LOVING 5v4, but I've run into some problems.

1. When using Viigo and Arr! SS, scrolling in articles doesn't really work unless I switch over to 'page view.' It wouldn't be an issue except that there's no way to default to page view.

2. None of my ringtones work that are stored on my SD card. I thought it might be BerryBuzz causing a conflict, but no luck there.

I'm going to try a reload and see if it fixes either of these.
    09-21-09 02:34 AM
    so i've been out of the loop for a few days. hows this tread rolling along???
    nothing has changed around here.....more like a chat room instead of a forum....haha......

good ... drank a lot

uhh...isn't that what a wedding is about.....your boy gets married and you get drunk in his honor.....haha.....i know that is the way that is always ends up for me.....
    09-21-09 08:12 AM
    v7 is installing in the wrong folder.... 9630-v4.7.1.42_P4.1.0.47 instead of 9630-v4.7.1.53_P4.1.0.65
    I went from v5.2.1 (or something like that) to the leaked 4.7.1.53 to hybridv7 but its not installing any 5.0 modules. I think ^^^ this is the problem.

How can I fix this?

Is it as simple as just changing the file name from, "9630-v4.7.1.42_P4.1.0.47" to "9630-v4.7.1.53_P4.1.0.65"?

Or...

Do I need to uninstall "9630-v4.7.1.53_P4.1.0.65", reinstall fresh, change the file name to "9630-v4.7.1.42_P4.1.0.47" (where hybridv7 installs) and then change the file name back to "9630-v4.7.1.53_P4.1.0.65" after running the hybrid.exe, then install in my Tour?

Thanks guys!
    09-21-09 08:22 AM
    I went from v5.2.1 (or something like that) to the leaked 4.7.1.53 to hybridv7 but its not installing any 5.0 modules. I think ^^^ this is the problem.

How can I fix this?

Is it as simple as just changing the file name from, "9630-v4.7.1.42_P4.1.0.47" to "9630-v4.7.1.53_P4.1.0.65"?

Or...

Do I need to uninstall "9630-v4.7.1.53_P4.1.0.65", reinstall fresh, change the file name to "9630-v4.7.1.42_P4.1.0.47" (where hybridv7 installs) and then change the file name back to "9630-v4.7.1.53_P4.1.0.65" after running the hybrid.exe, then install in my Tour?

Thanks guys!
    i always suggest uninstalling all OSs and Hybrids from the computer before trying to install a new one.....this insures that you get a clean install and that you are using all up-to-date programs and software......then when prompted you want to downgrade your device software.....you prob know the last statement...but good to always remind....
    09-21-09 09:08 AM
    when prompted you want to downgrade? Mastermind, did I miss something? I am in the process of installing .191 now and then hopefully v4.0 on top of it shortly....
    09-21-09 09:15 AM
    No he's talking about OS 4.7.1.53. He's downgrading from 5.0.0.191

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 10:10 AM
    Gotcha.

I just loaded .191 and then got 50v4.0 going... having issues getting my old apps back onto the device. Whenever I try to load the .alx file i get an error saying its not compatible. Any thoughts??

Thanks
    09-21-09 10:45 AM
    I am having the google sync issue as well, any solutions floating around?
    09-21-09 12:07 PM
    I am having the google sync issue as well, any solutions floating around?
    Glad you had a successful install! I replied to your PM on bbhybrids, sorry about the delay. Slept in today

The gsync problem is like 50/50. Some have it and some don't. You might try a reinstall of .191 and the hybrid, but there is no guarantee. I don't use the gmail plugin, I just have the gmail account setup to my messages folder.

09-21-09 01:06 PM
    I just wanted to mention the installer folder on tour v7 needs to be changed from .42 to .53 manually. Its default to older verison folder.

This is of course if you are using 4.7.1.53 as ur base.

09-21-09 01:09 PM
    Thanks for the response. I am jealous that you got to sleep in as I was at my desk by 7am. I got the new OS and hybrid loaded. It seems to be running pretty well. Was kind of lagging at first but after a couple batt pulls it seems to have picked up a little.

The only problems I have been experiencing so far are a) cannot download google sync, b) my quickpull isnt working. It starts to go into the reboot cycle but then never reboots. I am trying a reinstall now. c) when i tried to reload my old apps in the .alx format, it basically said that the the format didnt match up or something. I forget exactly.

I am fooling with BBM now, love the threaded SMS, and even something as simple as the blue highlight over icon. So far I haven't seen my phone jump out of 1X coverage though... anybody???
    09-21-09 01:39 PM
    when prompted you want to downgrade? Mastermind, did I miss something? I am in the process of installing .191 now and then hopefully v4.0 on top of it shortly....
    glad you got it installed....191 is the best.....google sync doesn't work i don't think....also quick pull doesn't either....i believe that it isn't compatible with the 5.0 os.....

No he's talking about OS 4.7.1.53. He's downgrading from 5.0.0.191

pretty sure that he had the 4.7 and was upgrading.....yes as usual the Mastermind is successful....haha....

Glad you had a successful install! I replied to your PM on bbhybrids, sorry about the delay. Slept in today

The gsync problem is like 50/50. Some have it and some don't. You might try a reinstall of .191 and the hybrid, but there is no guarantee. I don't use the gmail plugin, I just have the gmail account setup to my messages folder.

driphter sleeping in...??.......lucky ba$****....
    09-21-09 01:54 PM
    Any other tips/Tricks I'm missing with the .191/v4.0 hybrid? Are people experiencing better service, or worse? I am very interested to see how the battery life goes for me.
    09-21-09 01:58 PM
    pretty sure that he had the 4.7 and was upgrading.....yes as usual the Mastermind is successful....haha....
    Ah read the post wrong just went back and reread now go get your rental car and enjoy the sunny florida weather (and women) lol

09-21-09 02:13 PM
    Alright guys, I need a little guidance. The stock OS on the Tour is not cutting it for me, it is too laggy. That being said, I am a hardcore business user on BES, so I need something stable that I can run with for a while (getting BES passwords is a pain for me).

What do you guys recommend? I can't read this entire thread. I've tried to figure out what version supports what, but I can't keep it straight because I look at it here and there as I have a few minutes. I use Facebook a LITTLE, but if that app doesn't work that isn't a big deal. I do however like BBM 5.0, and I like browsing App World from time to time.

The third party apps I use a lot are:
    Google Voice
    Google Maps
    The Street Mobile
    Berry Weather
    Wordpress

Do all those work?

I guess what I want is something that is quick (I hate the LAG!!!), reliable, and supports BBM 5.0 as well as the third party apps listed above. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

09-21-09 02:43 PM
    So in the threaded SMS, beyond160 works when you haven't typed anything and your cursor is outside of the text box... but when you have typed something and try to switch to it on the fly it doesn't work? Anybody else?
    09-21-09 02:53 PM
    Ok here's my prob when I click on email links or download links it opens opera as my browser instead of the blackberry browser. Anyone know a way around this I've checked all my default settings and they are right.

09-21-09 03:11 PM
    are you running Opera Mini 5 Beta?
    it defaults on purpose on its own without your permission.
    you can highlight the link in your email. hit the menu button and click "Get Link" this should open the regular BB browser.
    the forced default is Opera Mini 5 Beta which you see at the top of the menu.
    Hope this helps.
    09-21-09 03:34 PM
    So in the threaded SMS, beyond160 works when you haven't typed anything and your cursor is outside of the text box... but when you have typed something and try to switch to it on the fly it doesn't work? Anybody else?
    my guess is beyond 160 wasn't designed to work with threaded sms/5.0...i can't get it work work with the v4 .191 hybrid either.
    09-21-09 04:18 PM
    Ah read the post wrong just went back and reread now go get your rental car and enjoy the sunny florida weather (and women) lol

picked up a full size Dodge Ram....just incase there are ladies that want to ride....haha......figured you read the post wrong.....usually it is me that reads things wrong....

Ok here's my prob when I click on email links or download links it opens opera as my browser instead of the blackberry browser. Anyone know a way around this I've checked all my default settings and they are right.

i am getting rid of the opera mini....when you try to delete something that you have written.....it starts erasing everything......not worth it.....i am deleting now......
    09-21-09 04:39 PM
    Thx, problem solved..
    Thx again

welcome

10char
    09-21-09 04:48 PM
    Alright guys, I need a little guidance. The stock OS on the Tour is not cutting it for me, it is too laggy. That being said, I am a hardcore business user on BES, so I need something stable that I can run with for a while (getting BES passwords is a pain for me).

What do you guys recommend? I can't read this entire thread. I've tried to figure out what version supports what, but I can't keep it straight because I look at it here and there as I have a few minutes. I use Facebook a LITTLE, but if that app doesn't work that isn't a big deal. I do however like BBM 5.0, and I like browsing App World from time to time.

The third party apps I use a lot are:
    Google Voice
    Google Maps
    The Street Mobile
    Berry Weather
    Wordpress

Do all those work?

I guess what I want is something that is quick (I hate the LAG!!!), reliable, and supports BBM 5.0 as well as the third party apps listed above. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

You want a 4.7 based OS. 50vwhatever's aren't quite stable enough consistently enough, though many, myself included do get problem free installs. You can't afford the risk. I'd go with the most recent 4.7 based OS. And that way yoy get to keep bbm 5.0.

09-21-09 04:57 PM
    You want a 4.7 based OS. 50vwhatever's aren't quite stable enough consistently enough, though many, myself included do get problem free installs. You can't afford the risk. I'd go with the most recent 4.7 based OS. And that way yoy get to keep bbm 5.0.

+1 agreed

10char
    09-21-09 05:12 PM
    Looks like the 5.0.0.230 has been leaked. I'm assuming 50v5 will be .230 based.
    09-21-09 06:48 PM
    come get 230 kiddies =)
    09-21-09 07:24 PM
4,820 ... 160161162163164 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD