Hello,

I've spent a few hours digging through posts but haven't hit on an answer yet so I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

Bought a BB 9900, have a BB plan with Telus Mobility, do not have an "internet plan", I just use wi-fi. Bought an unlock code and put it in last night, the code worked but now I can no longer send/receive BBM nor can I access the internet through my home network. Both of these worked fine before I put in the unlock code. Phone calls and texting still works fine.

I've tried registering, get a successful result, doesn't work. I've tried pulling the battery out with the phone off, no change. I've tried pulling the battery out with the phone on, no change. I've tried the soft key reset, no change.

If I try to access an internet page through the browser, I get an unable to connect msg, if problem persists, call your svc provider. Using Opera mini, I get connection failed, review network settings. The top status bar shows Telus network and my home network name. I have an H+ symbol with good strength.

I wanted to unlock the phone to use a different sim card in Europe but continue using my Telus svc in Canada.

Any suggestions on how to get the rest of the functionality working?

Thanks! Todd
    06-27-12 06:16 AM
    Call Telus support and they should be able to get it working for you unless it is a phone blocked on RIM's system.
    Last edited by robsteve; 06-27-12 at 06:40 AM.
    06-27-12 06:38 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion, I'll stop into the dealer today and see what they can do. It's weird, the phone thinks it's working but it's not actually communicating anywhere. Even Bluetooth says it's connected but doesn't actually work.
    06-27-12 07:15 AM
    Problem solved. For anyone else who has this problem in the future, here's the summary.

Bought unlock code from GSMLiberty. Worked as advertised but lost BBM, wi-fi even though the phone was picking up the network and wi-fi networks. Also lost the touch function so did a battery reset.

After the battery pull, no BBM or wi-fi so re-registered with no change. Turns out the data was off. Don't know if the unlock code did it, the reset or the register but once it was reset, it works fine.
    06-27-12 02:04 PM
    Problem solved. For anyone else who has this problem in the future, here's the summary.

Bought unlock code from GSMLiberty. Worked as advertised but lost BBM, wi-fi even though the phone was picking up the network and wi-fi networks. Also lost the touch function so did a battery reset.

After the battery pull, no BBM or wi-fi so re-registered with no change. Turns out the data was off. Don't know if the unlock code did it, the reset or the register but once it was reset, it works fine.
    Where was the data off? In other words, what did you do to fix it?
    06-27-12 02:38 PM
    Manage Connections > Mobile Network Options.
    06-27-12 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD