Hi all, long time reader, first time poster.

On Friday the wireless update for 5.0.0.484 popped up on my home screen. "Cool" I though. Upon trying to download, the process doesn't get past "Submitting Update Request". After 2 min. or so of trying I get the error "Update request failed. Try again later or updated BlackBerry Desktop manager on your computer."

After trying a few more times over the weekend with no success I tried hook it up to desktop manager. On the desktop manager I check for updates and the only ones showing are the downgraded OS and my current (4.7.1.57).

Any ideas? Really I could care less about the update, I really just want the icon off my phone although the update would be nice.

Thanks in advance.
    02-28-10 06:59 PM
    Try this,,, go to the link and select the 9630. Then download the 5.0.0.484 to your pc. Then install it to your pc like any other program...

When its done, go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Look for and click loader.exe or loader if your not displaying file extensions. This will start the update process of installing 5.0.0.484

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BB765225CE8C0E

Be sure to back up your phone using dm and bbsak for any third party apps you wish to preserve..
    Last edited by dave3825us; 02-28-10 at 07:28 PM.
    02-28-10 07:10 PM
    Thanks for the info... So just plug my BB into my PC and use the installer?
    02-28-10 08:54 PM
    Tried installing through BBDM (latest version) as well as the loader directly. Neither works and none of the usual tricks seem to get it to kick. I'll look into it more here shortly...
    02-28-10 11:06 PM
    I would go into add and remove and remove the dm Then download it from here and reinstall it. I'm not sure how you have the latest version, and by this I mean you could have updated the dm that came with your phone. 4. something came with mine then it was updated to 5.0 then 5.1 and it was acting up so I wiped it and went with a clean install.. I have had no issues yet. I am also leery about updating things when I have the option to do a fresh install..

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...039F7898184FC5
    03-01-10 01:19 AM
    I would go into add and remove and remove the dm Then download it from here and reinstall it. I'm not sure how you have the latest version, and by this I mean you could have updated the dm that came with your phone. 4. something came with mine then it was updated to 5.0 then 5.1 and it was acting up so I wiped it and went with a clean install.. I have had no issues yet. I am also leery about updating things when I have the option to do a fresh install..

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...039F7898184FC5
    It is a fresh install. Actually it's a fresh re-ghost of the entire machine and everything else is working just fine, except for this.

I'm going to try one or two more things when I get back home today.
    03-01-10 11:43 AM
    We're Sorry...

* Sorry, the file is temporarily unavailable, please try again later or contact the webmaster.

This is what shows up when trying to download the software from Blackberry (RIM). Whats the score here?

D.
    03-01-10 12:02 PM
    We're Sorry...

* Sorry, the file is temporarily unavailable, please try again later or contact the webmaster.

This is what shows up when trying to download the software from Blackberry (RIM). Whats the score here?

D.
    I just went there 30 seconds ago and its working with no problems..What kind of internet do you have? Home, school or business?

If you still have a problem I will post a mirror in about 5 minutes, just let me know
    Last edited by dave3825us; 03-01-10 at 12:20 PM.
    03-01-10 12:07 PM
    Tried installing through BBDM (latest version) as well as the loader directly. Neither works and none of the usual tricks seem to get it to kick. I'll look into it more here shortly...
    Disconnect the internet, run Desktop Manager and see if it loads. This is what I and many others had to do...
    03-01-10 12:09 PM
    Disconnect the internet, run Desktop Manager and see if it loads. This is what I and many others had to do...
    I think thats if your trying to install a leaked OS because it checks with rim first and some times does not see the leak installed on the pc.
    Last edited by dave3825us; 03-01-10 at 12:22 PM.
    03-01-10 12:19 PM
    I just went there 30 seconds ago and its working with no problems..What kind of internet do you have? Home, school or business?

If you still have a problem I will post a mirror in about 5 minutes, just let me know
    Still not working - I am on a PC, Firefox.

Thanks

D.
    03-01-10 12:25 PM
    I have had the same problem and here is how I got around it (I have a Tour 9630):
    1. Delete all previous OS from your PC.
    2. Download an OFFICIAL OS and install it onto your PC (such as 4.7.1.40). This will create a folder called 9630-v.4.7.1.40_P4.1.0.40 which can be found in Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Shared/Loader Files.
    3. Download the LEAKED OS (such as 5.0.0.484) and install it on your PC. This will create a second folder in Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Shared/Loader Files.
    4. Now... open the OFFICIAL folder and DELETE all files but NOT the folder itself.
    5. Then... open the LEAKED folder and cut all files from that folder and paste them into the now empty OFFICIAL folder.
    6. Delete the vendor.xml file located in Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Apploader.
    7. Double click the Loader file also located in Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Apploader.
    8. Sit back, relax and let the OS load. DO NOT interrupt the process or will likely end up with a bricked phone.
    Good luck!
    Tried the above... Not happening.

I do not have a folder caledd "9630-v.4.7.1.40_P4.1.0.40 which can be found in Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Shared/Loader Files". I have downloaded the version software from Sprint and hit "run" and it seems to go through the installer and then, nothing.

Where so I go from here?

Thanks

D.
    03-01-10 01:41 PM
    Hi all, long time reader, first time poster.

On Friday the wireless update for 5.0.0.484 popped up on my home screen. "Cool" I though. Upon trying to download, the process doesn't get past "Submitting Update Request". After 2 min. or so of trying I get the error "Update request failed. Try again later or updated BlackBerry Desktop manager on your computer."

After trying a few more times over the weekend with no success I tried hook it up to desktop manager. On the desktop manager I check for updates and the only ones showing are the downgraded OS and my current (4.7.1.57).

Any ideas? Really I could care less about the update, I really just want the icon off my phone although the update would be nice.

Thanks in advance.
    I have the same issue.
    03-01-10 01:42 PM
    Nope! All suggested tips tried. Even tried on the other computer and it's the same thing (BBDM hasn't ever even been on there - fresh BBDM download & install on that one). Nothing.

Here's the famed message:

03-01-10 03:06 PM
    Tried the above... Not happening.

I do not have a folder caledd "9630-v.4.7.1.40_P4.1.0.40 which can be found in Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Shared/Loader Files". I have downloaded the version software from Sprint and hit "run" and it seems to go through the installer and then, nothing.

Where so I go from here?

Thanks

D.
    If you have nothing in this folder (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files)then the os is not loading to your pc for some reason. Are you running vista xp or win 7?

And you guys are using the thick usb cable that came with your phone, right? Not one of these cheesy thin little ones..
    Last edited by dave3825us; 03-01-10 at 05:11 PM.
    03-01-10 05:08 PM
    Same thing on my hubby's week old Tour. BB sent him the message to update and it fails every time. Been trying for two days now. Ridiculous!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-10 05:39 PM
    Yep. Original BB included cable is being used.

03-01-10 05:57 PM
    If you have nothing in this folder (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files)then the os is not loading to your pc for some reason. Are you running vista xp or win 7?
    Windows XP. Blackberry cable.

Should I put the download somewhere specifically?
    And why can't I just do this through the Desktop Manager? It says that only 4.7 is available.

Thank you...

D.
    03-01-10 06:02 PM
    I don't know if this has been mentioned: but make sure your usb port is not powering down. Maybe while the BB processes/loads/whatever, the usb port sees no activity and powers off? Can be checked in Device Manager
    03-01-10 06:46 PM
    The same thing aplies to my Sprint Tour. The DM shows I have 4.7.1.57 but offers to downgrade me to 4.7.1.40. There is no DM option to load 5.0.0.484.

Meanwhile, I have a notice on my handset that says v5.0.0.484 is available. You know the rest. It has failed each and everytime I have tried.
    03-01-10 07:15 PM
    Ok, it failed one more time after taking a little longer to think things over. Here are the fail details:

Error Code: 10011

While this is (not) going on, I am trying to update the DM from v5.0 to something a little higher (I think it was 5.01 or similar). I would'nt think this has anything to do with not being able to see the 5.0.0.484 update through DM- but crazier things have happened.
    03-01-10 07:43 PM
    I think thats if your trying to install a leaked OS because it checks with rim first and some times does not see the leak installed on the pc.
    This happened to me trying to install Sprint's official 5.0.0.484 on my Verizon Tour. DM would not recognize the upgade, as soon as I disconnected the internet connection, ran Desktop Manager again, it loaded up immediately...
    03-01-10 07:47 PM
    Ok, it failed one more time after taking a little longer to think things over. Here are the fail details:

Error Code: 10011

While this is (not) going on, I am trying to update the DM from v5.0 to something a little higher (I think it was 5.01 or similar). I would'nt think this has anything to do with not being able to see the 5.0.0.484 update through DM- but crazier things have happened.
    Getting same error code - farther down it says 'Bundle not approved.' Still can't upgrade - I give up - I don't have time for this nonsense.

03-02-10 03:32 PM
    I finally got it working. Not sure what worked, but something finally did.

Re-installed XP on the machine from scratch (not a ghost image), installed latest BBDM from scratch, installed the OS 5.0.0.484 Sprint download from scratch, used BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife if you're not familiar with it) to low-level wipe the device and then used the apploader to load the OS.

If you're going to try something like this, be careful when using things like BBSAK or JL to wipe! You should only use these things if you really know what you're doing.

That was a mega pain.
    03-03-10 07:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD