I have a 9810, unlocked from AT&T on T-mobile which I recently installed 7.1.205 on. I have read on several forums that many people have been able to make UMA work on an unlocked 9800, however the 9800 uses UMA, the 9810 uses Wifi calling. I have also read that several users have been using Wifi calling on T-mobile with the 9810 running 7.1.190.

Is there any way to enable wifi calling on an unlocked 9810? Maybe I need to debrand it, as it still shows the AT&T startup screen on boot, even though it has a leaked ROM? Should I be running 7.1.190? Which direction should I go with this? I know it is possible, but maybe 205 doesn't have wifi calling?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
    -J
    01-26-12 11:05 PM
    UMA = WiFi calling, just renamed for OS 7.1. But the hard part is that in order for WiFi calling to work, you have to have the correct service books installed on your phone.

Note: Debranding your phone won't help do anything, except potentially leave you with a phone that is permanently bricked, so I wouldn't bother with that.
    01-27-12 03:52 PM
    so how do we do this ? i could really use this wifi calling
    04-18-12 01:40 PM
    UMA = WiFi calling, just renamed for OS 7.1. But the hard part is that in order for WiFi calling to work, you have to have the correct service books installed on your phone.

Note: Debranding your phone won't help do anything, except potentially leave you with a phone that is permanently bricked, so I wouldn't bother with that.
    That is not true. I have a T-Mobile branded 9810 and it does NOT have UMA. my old 9700 did. UMA is built in to the hardware. Most of the new OS 7 phones have software wifi calling. The biggest difference is that the software version can't hand off between wifi and the cell network.

The new curve does still have UMA though.
    06-15-12 10:49 PM
    I'm unaware of any hardware changes made specifically for T-Mo, or the other handful of carriers that allowed UMA. It's software related, and more specifically service books, that make it work. The carrier themselves has to allow calling to occur, and from my understanding, it's run through their servers.*

* any inaccuracies in the above are purely do to ignorance, and cannot be admissible in a court of law
    06-15-12 11:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD