Hot on the heels of Eta Prime, comes Theta Prime.

Based on the proven Cinci Bell .746 OS, AT&T subscribers can enjoy the lastest operating system, and fluid movement. Mixed with near full .794 java, there's no need wait for for an official update...have it NOW!!

Besides an overall update to the core system and core system apps, an updated set of browser files enhances user response and touch performance. Virtual keyboard also uses predicted inputs alot better than previous OS. Reboots are as fast, if not noticably faster than Eta Prime, while battery performance - although a subjective matter - remains similar to Eta. Some verified reports of increased battery performance, by users of multiple apps, have been shared by early adopters.

Noted issues - the updated YouTube app has been reported to have an error. I personally have not installed the YouTube app, because I use the site direct. But, YouTube DOES work properly through the BB internet browser. It was also reported that there may be video play back errors with the FB beta app, but play back via BB internet browser is confirmed working. Please report these errors to the Beta forums, where your complaints help in locating and repairing these errors.

ALSO - The LED functions were not removed in this build. I don't use it, but after constant death threats, and burning bags of doggy surprise at my doorstep, because it wasn't in Eta Prime, I didn't touch it in Theta Prime.

Installation instructions: WARNING!!!

If you do NOT have experience in installing a hybrid or have not spent the proper time informing yourself about hybriding, DO NOT install this hybrid. Your device is not my device, and this Beta leak and its parts my wreck havoc on your phone and its operating system. That said, anyone in need of additional support after a successful installation must provide a system read and report. If any of what I�m saying sounds foreign to you, DO NOT PROCEED.

Mecca

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bwr...XREd3NZcFFYdTQ
    12-02-12 11:05 AM

Based on the proven Cinci Bell .746 OS, AT&T subscribers can enjoy the lastest operating system, and fluid movement. Mixed with near full .794 java, there's no need wait for for an official update...have it NOW!!

Besides an overall update to the core system and core system apps, an updated set of browser files enhances user response and touch performance. Virtual keyboard also uses predicted inputs alot better than previous OS. Reboots are as fast, if not noticably faster than Eta Prime, while battery performance - although a subjective matter - remains similar to Eta. Some verified reports of increased battery performance, by users of multiple apps, have been shared by early adopters.

Noted issues - the updated YouTube app has been reported to have an error. I personally have not installed the YouTube app, because I use the site direct. But, YouTube DOES work properly through the BB internet browser. It was also reported that there may be video play back errors with the FB beta app, but play back via BB internet browser is confirmed working. Please report these errors to the Beta forums, where your complaints help in locating and repairing these errors.

ALSO - The LED functions were not removed in this build. I don't use it, but after constant death threats, and burning bags of doggy surprise at my doorstep, because it wasn't in Eta Prime, I didn't touch it in Theta Prime.

If you do NOT have experience in installing a hybrid or have not spent the proper time informing yourself about hybriding, DO NOT install this hybrid. Your device is not my device, and this Beta leak and its parts my wreck havoc on your phone and its operating system. That said, anyone in need of additional support after a successful installation must provide a system read and report. If any of what I�m saying sounds foreign to you, DO NOT PROCEED.

Mecca

Mecca- While others are sleeping on two of the best hybrids out there- bar none. Thanks for all that you've done to bring this hybrid to the masses. IMHO, it's one of your best builds. Thanks, again. Will post numbers later.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk on Mecca's Theta Hybrid
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 12-02-12 at 12:11 PM.
    Azensun, Mecca EL and Rayme San like this.
    12-02-12 11:22 AM
    Having been running this since last night, I will say it is a night and day difference from what I was running before. The browser speed is vastly improved for the first time in many releases, with superior touch response. On reddit.com, in particular, the accuracy of touch inputs is much more reliable. Swiping between windows on the home screen and between messages is nearly flawless, and scrolling in the browser is much smoother. I don't comment on battery life since it has not been more than 24 hours, although I have no doubt that the battery life will be among the best yet achieved.

The issue with YouTube is minor at most, and does appear to be related to the app, as all videos play perfectly when entered directly in the browser. The FB beta is also experiencing the same glitch, but it must have to do with how both apps interact with the updated browser. I'll take this new browser over being able to watch FB links any day as it really is that good.

Cheers, Mecca, on another fine hybrid!
    Mecca EL and Blacklatino like this.
    12-02-12 11:26 AM
    Yes, another awesome build from Mecca! Smooth. No issues at all!
    Mecca EL and Blacklatino like this.
    12-02-12 11:31 AM

If you do NOT have experience in installing a hybrid or have not spent the proper time informing yourself about hybriding, DO NOT install this hybrid. Your device is not my device, and this Beta leak and its parts my wreck havoc on your phone and its operating system. That said, anyone in need of additional support after a successful installation must provide a system read and report. If any of what I’m saying sounds foreign to you, DO NOT PROCEED.

Mecca

Does this work on 9900?
    12-02-12 01:30 PM
    Does this work on 9900?
    Replace the java folder in .746 for the 9900, with the java folder from Theta Prime, and install
    12-02-12 07:35 PM
    So after 48 hours I can say the battery life has been very good. With bluetooth and wifi on and in nearly constant use, I am sitting at 3.1% per hour, which for my usage is excellent.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    12-03-12 09:38 PM
    After several days I can say that I am still impressed with this hybrid. Also, before I lay it down for a few hours, my BB alarm goes off at 04:30 and it is now 12:52 the next day.....a few hours short of 24 hours. Anyway, I have 35% battery left and after a moderate to busy day, my avg never went higher than 3.7 at my busiest after long phone calls. This hybrid is Fand*mntastic!!!! Nite.

Last edited by Blacklatino; 12-06-12 at 08:30 AM.
    12-06-12 12:58 AM
    This does not work with the 9900. I replaced the base OS java folder with the hybrid java folder as instructed. The OS gave uncaught exception errors and was completely unusable. The OS would not boot up properly. Stick with Berrylicious AT&T hybrid if you have a 9900 on AT&T.
    12-06-12 01:24 AM
    This does not work with the 9900. I replaced the base OS java folder with the hybrid java folder as instructed. The OS gave uncaught exception errors and was completely unusable. The OS would not boot up properly. Stick with Berrylicious AT&T hybrid if you have a 9900 on AT&T.
    Although it is unfortunate that you were unsuccessful at creating a hybrid for your phone, using the java parts from my hybrid, jacking my thread to promote a fellow hybrid builder is disrespectful. Again, this is the kind of childish behavior that people reduce themselves to, to cover the fact that they do not know what they are doing. You could have easily PM'ed me, stated "Mecca, I don't know what I'm doing, can you help?" and I would have helped you locate the source of the error. All I need is an image of your event log, and the exact details on how YOU put your package together. For future reference, 98% of this hybrids java is sourced from 7.1.0.794 for the 9900. I blame this on user error.
    Blacklatino and peteygrizz like this.
    12-06-12 08:05 AM
    Stick with Berrylicious AT&T hybrid if you have a 9900 on AT&T.
    This is a weak attempt to discredit a very good hybrid/hybrid builder while trying to build up one over the other. Berrylicious doesn't need you to be a cheerleader for their hybrids. Their hybrid can stand on it's own merit. Obviously you didn't READ the disclaimer. Pathetic.
    12-06-12 08:40 AM
    Although it is unfortunate that you were unsuccessful at creating a hybrid for your phone, using the java parts from my hybrid, jacking my thread to promote a fellow hybrid builder is disrespectful. Again, this is the kind of childish behavior that people reduce themselves to, to cover the fact that they do not know what they are doing. You could have easily PM'ed me, stated "Mecca, I don't know what I'm doing, can you help?" and I would have helped you locate the source of the error. All I need is an image of your event log, and the exact details on how YOU put your package together. For future reference, 98% of this hybrids java is sourced from 7.1.0.794 for the 9900. I blame this on user error.
    Unfortunately, I had expected this from some clueless members about hybrids.
    12-06-12 08:43 AM
    Actually I have this running on both a 9900 and 9790. The mistake you made is you deleted the java folder rather than paste it over the existing one. Flash & Enjoy. Ran a little warm on my 9790 at first, all good now.
    Mecca EL and peteygrizz like this.
    12-07-12 06:19 PM
    Actually I have this running on both a 9900 and 9790. The mistake you made is you deleted the java folder rather than paste it over the existing one. Flash & Enjoy. Ran a little warm on my 9790 at first, all good now.
    Thank you for the kind reply explaining what I did wrong and how to fix it, rather than the previous unnecessary rant.
    12-08-12 03:16 PM
    Dang it!!! When I saw the title of the thread I thought perhaps you had built a hybrid that allowed ATT users to utilize the hotspot feature with paying extra for tethering. I was an ardent and loyal Mecca Hybrid user/follower since the first, unnamed. 7.1 hybrid. I had amazing success installing and running all of the primes... that is until the hotspot feature went away. And, alas, I am stuck on the Mobilicity .378 release. As a grandfathered in, unlimited data plan user I just can't bring myself to switch plans, especially since .378 runs just fine (not great like the Primes).

But Mecca... I have a question for you. Which files control the hotspot feature and whether or not ATT has dictatorial powers over it? Is it possible to swap a few files and unlock the feature on a newer build? Is it possible to build a hybrid with newer files, combined with the .378 files so that we can have all of the awesomeness of Theta Prime and a usable hotspot? I am willing to give 1 million "thanks" and "likes" (each) if you are able to do so. If you need a tester... sign me up.

Either way, even though I currently don't use a hybrid, I am one of the many that truly appreciate your work and am thankful that you put it out there for others to use.
    peteygrizz likes this.
    12-08-12 05:46 PM
    [QUOTE]This does not work with the 9900. I replaced the base OS java folder with the hybrid java folder as instructed.(?)The OS gave uncaught exception errors and was completely unusable. The OS would not boot up properly.Stick with Berrylicious AT&T hybrid if you have a 9900 on AT&T.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the kind reply explaining what I did wrong and how to fix it, rather than the previous unnecessary rant.
    LOL. So, you justify a personal mistake by trashing one hybrid while praising another.....and you expected what in return? As stated, you could have asked instead of talking ish about the hybrid. Reposted your second post.....in case there is any confusion.

Just so you are aware....I KNOW Mecca- excellent hybrids, and I have used various hybrids for different BlackBerries from Zocster an others affiliated with that group as well. Also, excellent hybrids. I have no idea who you are, but, I wish you well and help is here if you ask-1st.

Last edited by Blacklatino; 12-09-12 at 03:33 PM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-08-12 06:16 PM
    Dang it!!! When I saw the title of the thread I thought perhaps you had built a hybrid that allowed ATT users to utilize the hotspot feature with paying extra for tethering. I was an ardent and loyal Mecca Hybrid user/follower since the first, unnamed. 7.1 hybrid. I had amazing success installing and running all of the primes... that is until the hotspot feature went away. And, alas, I am stuck on the Mobilicity .378 release. As a grandfathered in, unlimited data plan user I just can't bring myself to switch plans, especially since .378 runs just fine (not great like the Primes).

But Mecca... I have a question for you. Which files control the hotspot feature and whether or not ATT has dictatorial powers over it? Is it possible to swap a few files and unlock the feature on a newer build? Is it possible to build a hybrid with newer files, combined with the .378 files so that we can have all of the awesomeness of Theta Prime and a usable hotspot? I am willing to give 1 million "thanks" and "likes" (each) if you are able to do so. If you need a tester... sign me up.

Either way, even though I currently don't use a hybrid, I am one of the many that truly appreciate your work and am thankful that you put it out there for others to use.
    Refresh my memory, .378 has the "4G" designation , correct? I've been pondering this for a loooooong time, wondering what actually controls hotspot accesses, and it's my guess that access is in .378's sfi. When your phone "calls home", .378's service books reply with a different set of credentials, allowing hotspot access. I wish I could access the sfi, but I'd probably end up in court.

As far as hybridizing .378, it's not impossible. You may not see any improvements though. Post a link to .378, if you don't mind, and I'll see if updating to the current BIS and browser files will give you some awesomeness
    12-08-12 07:21 PM
    Refresh my memory, .378 has the "4G" designation , correct? I've been pondering this for a loooooong time, wondering what actually controls hotspot accesses, and it's my guess that access is in .378's sfi. When your phone "calls home", .378's service books reply with a different set of credentials, allowing hotspot access. I wish I could access the sfi, but I'd probably end up in court.

As far as hybridizing .378, it's not impossible. You may not see any improvements though. Post a link to .378, if you don't mind, and I'll see if updating to the current BIS and browser files will give you some awesomeness

Awesome!!! Thanks!!

Yes, .378 has the 4G designation. I wish I was more tech savvy and/or had another phone so I could mess around without worry of bricking my phone. I assume that it is not as simple as swapping the sfi with one in the newest builds, or else it would have been done by now.

I could not find a link to a direct download link, but here is the official link from the Blackberry website.... https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...BBAC5CAAD7F186

Thank you, again for anything and everything you do!!!
    12-08-12 09:11 PM

This is relevant to my interests, as well.

I am fairly certain that hotspot access is controlled in the sfi. I spent a decent amount of time going through the java folders of .4XX, .5XX, and others to see if to see if there were any different cods in the versions after .378 which would possibly explain the difference in permissions and gave up after some disastrous experiments.

Either way, thanks for your efforts Mecca, still enjoying the quality of this hybrid!
    12-08-12 10:00 PM
    Awesome!!! Thanks!!

Yes, .378 has the 4G designation. I wish I was more tech savvy and/or had another phone so I could mess around without worry of bricking my phone. I assume that it is not as simple as swapping the sfi with one in the newest builds, or else it would have been done by now.

I could not find a link to a direct download link, but here is the official link from the Blackberry website.... https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...BBAC5CAAD7F186

Thank you, again for anything and everything you do!!!
    Finished downloading .378. Let me see what I can come up with.
    marcho11 and Blacklatino like this.
    12-08-12 10:02 PM
    BBH Tools not working with Windows 8.
    Does anyone have a solution to this?
    12-09-12 12:37 AM
    I have windows 8 for over 8 months now. BBH tools works fine
    12-09-12 02:52 AM
    You might have to go into BBHTools program properties and set its compatibility to like Win95 or something.
    satchit likes this.
    12-09-12 11:48 AM
    hi there, just wanted to check two things before I proceeded with this. This build doesn't have the att mic issue right? and its the same procedure as always: download and extract the c.bell version; open mecca's zip, copy/replace the data in the java folder ? Thanks for the help guys, been looking forward to this for a while now.
    12-10-12 09:48 AM
    hi there, just wanted to check two things before I proceeded with this. This build doesn't have the att mic issue right? and its the same procedure as always: download and extract the c.bell version; open mecca's zip, copy/replace the data in the java folder ? Thanks for the help guys, been looking forward to this for a while now.
    Make sure C. Bell is installed, unzip the hybrid to your desktop and move its folder to the loader folder, rename the official C. Bell os "(746 full)" and remove "(Theta Prime)" from the end of my folders name string. Launch loader and enjoy
    12-10-12 10:44 PM
28 12