Hi I got a 8330 curve from verizon and added my girlfriend on bbm but when I try to send her a message I get the D above the check but it will say she is busy or unavailable and the message wont be actually delivered for up to hours. This happens no matter where I am (good or bad signal) so I was just wondering if anyone had the same problem or knew what was happening. Thanks.
    03-31-09 04:30 PM
    If you get the "D" then that means your GF has received the notification on her homescreen that she has a BBM message. She hasn't opened it. Otherwise, you'd see the "R" after that.
    03-31-09 04:34 PM
    Ok thanks, does the Status have anything to do with recieving or sending messages? Both of our status' will be busy when we don't set it as that, is there a problem with our bbm or does it set itself as busy after a certain amount of time idle or something like that?
    03-31-09 04:51 PM
    Ok thanks, does the Status have anything to do with recieving or sending messages? Both of our status' will be busy when we don't set it as that, is there a problem with our bbm or does it set itself as busy after a certain amount of time idle or something like that?
    If you're set to "unavailable" you'll still receieve the message notification on your homescreen. You won't have the alert as you have it set in your profiles though.

Either way, after about a minute of a message being delivered and not being read, the small clock will appear on the smiley face of the person you are messaging. It is cleared once the person opens up the message. Then you'll get the "R" on the checkmark.

There is also another way that the small clock icon can clear on the smiley without someone actually opening your message. If she decides to update her status on her BBM, the smiley face will clear but it doesn't mean she's opened the message. You'll see that when the "D" is still on the checkmark.
    03-31-09 04:58 PM
    ohh alright thanks a lot for the help, Ive been getting the small clock with the D so I guess that just means she hasnt opened it, and her status will read "busy" does that mean anything? I can only set it to available or unavailable so I wasn't sure about that.
    03-31-09 05:13 PM
    ohh alright thanks a lot for the help, Ive been getting the small clock with the D so I guess that just means she hasnt opened it, and her status will read "busy" does that mean anything? I can only set it to available or unavailable so I wasn't sure about that.
    The default message on "contact info" while the small clock icon on the smiley face always says "busy."

BTW, if she has her BBM setup where messages can be viewed in her messages folder, she could still read at least the first line of whatever message you sent her in the previews of the messages folder withouth opening your message at least.
    03-31-09 05:16 PM
    now it all makes sense thank you for clearing that up i was really confused.
    03-31-09 05:20 PM
    now it all makes sense thank you for clearing that up i was really confused.
    No problem.
    03-31-09 05:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD