.8 is so solid, i can't see why i'd install another one to be honest.
    well, to have saved prls would be nice, and also, to have animated images in the browser would also be nice, just my .02
    11-07-09 11:23 AM
    well, to have saved prls would be nice, and also, to have animated images in the browser would also be nice, just my .02
    Lol. I'm not with sprint so I don't have provisioning problems. And I turn off browser animations. Lol. 2 peas in a pod but distinctive and different.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 11:29 AM
    Lol. I'm not with sprint so I don't have provisioning problems. And I turn off browser animations. Lol. 2 peas in a pod but distinctive and different.

haha, ya, i guess so, but i have verizon, :P
    11-07-09 11:51 AM
    haha, ya, i guess so, but i have verizon, :P
    lol. well dang. ok then maybe so. my carrier's provisioning is good. (knock on wood)
    11-07-09 01:55 PM
    Well, I did it, I made a hybrid of my own but I got all the files mixed up so I can't exactly distribute, but I put a lot of 344 files in it and boot startup was 10 seconds faster then 7.8. I'm in love with it and its real fast, also, I put the 344 theme in as well, its nice.

11-07-09 02:24 PM
    What kind of things are changed in these hybrid OS for the tour?

11-07-09 03:19 PM
    Is the 1XEV changed to the 3G icon?

11-07-09 03:20 PM
    Reliability is pretty much all I'm seeing, also, a tad bit faster

11-07-09 03:43 PM
    Sooo I got bored with straight .230, put the most current hybrid on..have had 3 random reboots, every time I take a picture the phone freezes and reboots...phone ran PERFECT with .230...anyone having these issues?
    11-08-09 10:09 AM
    Sooo I got bored with straight .230, put the most current hybrid on..have had 3 random reboots, every time I take a picture the phone freezes and reboots...phone ran PERFECT with .230...anyone having these issues?
    no problems here captain! i rebooted this morning for the first time since i loaded .8 on friday.
    11-08-09 10:14 AM
    best yet. fixes tons of the "small" problems people found in 7.6. also, you probably saw that the vips are running .9 already. so tempting...
    Hmmmmmm.....I'll have to try it out I guess.
    11-08-09 11:38 AM
    Couple more things I just noticed...signal is crazy erratic, media player bug is horrible. I can pause/unpause and the next song still wont play right...gooooin back to .230
    11-08-09 12:50 PM
    before you do, try my hybrid with 344 files. worth a shot

rbracht's TOUR HYBRID v1.0
    11-08-09 12:52 PM
    Couple more things I just noticed...signal is crazy erratic, media player bug is horrible. I can pause/unpause and the next song still wont play right...gooooin back to .230
    Hmmmm....I'm not sure how signal is different in this version than any other version. 50v5 - 50v7.8 all use .230 radio files.
    11-08-09 02:17 PM
    hmmm no problems here and i actually reside in a town that's surrounded by 3G and with the stock os, i flipped flopped. with this hybrid, ive actually been quite solid.
    11-08-09 02:23 PM
    Here are the issues I'm seeing thus far (irtehun please chime in if you could!) ...

Certain folders like the Applications folder are displaying unusually large, pixelated icons on the home screen. I can delete the folder, and create a new folder...however when selecting a folder icon, certain icons will display correctly while other icons will display pixelated.

When installing, I wiped the phone and chose NOT to restore service books...however now I have NO option whatsoever to update Profile and PRL. The option is just not there, period.

Media folder has been redesigned, as well as the music and pictures icons...some other minor tweaks to the GUI...overall, am very impressed...the little things are making this OS that much nicer to use.

We also know that animated images in the browser aren't working, but this is no issue for me.

So, whats up with 50v7.8? Is it worth the effort? I haven't seen any comments on it so far.
    11-08-09 02:54 PM
    Here are the issues I'm seeing thus far (irtehun please chime in if you could!) ...

Certain folders like the Applications folder are displaying unusually large, pixelated icons on the home screen. I can delete the folder, and create a new folder...however when selecting a folder icon, certain icons will display correctly while other icons will display pixelated.

When installing, I wiped the phone and chose NOT to restore service books...however now I have NO option whatsoever to update Profile and PRL. The option is just not there, period.

Media folder has been redesigned, as well as the music and pictures icons...some other minor tweaks to the GUI...overall, am very impressed...the little things are making this OS that much nicer to use.

We also know that animated images in the browser aren't working, but this is no issue for me.

I have none of those issues at all. Sounds like you installed 50v7.6
    11-08-09 03:15 PM
    I have none of those issues at all. Sounds like you installed 50v7.6
    So you have the option to update PRL?
    11-08-09 03:42 PM
    So you have the option to update PRL?
    Yes I do have the "Update Preferred List/Update Profile" options with 50v7.8
    11-08-09 04:08 PM
    Yes I do have the "Update Preferred List/Update Profile" options with 50v7.8
    Ok thanks about to check it out. Thats the only that was stopping from doing it before.
    11-08-09 05:49 PM
    so far for me it looks pretty good, my load time is a bit long though... im at 5:22min...
    I remember before with 4.7 i was running at like a 3 minute startup time...
    11-08-09 10:30 PM
    Has anyone experienced any mms issues with 50v7.8? I don't have the options or settings anywhere in my phone. Re-sent service books, battery pulled, everything I could think of. I was just trying to find a fix anywhere I could.

11-09-09 12:07 PM
    hmmm no problems here and i actually reside in a town that's surrounded by 3G and with the stock os, i flipped flopped. with this hybrid, ive actually been quite solid.
    I have no issue getting 3G at all. It was going from 5 bars to no bars etc.

11-09-09 01:32 PM
    Has anyone experienced any mms issues with 50v7.8? I don't have the options or settings anywhere in my phone. Re-sent service books, battery pulled, everything I could think of. I was just trying to find a fix anywhere I could.
    Nope. No issues here. Try going to Messages then hit the menu key. there should be a Compose MMS option.

If not, try going to Messages/Menu Key/Options/General Options and set SMS and Email Inboxes to "Seperate". You should now be able to send MMS through the SMS/MMS Icon.
    11-09-09 01:40 PM
    I've tried both of these. I keep them separate. I have nothing in my phone at all for mms. No options, can't send or receive, nothing whatsoever.

11-09-09 04:00 PM
4,820 ... 184185186187188 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD