Has anyone heard word of an OS 5.0 release for the Tour on Verizon?
    01-01-10 03:38 PM
    No word for any carrier - go for a leaked version. 5.0.0.230 is decent.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-10 07:12 PM
    my media player didn't work with .230 other than that it's a pretty good build, trackball was kinda buggy also
    01-04-10 12:36 PM
    My trackball is great, but I know what you mean about the media player. Mine works, but the tracks won't advance when the headphones are plugged in. Well, the track advances on the screen, but no audio is produced.

01-04-10 12:49 PM
    after I upgrasded, my phone kept shuttomng down and would not come back. I went back to 4.7
    01-04-10 01:13 PM
    Laureanne are you sure it was .230? I've never heard of that issue with anyone else using that release.

01-04-10 01:23 PM
    everyone is really smart to hold off on leaked versions and wait to hear from their carriers about new OS upgrades. I don't know why everyone has to have what isn't ready yet and then when they decide to upgrade they have issues. That is why the carriers want to make sure all the bugs are out. I am using the 4.7 on my Tour and I have no issues. I am happy so far so why can't everyone else be content? When the OS is ready to be released it will be.
    01-04-10 02:17 PM
    everyone is really smart to hold off on leaked versions and wait to hear from their carriers about new OS upgrades. I don't know why everyone has to have what isn't ready yet and then when they decide to upgrade they have issues. That is why the carriers want to make sure all the bugs are out. I am using the 4.7 on my Tour and I have no issues. I am happy so far so why can't everyone else be content? When the OS is ready to be released it will be.
    You go ahead and wait until **** freezes over before your carrier finally releases an "official" version of OS 5. I'll go on enjoying features such as threaded SMS as I have been for the past few months.

01-04-10 02:23 PM
    Seaners,
    Hello there, Do you know where i can get the OS 5.0.0.230 I have looked all over for it and cant find it. any help would be great full.
    thanks, dondonsr
    01-04-10 05:27 PM
    01-04-10 05:34 PM
    Thanks for the link! I installed it...

So far so good. The text message screens are a little different:

Opera 4.2 is bugging out. The Menu softkey is above the send button, and the Edit softkey is above the trackball. I'm going to re-install it and see if it helps.

I notice that if I launch a program from the Applications screen (full menu, not home screen), that when I hit End from within the program, it brings me back to the Home screen, not the Applications screen like it used to. I find that kind of annoying.

Thumbnails of pictures in the media application seem larger, and the borders are more definitive. I found it difficult to see which thumbnail I was selecting with .230 as the border was so faint and seemed to blend in.

I haven't had a chance to test the media player to see if the tracks will actually advance with headphones in. My replacement Tour's 3.5mm jack won't accept my headphones, so that will have to wait.

That's about all I've noticed for now. I will post back if I find more bugs or fixes. Oh and I had 112mb of free memory at start-up, which is on par with what I had on .230.
    01-04-10 07:06 PM
    I couldn't agree more. There is no rush, my phone works great on 4.7. I always wait for official releases and then I wait to hear people's feedback before installing.

01-04-10 08:26 PM
    You go ahead and wait until **** freezes over before your carrier finally releases an "official" version of OS 5. I'll go on enjoying features such as threaded SMS as I have been for the past few months.

+1

I couldn't agree more. There is no rush, my phone works great on 4.7. I always wait for official releases and then I wait to hear people's feedback before installing.

whats the fun in that?
    01-04-10 08:58 PM
    what is the biggest addition to 5.0 over 4.7? I'm still using 4.7 on my tour but had 5.0 on my storm(P.O.S). I think if 4.7 had threaded SMS I'd be happy. Is there anything else I should be looking forward to besides SMS? Or is it basically like 5.0 for the Storm?
    01-05-10 10:21 AM
    vibrate and ring at the same time, stop watch, added entries in calendar such as birthdate with reminders etc...integrated file browser, added control over themes...thats what I found so far
    01-05-10 11:54 AM
    OK so I think I'll download 5.0 this evening then.

There has never been more truth on this entire site than what your signature gives! I also have converted and never been more happy with BB
    01-07-10 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD