Hey everyone,
    SO i just finished updating to os 5.0. Everything is running smoothly but I just noticed that my contacts are gone. Its strange some are still listed in my recent calls but not showing in my contact list, I have email address showing in my contacts that were never in my contacts, and when I try to restore them in DM I am using the advanced option to only transfer contacts and they do not show up unless they are under something other than contacts?

*Edit*
    So I believe they are called address book in teh back up, but I cannot transfer this it is faded out. Is there a transfer problem between 4.7 and 5.0?

Not really sure what to do here any help would be awesome. Thank you!
    Last edited by merx9; 01-20-10 at 01:26 AM.
    01-20-10 01:23 AM
    battery pull after OS upgrade. if there are still no contacts go to restore in desktop manager and restore the loader file than loader creates when upgrading and your contacts will be back. Try the battery pull first
    01-20-10 01:27 AM
    battery pull after OS upgrade. if there are still no contacts go to restore in desktop manager and restore the loader file than loader creates when upgrading and your contacts will be back. Try the battery pull first
    01-20-10 01:28 AM
    Neither did anything. ALl i know is that my contacts synced with my gmail account... and Also when I try and do the advanced option in restore Address book is dimmed and not selectable. I backed up twice though before updating once with DM and once with app loader so why would this happen?
    01-20-10 01:43 AM
    Try disabling the gmail synch and then try again with DM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-10 01:46 AM
    Try disabling the gmail synch and then try again with DM.

Ah yes there it goes. Perfect man thank you for the help!

Another question though while on the topic of contacts and sync, is there a way to export my contacts to my gmail account so I am able to sync in the future and not have not add all these people?
    01-20-10 01:55 AM
    Doesn't the gmail synch go 2 ways?

I don't think there is an easy way to do it. All I can think of is synching with outlook, then export your outlook contacts and import that file into gmail.

01-20-10 02:04 AM
    you can download google sync, first time to sync takes about an hour to download and sync but it will do what you want
    01-20-10 02:06 AM
    Right on man I will give that a shot. Thanks for the help to both of you guys
    01-20-10 02:07 AM
    AZBBFAN, I will do that instead thanks!
    01-20-10 02:07 AM
    whered u get the 5.0 upgrade anyway? ;T
    01-20-10 02:14 AM
    you can download google sync, first time to sync takes about an hour to download and sync but it will do what you want
    i had that exact same problem yesterday when i woke up when everything worked fine the night before and also did 3 contact restores from the DM and nothing....did finally cave in and download google sync and then my contacts finally came back along with their individual ringtone settings i created everytime i added a contact. process took less than 20 minutes for me but then again i only had 87 contacts to bring back.
    01-20-10 07:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD