Alright so these are the best directions i can find

my questions are in red
    -------------------------------------------------------------

I see a lot of people having a hard time deciding not only because it sounds difficult but your coming from another leaked OS, or another hybrid.

My Recommendation, but please take care and at your own risk. This is true with any non-official update.

1) Dont have 141 installed on your phone. If your going to a hybrid of this sort it will not downgrade correctly. ( ie lock and quicklaunch will NOT be fixed )

2) Delete all OS's Installed on your PC, Not the exe files but the OS's ( you can have multiple OS's downloaded but not installed) . These can be found in "installed programs" in control panel. Make sure you only have Research in Motion Blackberry Manager Installed.
    i know i have the standard .75 OS... how do i delete it or do i need to do anything?

3) I Then installed the .132 Leak OS onto my computer.
    What do you do to install...? i dont know what program, what file... this is so new to me/ im stuck here...

4) I then Updated my phone with the .132 OS. Blackberry Manager works fine. You can appload.exe or what have you.

5) Takes 20 Mins.

6) Unplug BBerry.

7) Close BB Manager.

8) Download the HYBRID INSTALLER in the Link above. Most want the 32-bit Vista version, some might want the 64-bit version. You can check this in the My Computer stats.
    I think i have the hybrid installer

9) Run this Hybrid EXE. What this does is takes the .132 Installed and replaces the files automatically with the 141/5.0(bold) os files.

10) Simple Right?

11) Make Sure you click the Shrink OS button IF IF IF IF you want to shrink it. Default Wallpapers is a good place to start.

12) Run Apploader.exe.........the button is right there.

13) It backs up...it installs...you are now in the sweet zone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OK found a couple more things... i downloaded the .132 OS... now i saw the tutorial to upgrade it using the BB desktop manager
    Last edited by theidoctor; 05-02-09 at 01:51 PM.
    05-02-09 01:45 PM
    Before anything uninstall any os you are not using

to do this go to control panel and uninstall any dm software you have now.

download the 132 file.

install it to your computer.

to install it click on the download once it is done.run the installer.follow all the prompts.

Attachment 23568

to install on your phone i find it easier to do the following then using DM.

go to computer>c drive>program files>common files> research in motion>app loader> and double click on the loader.(looks like a little phone)

Attachment 23571

follow the prompts

after you are done with that...about 20 mins.

download and install the 5.0 hybrid.

Attachment 23569

it should already be set to install the files to the .132 folder.

it will give you an option to shrink your os.choose any files you dont want.you dont have to have to do this.

when you are done click shrink OS.

once that is done (its very quick) then click on loader.exe
    its going to send you through the same process as before.

it should say upgrade system software and such.follow prompts and you are on your way.

Attachment 23570
    05-02-09 03:01 PM
    cool thanks!!!!!! i was at the shrink my os part when i read this so i knew i was doing it right

great post!!!!!
    05-02-09 03:06 PM
    your very welcome glad to help out
    05-02-09 03:13 PM
    i will let you know how it goes.... its at device initialization...

now if only i can pay attention long enough to finish my essay!
    05-02-09 03:18 PM
    Thanks for this thread. I wasn't removing the previously installed OS. I was just moving the .exe file to a backup directory.
    05-02-09 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD