is out there
    haha... exactly!! I think the only way to really find apps that do not work is experimenting, unfortunately!

Most apps work, from my experience... but apparently some do not!
    07-20-08 05:01 PM
    Yep, just helped a guy who was upgrading and one of the 3rd party apps didn't load, and bricked the device. This is def the best way.
    07-23-08 08:14 PM
    Yep, just helped a guy who was upgrading and one of the 3rd party apps didn't load, and bricked the device. This is def the best way.
    Exactly why I have this method implemented in my Proper Upgrade/Downgrade Guide!! Props Crucial And all those haters will come to realize one day or another *sigh*
    07-23-08 08:43 PM
    I'm not so sure its haters, they just haven't realized the proper procedure for the cleanest install.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-08 06:59 AM
    I'm having one **** of a time finding where it saved at on my pc. Seems i've searched everywhere
    07-27-08 11:53 AM
    Make sure that you search the "hidden files". Its been my expierence that's where they are. If you have XP, do a search, with your PIN # being the file name. Also, click on advanced, and then you can select hidden files.

07-27-08 11:55 AM
    Make sure that you search the "hidden files". Its been my expierence that's where they are. If you have XP, do a search, with your PIN # being the file name. Also, click on advanced, and then you can select hidden files.

Hah! Found it, now I feel dumb. Thank you
    07-27-08 12:08 PM
    NP, that's what I'm here for! Good deal. I just had a friend who upgraded last night, and he lost all of his 3rd party apps. The DM doesn't work as good as this method. This is much more solid. Let me know if you need any more help.

07-27-08 12:11 PM
    Pm sent crucial

07-27-08 12:13 PM
    I've used this method a few times and it works great. I've discovered this one by fooling around within the last few months. Great method.

Vista users (yuck I know...I'm using business edition however) ... The data is stored here:

C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\your_blackbe rry_pin
    07-28-08 02:22 PM
    Yeah, the DM just doesn't quite do it like this method. This is much more solid.

07-28-08 02:24 PM
    i cant find the folder with my pin #. Even searched hidden files

07-28-08 02:46 PM
    i cant find the folder with my pin #. Even searched hidden files

If you followed the directions properly, the file is there. What is your computer running? XP, Vista, etc??
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 08-09-08 at 11:32 AM.
    07-28-08 03:02 PM
    XP. Ive searched hidden files also.

07-28-08 03:07 PM
    XP. Ive searched hidden files also.

Then you must have cancelled out before you made a copy of the backup folder!
    07-28-08 03:15 PM
    Did it the same way 3 times and on the 3rd time it found it!!

07-28-08 03:57 PM
    Did it the same way 3 times and on the 3rd time it found it!!

Glad you found it
    07-28-08 04:55 PM
    I've tried 3 times, and can't find the file anywhere. I've got system and hidden both checked. Even searched the hard drives separately, the desktop, and the bb itself?!?
    08-07-08 08:23 PM
    BBW,
    the file on mine is nort hidden. I put mine is a test directory.
    Try searching C: for .alx
    hope this helps!
    08-07-08 08:31 PM
    No, you need to search for the folder with you PIN number on it. The ALX file is inside the folder. Trust me it is there. Do you have XP?

08-07-08 08:53 PM
    OK - I am in the process of doing this now; however it is taking FOREVER to retrieve InHand - WTH should I do? The status bar has not moved in at least 5-8 minutes. I DO have patience, but man...

Thanks in advance, guys!
    08-07-08 08:55 PM
    OK - I am in the process of doing this now; however it is taking FOREVER to retrieve InHand - WTH should I do? The status bar has not moved in at least 5-8 minutes. I DO have patience, but man...

Thanks in advance, guys!
    STILL on the same screen - status bar HAS NOT moved. Ugh! What should I do? I have a bad feeling that hitting cancel is going to screw something up!

Is there anybody out there?!?!?!?!?
    08-07-08 09:09 PM
652 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD