irtehun....something i have noticed with the original 5.1 build yesterday...i updated at 5:00p cst....when sending a sms message...there is a bit of lagg when i send the message...don't know if this is something that can be handled with the build or something that is a service problem....i haven't had this issue before the new OS....but maybe my Sprint is moving a little slow today.....have you heard of anything like this before...??....
    08-27-09 05:12 PM
    Sometimes when data goes in and out the phone will slow down and run rough. I get that when coverage drops and the phone goes into roaming... Not cool when I play BrickBreaker. It's trying to find a data signal... So it drains the phone's resources and runs rough and pauses the game. Try turning off all connections and try to send a sms. It will decline and say no service. But if it runs smooth, you know it's the phone just trying to sort things out when the mobile connection is turned on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 05:47 PM
    Had my first 50v1 random reboot today at work, other that than things seem pretty solid. A little glitchy here and there, boot time is still sub 3:30 that's exciting. Rebooting now from update to 50v1.1 revision. Will report back after a trip to the gym on whether Calculator and VAD are working. Donation comin as soon as the paycheck hits at midnight, irtehun! Thanks so much!!
    Last edited by verdict; 08-27-09 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Grammatical errors
    08-27-09 05:59 PM
    On 50v1.1 I got an error after pulling up a song in media player "an error has occured" or some such extremely vague thing, and then it pulled up the song as directed. It did take it an extra, oh....15 seconds?
    Just to report.
    08-27-09 06:19 PM
    Irtehun - did anyone get you Gmail Plug-in? After catching up on the thread, it appears this is an issue (not sure for which version of the hybrid)

Mattyg - what version you using on BES?

I could care less about AppWorld & FB (web access is fine, and figure I'll just have it in a tab if I go v50...

I also think my install notes should be scrapped...may spend this weekend with an FAQ (or attempt), but I think by the time it's done...a new hybrid will be upon us.

08-27-09 06:25 PM
    I would imaging that would actually work. Keep fbook open in a tab. The only issue would be it being the actual web page. That may be a little hard to see with the small screen. (I wear glasses and prefer not to wear them all the time)......but is a good idea.....

08-27-09 06:53 PM
    on 50v1.1 the button on a stereo headset does not operate Media Player/Music player.

-Stephen
    08-27-09 06:53 PM
    what is the difference between the 5.1 vs 5.2..??.....i updated last night and want to know if it is worth updating again....
    08-27-09 07:05 PM
    so my options menu still doesn't work even after loading the new one you made Irtehun. Any ideas?
    08-27-09 07:58 PM
    so my options menu still doesn't work even after loading the new one you made Irtehun. Any ideas?
    Sounds like an H2IK sequence
    08-27-09 08:02 PM
    you shrink VAD or leave it??? seem to happen if you do not shrink VAD
    08-27-09 08:05 PM
    I was going through the options in the browser with 5.0 what is the gears option? It wasn't on 4.7

08-27-09 08:07 PM
    you shrink VAD or leave it??? seem to happen if you do not shrink VAD
    so leave vad on there or take it off?
    08-27-09 08:12 PM
    kinda looks like you might be the only one with this problem...
    08-27-09 08:32 PM
    anyone else with 5.0 v1.1 not seeing AIM or MSN?
    08-27-09 08:33 PM
    I was going through the options in the browser with 5.0 what is the gears option? It wasn't on 4.7

It is Google gears I think. I haven't found any sites that use it yet.

Jay

08-27-09 08:36 PM
    anyone else with 5.0 v1.1 not seeing AIM or MSN?
    I couldn't get either of them to load from DM or download just like facebook. Probably have to wait for updated apps.

Jay

08-27-09 08:41 PM
    I downloaded the new files for the v5.2.1 and I am also getting the same error as above.

Error:

Uncaught exception
    Missing resource
    net.rim.device.apps.internal.vad.resource.VAD
    08-27-09 09:24 PM
    Update: 50 v1.1 is fantastic so far. Calculator and VAD work fine. Still as snappy as ever. Created a Media folder for pictures, videos, ringtones and voice notes. I'm still interested that they didn't have icons, but no biggie.
    Irtehun, are you having issues with Socialscope? It's working perfectly fine for me. There is one hiccup in particular where the screen goes white with just a blue bar, but that was happening since Hybrid 4.2. It's Socialscope, not the OS.
    Rebooted with 124MB available, which was interesting because 50 v1 booted with 116MB. May have been I just took more things out with ShrinkaOS though.
    Still holding out for .191!
    08-27-09 09:27 PM
    kinda looks like you might be the only one with this problem...
    Didn't his error message mention a missing VAD cod?
    Irethun the difference 50v1 and 50v1.1 is the 4 cods that we discussed? 1 calc cod and 3 vad cods?
    Last edited by gerald410; 08-27-09 at 09:32 PM.
    08-27-09 09:30 PM
    Socialscope is working fine here.

My tour has finally stopped sucking!

08-27-09 09:33 PM
    I just uploaded Tour Hybrid v5.2.1 Released (4.7.1.40 Based) and i'm getting an error message at startup on my phone: Uncaught Exception: Applicationregistry.waitfor (0xbfca09409ffe99e5) timeout

Whats this mean?? What do I need to do?? Help!

Also, it made me remove net_rim_bb_clock_lib.cod and net_rim_bb_clock.cod files prior to loading the OS on my phone.

Can someone please help?? i'm worried I have done something awful to my phone....
    08-27-09 09:34 PM
    I just uploaded Tour Hybrid v5.2.1 Released (4.7.1.40 Based) and i'm getting an error message at startup on my phone: Uncaught Exception: Applicationregistry.waitfor (0xbfca09409ffe99e5) timeout

Whats this mean?? What do I need to do?? Help!

Also, it made me remove net_rim_bb_clock_lib.cod and net_rim_bb_clock.cod files prior to loading the OS on my phone.

Can someone please help?? i'm worried I have done something awful to my phone....
    its also giving me the uncaught exception: Missing resource

HELP!
    08-27-09 09:36 PM
    Socialscope is working fine here.

My tour has finally stopped sucking!

SS caused my phone to reboot 5 times in 2 days ... only issue so far

its also giving me the uncaught exception: Missing resource

HELP!
    do you use voice activated dialing? also did you run shrink-a-os??
    08-27-09 09:39 PM
    Yes I used Shrink A OS and no I don't typically use VAD. But, what about the other exception?? I'm freaking out. I hate seeing those on my phone
    08-27-09 09:41 PM
4,820 ... 103104105106107 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD