I have a Bold 9650 (OS 6) and I was driving north from Albany, NY on Saturday and when I got back into cell coverage after the Adirondacks, my trackpad would no longer scroll, my lock button no longer worked and my keyboard wasn't functioning properly. I am very careful with my phone and I haven't dropped it or gotten it wet at all. The weird part is that the trackpad won't scroll UP on the homescreen, but it will if I hold alt down. It wont scroll left to right in apps unless I hold down alt...the lock button won't work at anytime.

I have done several battery pulls and upgraded and downgraded the OS with no results.

I am in desperate need of my phone for work but don't really have the money to buy a new phone. I was hoping someone may have some suggestions on how to fix the problem....
    04-09-12 02:43 PM
    It sounds like a hardware problem that you will have to talk to your carrier about.
    04-11-12 12:22 AM
    Try to restore your OS, if that doesnt work you should get a new Trackpad.

You can Purchase a new trackpad at Blackberry Bold 9650 Original Trackpad Touch Pad

They have a video tutorial on the bottom of the page on how to replace the trackpad.

But i recommend to first take it into a local Tech maybe he can fix i for you.
    04-11-12 09:54 PM
    i had the same problem here. i am from india and using the 9650 bold on reliance CDMA. it has the same problem and i have consulted with the blackberry customer service. it is certainly no hardware issue. hope i get the time to visit the servive centre that is in another city, that is about 70 from my hometown. thanks though, i dint know that pressing alt key would make it function. i am helped anyway.
    07-14-12 01:00 PM
    Definately NOT A HARDWARE issue. I have had this happen to me twice, both times support was clueless and had to replace my device. How do I know it's not hardware? Because the trackpad works on some apps and not on others. People who say this is hardware are complete fools and have no business try to solve technical problems.

THIS IS A SOFTWARE DEFECT. Never buy a blackberry device again.
    09-21-12 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD