When OS6 is available for Verizon devices, for the universal search function, will Google be an option to search the internet or will we be stuck with this Bing crap.
    08-03-10 05:14 PM
    man i hope so. i refuse to use bing for anything, loyal to google search. the search included in the browser is just so much more convenient than an app, etc. i have a feeling we're stuck with bing but we can hope. on another note, the twitter post psyching up 9650 users got me pretty hopeful we will be seeing it soon. better, only reason i upgraded from my tour..
    08-03-10 07:04 PM
    Well, if third party applications can integrate, I guess the google search application will be updated?
    08-03-10 07:37 PM
    after reading more, watching more and thinking more about OS6, it seems like such a key feature, I can help but assume Google Search will be included. However it is Verizon and they do what they want so let's hope BB finds a way to overrule the Bing contract they have. (Fingers crossed until release)
    08-04-10 04:06 PM
    Even if Google isn't included for you guys... The API to add something in universal search is rather simple... Someone will write an app to re-add Google Search.

Actually... Google Search isn't even in the simulator (nor was it on the demo unit)... "Google Local Search" on the other hand is and allows you to search POI around your currently location.

If RIM would be even smarter, they would allow adding OpenSearch enabled websites directly into universal search.
    Last edited by FineWolf; 08-04-10 at 04:16 PM.
    08-04-10 04:12 PM
    ^^^^ Very good to know, thanks.
    08-05-10 07:48 PM
    I'm sure we will be stuck with Bing. I'm not up on all the blackberry know-how but since Verizon pushed the silly Bing app to our phones, I'm sure they've canned Google.

I've got google.com set as my mobile homepage and I have the Google search app as well. I was also upset when I got my Bold and saw Google was missing
    08-05-10 09:49 PM
    i hope, i cant stand bing either, ill be a google loyalist to the end. have the google app but it seems more of a hassle than its worth to open that and have to reopen it to search again.
    08-08-10 06:47 PM
    Does anyone know if an app for this has been made yet? I was wondering today and was going to start a thread, but saw this so I figured Id bring this thread back up.
    11-08-10 07:20 PM
    chech out an app called SearchIt. Or set google as your homepage and just hit H to bring it up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-10 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD