hey guys,

i'm trying to download OS 5.0 onto my blackberry 8900 however it just won't show up on my apploader and can't download it.

i have tried downloading the link from every site possible, including from the latest leaked OS 5 thread in this forum.

i have deleted the vendor xml file then loaded the apploader. OS 4.6 core application shows up on top but the new OS 5.0 i'm trying to install doesn't. i basically followed all the steps in the instructions

any suggestions?!
    03-10-10 01:08 AM
    a) Disconnect from network/ internet.

b) Use loader.exe (in the same directory as vendor.xml) to start upgrading.
    03-10-10 02:23 AM
    How to upgrade to a leaked OS

How to get DM to Recognize the OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 05:49 AM
    i have tried everything, followed all the steps, disconnected my internet, reinstalled DM 5 without the automatic update, downloaded OS 5 and deleted vendor. xml...but the DM still won't recognize the new OS 5... i went on all the threads and tried all the steps but i just don't know what i'm doing wrong? i can't think of anything else that i could do. but this makes me wanna get OS 5 more!!!

anyone else could help?? thanks in advance
    03-10-10 04:28 PM
    Try using this guide instead:

BigBadwulf's upgrade guide

Or you can use this utility to load it via app loader:

BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife (BBsak)

03-10-10 05:59 PM
    i have tried everything, followed all the steps, disconnected my internet, reinstalled DM 5 without the automatic update, downloaded OS 5 and deleted vendor. xml...but the DM still won't recognize the new OS 5... i went on all the threads and tried all the steps but i just don't know what i'm doing wrong? i can't think of anything else that i could do. but this makes me wanna get OS 5 more!!!

anyone else could help?? thanks in advance
    Why do you keep using DM when others have suggested using loader.exe, there's been many threads in the forum about issues with DM installing OS's. Loader.exe worked fine for me many others.
    03-10-10 06:05 PM
    sorry not DM, the loader.exe...i didn't even use DM, the loader.exe doesn't work.
    i know i realized that there are many threads about this. and i have looked at them and followed all the steps but it just wont seem to work for me and i have no idea what i'm doing wrong...
    03-10-10 06:08 PM
    i have also tried the BBsak but didn't work i'm going to try the other link, thanks
    03-10-10 06:10 PM
    BBsak worked for me, but it ended up pushing DM to recognise the os 5, so in the end i still used DM. ** hum. it took me a good entire day to get it to work though!
    03-11-10 12:08 AM
    Glad you got it working. But FWIW, bbsak uses app loader not DM.

03-11-10 10:29 AM
    hey guys,

i'm trying to download OS 5.0 onto my blackberry 8900 however it just won't show up on my apploader and can't download it.

i have tried downloading the link from every site possible, including from the latest leaked OS 5 thread in this forum.

i have deleted the vendor xml file then loaded the apploader. OS 4.6 core application shows up on top but the new OS 5.0 i'm trying to install doesn't. i basically followed all the steps in the instructions

any suggestions?!
    You could try this and see if it helps:
    1 - delete vendor xml file here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    2 - uninstall the original os from add/remove programs
    3- install new os
    4 - download and install bbsak(blackberry swiss army knife) 1.7
    5 - do a back-up of all your info in desktop manager
    6 - run bbsak
    7 - plug phone in and click connect on bbsak once phone is recognized
    8 - back-up all 3rd-party apps with bbsak
    9 - click on wipe handheld (phone will do a bunch of flashes and then restart to white screen saying load os)
    10 - click on load os (phone will do a bunch of flashes and then restart)
    11 - once restarted phone should have new os loaded. check in the options menu.
    12 - restore all data and 3rd-party apps

That's what worked for me in the past both upgrading and downgrading the os of my phone. If you have any issues p.m. me and i can help you out.
    03-11-10 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD