One of my contacts in Blackberry Messenger has had the "unreachable'' status for over a week. I try to send her messages and they don't go through. What could it be?? Thanks for your help
    07-16-09 09:28 PM
    sometimes the unreachable status gets stuck and neither will get eachothers messages. a battery pull may be in order for either of you. text them and let them know.
    07-16-09 10:21 PM
    Is it possible that that person blocked me or something?
    07-16-09 10:22 PM
    They may be out of a service area like on vacation, or had their phone service shut off. I had that happen when someone left the country on vacation for a week.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 10:25 PM
    you cant block someone on BBM per se. if someone deletes u off their list, they will disappear off yours too.
    07-16-09 10:44 PM
    What if the person upgrades their phone... will they still appear in the contact list?
    07-16-09 10:51 PM
    I had this happen when I stepped into an elevator. The message would not send because the contact was "unreachable." A soft reset fixed that when the status would not resolve itself. Has never happened since.

07-16-09 10:57 PM
    Two of my contacts became unreachable on the same day and haven't come back yet.

07-16-09 11:02 PM
    How does one's status become unreachable? bad service??
    07-21-09 11:02 PM
    like its been said here already. it could be due to a couple of things. they could be on the phone, out of a service area or the BBM can be locked up. i had this happen to a friend and she had to do a reboot to make it available again. send them an SMS letting them know the deal so they can fix it.
    07-21-09 11:26 PM
    I had the same problem with 2 of my contacts. A simple battery pull fixed the problem like it always does.

07-22-09 12:54 AM
    Same thing with me today and it fixed itself. I sent a message to one and she replied, the other just went away with no input from me.

Random glitch.
    07-22-09 01:27 AM
    My girlfriend had the same thing with me on BBM. Mine was due to a change of phone on insurance, therefore my phone had a different PIN. Once I messaged her via BBM it changed my back to an available contact with no re-adding or anything.
    07-22-09 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD