I just put the .230 os on my tour the other day and since switching form 4.7 i am noticing significantly less battery. While running 4.7, i was getting a full 2 days with heavy use and 3 days with normal use. Now with .230, i can stretch it to about 1 full day of light use. My phone will be in standby most of the day with on and off use of text/call/web and is still down to a yellow battery meter after a day. Has anyone else run into this problem? I appreciate any feedback, i am not set on os 5 so if i have to i'll switch back to 4.7...

Thanks
    11-14-09 01:19 AM
    Yeah I'm have the same issue... I'm thinking about dropping back to 4.7

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 02:42 AM
    That is weird...Ive had it since it was first leaked and my battery is pretty much the same as it was on 4.7, with heavy use...
    11-14-09 02:46 AM
    Same problem for me. Seriously thinking of going back to 4.7 if there's no fix.
    11-14-09 02:59 AM
    ^ remember this is a beta so the only thing that will fix this problem is the official 5.0 or maybe another (working) leak, preferably the official comes soon *Fingers crossed*
    11-14-09 03:43 AM
    My battery life is better in .230....go figure?
    11-14-09 05:41 AM
    I've had both with no significant difference with either OS, I get at best about 16 hours. I've taken it back to a couple of different stores & they tell me that there is nothing wrong with my device (Tour 9630). One of the reasons I came to BB from WinMo was because of battery life & its no better, maybe even a little worse. My wifes Curve gets 2 days with very heavy use. Sometimes I wish that I wouldve went the Curve way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 06:01 AM
    Hmm. When I switched from 4.7.1.53 to .230, my battery life seemed about the same--with one big exception. With 4.7, if I left Google Maps or some other GPS app running, I barely noticed a decrease in battery life. If I left a GPS app running under .230, the battery would drain fast.

For instance, one day, I arrived on a job site at 8am, battery at 95%. At noon, it was down to 80%. I used Google Maps to find a restaurant, and left it on for the afternoon. By 5pm, my battery was down to 20%. Big difference.

I'm using a hybrid OS now. Battery life seems a bit better, but the GPS super-drain is still there. Boot up time is down under 3 minutes. Memory leak is small, and the whole OS is quicker. Browser still sucks, though.
    11-14-09 12:26 PM
    Well ended up downgrading back to 4.7 unfortunately. Really miss the threaded sms but the battery life issue was more important to me at least. Seemed to be a pretty small % of people with this issue since I have searched around and haven't found much info on it. Weird though that some people get better battery life with the .230 update. I now am back to normal though, charged my phone last night and is still 95% even being used on and off throughout the day. Hopefully there will just be an official version out soon that wont have this issue. Wait what am i thinking...an official 5.0 OS?...ahh i guess i wasn't thinking ahahaha damit RIM
    11-15-09 06:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD