when i click on accept i get the following error

"Unable to open file. Please try again..."

any idea whats going on? Please helppp

i tried the following

re-installing the bbm

i did not delete it i just replaced all the files.

delete whatapp . I thought that it was causing this problem.

I rebooted did everything i could but this error is annoying i cant get any voice noes.
    09-12-10 09:53 PM
    running 5.0.0.442 and the latest bbm i think 5.0.32 thats the one i guess
    09-12-10 10:14 PM

Thnx, �Tripster�

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-10 10:23 PM
    So upgrade your OS to the one I posted above, you will get much faster performance, better signal quality, and that bug will be fixed
    Have you helped someone else with the same problem?
    Just curious.
    09-12-10 10:25 PM
    J8330, if you decide to update your OS ya might want to backup all ya data first and then do research on whatever OS you are interested in cause one OS maybe the right one for some but not right for you.

Don't ever just update your OS based on "its the best" comments.

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-12-10 10:29 PM
    i have the bbm as tripster pointed!

and yea lol i am not too much into OS. if telus pushes a new one i will take that.. Its a bit too much work to install reinstall and what not. And i doubt it if this is a OS problem. It was working fine for over a month had no issues whats so ever.

I think the issue started from whatapp. I could not send iphone users a voice note it gave me a error whenever i tried to send a voice note thru WHATAPP - (I delete this application)

i can send voice note on bbm but CANT receive it its annoying
    09-12-10 10:51 PM
    Good thing you pause before jumping at potentially bad advice! Did you reboot after deleting the app?

09-12-10 10:56 PM
    That is absolutely, positively not an OS problem. If the upgrade didn't solve it, we can talk about looking at your Event Log to try and find what the issue is.
    09-12-10 10:57 PM
    Install the latest BBM if you have not already from the RIM website and I agree this is not an OS issue by the sound of it. What happens if you set BBM to auto accept voice notes? That is default btw.

09-12-10 10:59 PM
    Definitely sounds like a fault that could be cleared. Hold Alt and type LGLG and see if there are any events in bold and copy that info.

09-12-10 11:00 PM
    i tried to keep it on auto accept but same stuff

now latest development is that i cant even send voice notes:S it says

there is not enough free memory on the file system to complete this action..

shud i try changing the memory card? my external memory card has 3.2 gigs left

and my internal has about 70 mb free

i dont know wats going on
    09-12-10 11:00 PM
    yes i did reboot ! i always reboot i re-installed the bbm as well

and i did type ALT LGLG nothing is in bold?
    09-12-10 11:01 PM
    Hmm, interesting. Media card has nothing to do with free memory in this instance.

You scrolled down through the event log and nothing at all was in bold? Curious. Ok, we're working on it.

Last edited by BergerKing; 09-12-10 at 11:05 PM.
    09-12-10 11:03 PM
    Only time I've had an issue sending, I had no free space on the media card. Damn shame the log is no help. Think back to when this started, and check which apps you installed around then.
    09-12-10 11:06 PM
    I would make sure you have BBM set for remote backup against an email account on your BB, then remove BBM. Reboot when prompted and then re-install BBM from scratch.

09-12-10 11:07 PM
    I'd discount MC space when J posted free space left on card. Shans idea sounds reasonable.

09-12-10 11:09 PM
    okay wait i think i got the problem . still testing.. my device memory limit was set to 5MB and it was FULL !! may be thats the issue.

i told my frend to send me a voice note.

lets see !

btw cant we save voice notes to memory card?
    09-12-10 11:11 PM
    You should be able to. I have several VNs saved.

09-12-10 11:12 PM
    and yes its remote back up
    09-12-10 11:12 PM
    OKAY GUYS It got FIXED

so the problem was WHATAPP !! so basically i sent my frneds voice note and it kept saving on my device memory ! and it was messing everything up !

so now i tried with one of my frned it worked fine. lets try wid someone else now

thanks for your help guys !! really really appreciated !
    09-12-10 11:15 PM
    I am looking through BBM. You say there is a limit of 5MB, where? I see no such setting.

09-12-10 11:18 PM
    That's good to hear, J8330. Glad you figured it out without jumpin on the OS update propaganda.

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-12-10 11:18 PM
    I am looking through BBM. You say there is a limit of 5MB, where? I see no such setting.

the limit of 5mb was for my internal memory - so now when i installed whatapp i sent voice notes to my frend .. whatapp first saves voicenote and then sends i guess so it took all my internal memory limit of 5mb.Now i increased it to 15mb.
    09-12-10 11:19 PM
    Well, that would definitely be a relief to get straightened out. My wife had an app last night that wouldn't let her phone ring. Then when it let the phone ring, she couldn't answer it. They had upgraded the app and stopped supporting the older version, and it Fubared her BB. After she deleted it, she was fine.

I would find out if they updated WhatsApp and maybe caused the snafu.

09-12-10 11:20 PM
    That's good to hear, J8330. Glad you figured it out without jumpin on the OS update propaganda.

Thnx, �Tripster�

thanks tripster.
    yea that would be the last thing i would do. I would care less to do all these upgrades delete files, replace and what not ! i use my bbm just for emails, bbm and i would careless about these propogandas

if telus pushses a new OS i will take that
    09-12-10 11:20 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD