I have a blackberry tour 9630. How can I disable contacts from seeing whether or not I read the messages that they have sent me? In other words, how do I turn off the "R" and "D"?

Thanks in advance!
    12-06-09 04:29 PM
    I have a blackberry tour 9630. How can I disable contacts from seeing whether or not I read the messages that they have sent me? In other words, how do I turn off the "R" and "D"?

Thanks in advance!
    Send them text messages instead, because you can't.
    12-06-09 04:35 PM
    You cannot. D is for Delivered and will always show to your contact unless you have your data off or phone off.

R, Read, will always appear when you open the BBM conversation.

You can kind of get around the R by *not opening the BBM convo, just open BlackBerry Messenger. Then you can at least read the first line of the convo without opening it and returning the R to sender.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 04:36 PM
    Couple problems? Loll. Just open bbm. Read it and then delete it. Never shows as "R"

12-06-09 05:29 PM
    Couple problems? Loll. Just open bbm. Read it and then delete it. Never shows as "R"

As long as he deletes it without actually opening the convo.
    12-06-09 05:42 PM
    moving to native apps
    12-06-09 06:57 PM
    U can also go into history and as long as they're previous convos, u can view the msg in history and it doesn't show as read. Been there done that! Had a gf with a bb and she would flip if I read the bbm but didn't respond right away

12-06-09 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD