Hey everyone,

2 questions about BB messenger.

1) Since getting my storm, I've never seen it once say "So and So is typing a message..." like my 8703e and Pearl and Curve do. Is this removed from the Storm or is something off? I'll be in a chat, looking at it, and a message appears. I type one send it, wait and another appears even long ones where it would definitely have time to send the notice.

2) What do the colours in messages mean? When I get pins from people, sometimes the whole message is in red, but othertimes it's all in black. Not sure what each means, I've never seen messages in red before until today I noticed it. Thanks!
    02-16-09 07:36 PM
    1) Since getting my storm, I've never seen it once say "So and So is typing a message..." like my 8703e and Pearl and Curve do. Is this removed from the Storm or is something off?

2) What do the colours in messages mean? When I get pins from people, sometimes the whole message is in red, but othertimes it's all in black.
    I'm not 100% sure, but for #1 I do recall seeing when someone is typing a reply to me in BBM. For #2, my level 1 messages are red while normal messages are black. See if you have enabled the setting "make PIN messages level 1"
    02-16-09 08:06 PM
    What is the point of level 1 versus level 2 messages?
    02-16-09 08:13 PM
    I always get the "typing a message" heads up when I'm in BB Messenger. Not sure what the problem could be.
    02-16-09 08:15 PM
    What is the point of level 1 versus level 2 messages?
    The idea is you can treat level 1 messages as more important (or differently) than other messages. You can set custom alerts for level 1 messages, and you can configure BIS filters to forward certain messages as level 1.
    02-16-09 08:22 PM
    The thing though is what differentiates a level 1 vs normal? Like I'm talking about the same person here. I just noticed even some of mine are blue??? Note the screenshot, just ignore my super interesting conversation hehe.

Last edited by leemoreau; 02-16-09 at 08:39 PM.
    02-16-09 08:36 PM
    The thing though is what differentiates a level 1 vs normal? Like I'm talking about the same person here. I just noticed even some of mine are blue??? Note the screenshot, just ignore my super interesting conversation hehe.
    Srry, thought you meant email messages as level 1 vs not level 1. I have no idea why your BBM messages appear diff colors from the same person.
    02-16-09 08:55 PM
    Weird eh, maybe it's just a glitch or something. Running .76 so it's not a leak, never seen it before though seems more likely that something is just messing up..
    02-16-09 08:58 PM
    Hmmm... Do a battery pull????? Lol. J/k
    I do get the "typing a msg" thing.
    About the colors... No idea.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 09:07 PM
    I get the "typing a message" when somebody is typing a message back to me. As for why you are getting different color fonts, just like the others said it is because they are pin messages. If you send a regular pin message it will show up as red but if you send pin messages in BBM they will show the color for the contact. In this case blue for you and red for the other person. I noticed this happen a couple times to me. When talking and leaving the window open, they were all colored but if I closed the window and returned to the message, they defaulted to just black. I think it may be a glitch too. You can disable this by: Messages> Press BB Key> Options> General Options> Make PIN Messages Level 1: No. You can also change the color to a different color by using or making your own theme. When making the theme you can change the color within the code.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 09:11 PM
    I think its a glitch, not sure what you mean by sending a pin msg versus a pin msg from bb messenger, I only send messages from bb messenger, I never send a pin from anywhere else. I've never ever seen it show the colour of the person like this.
    02-16-09 10:16 PM
    A pin msg can be sent from bb to bb using each of the phones pin number. They are displayed in red color rather than black and can be composed under sms and mms, not bbm.
    02-16-09 10:22 PM
    i think the display of the other person typing a message is only viewed in portrait view.
    02-16-09 10:25 PM
    Right but what i'm saying is I dont' send messages outside bb messenger neither do my friends, I don't see any purpose for it so there's no reason these messages should look different..
    02-16-09 10:28 PM
    Ive had the color change in a convo with the same person before but I have yet to figure out why it happens. As for the person responding in bbm....I do not get that at the bottom of the screen like I did on my curve. But in the little smiley face icon when the person is typing a little square shows up with a letter in it. Like it would if a person is busy and the square over the smiley face goes red. Hope that helps
    02-17-09 02:54 AM
    Thanks! I didn't think to check about the little icon. It's really not a huge deal I don't care if they're typing or not was just an observation since I'd always see it on my 8703e especially if I was in another chat window and someone in another one was typing, it would show that person typing at the bottom.
    02-17-09 09:29 AM
    I always get the "typing a message" heads up when I'm in BB Messenger. Not sure what the problem could be.
    Does anyone know why the typing message disappears? I had it for the longest time and now the only way I know someone is responding is that I go back to my list and it look like the smiley faced has a bubble with writing over his head of the recipient but I really don't know that they are responding to my message.

How do I get the so and so is "typing a message"?

thanks
    08-18-09 03:39 PM
    anything to do with their status change?
    08-18-09 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD