google sync isn't going to work with 50v4 as it doesn't load properly. I had a google sync error loading my backup. Irtehun is aware of the issue.

For now, either stick with v4 no Gsync, or back to v3. I really appreciate v4 with all the .230 files, but v3 was solid too, so for all Gsync people. If you can't live without it you want 50v3.
    Google sync works fine for me.
    09-19-09 10:24 AM
    right...that is so nice huh.....this new hybrid is so sweet....i think it is finally worth not having the fbook and bbm5......
    Absolutely! I've been using fbook thru the browser instead since the .191 leak, and since the hybrids just keep getting faster and faster, the m.fbook wap site is much better since it offers more options than the app does.

Since I haven't used bbm5 for more than a day or two before I upgraded, I have nothing to miss by using the 4.7

Been rockin' this OS for about an hour now, and it's incredibly fast. No glitches yet either!!
    09-19-09 10:34 AM
    google sync isn't going to work with 50v4 as it doesn't load properly. I had a google sync error loading my backup. Irtehun is aware of the issue.

For now, either stick with v4 no Gsync, or back to v3. I really appreciate v4 with all the .230 files, but v3 was solid too, so for all Gsync people. If you can't live without it you want 50v3.
    Google sync is working perfectly fine with mine also. Try signing out and then back in. Or perhaps a battery pull.
    09-19-09 10:38 AM
    So I should switch from 50v3 to 50v4 eh? I'm diggin 50v3 smooth like buttah.
    definitely!!!
    So, just to confirm:

Platform 4.2.0.43
    App Version 5.0.0.230 (355)

is what I'm looking at now that I'm running 50v4. Correct?
    Yep you did a successful install
    i got a question guys, when you plug your chargers in... do you see the normal charging icon? i dont see that at all any more...
    that's a 5.0 glitch. still charging, just no lightning bolt. set your clock to only appear while charging. this way you will know you are good if the clock is up.
    Google sync works fine for me.
    hmmm. if you had no errors loading, must just be a few of us then. irtehun got the error a few of us are experiencing. for those with gsynch, looks like a reinstall may fix.
    09-19-09 11:15 AM
    i got a question guys, when you plug your chargers in... do you see the normal charging icon? i dont see that at all any more...
    yeah...known issue with the .191 files....as long as the clock comes on....you are charging....

Absolutely! I've been using fbook thru the browser instead since the .191 leak, and since the hybrids just keep getting faster and faster, the m.fbook wap site is much better since it offers more options than the app does.

Since I haven't used bbm5 for more than a day or two before I upgraded, I have nothing to miss by using the 4.7

Been rockin' this OS for about an hour now, and it's incredibly fast. No glitches yet either!!
    ahh i agree....the site is a bit better laid out.....just a tad inconvenient having to go through a browser.....put in the wap address....etc.....but i will work with it for now til the update....
    09-19-09 11:18 AM
    yeah...known issue with the .191 files....as long as the clock comes on....you are charging....

ahh i agree....the site is a bit better laid out.....just a tad inconvenient having to go through a browser.....put in the wap address....etc.....but i will work with it for now til the update....
    oh ok nice, now does it still charge as fast? i noticed plugging it in the car it doesnt charge that fast...

EDIT: never mind, it must of been, i just got to school faster than usual so it didn't charge that much. i just checked the charge rate with the engineering screen and its 1050, same as ac at home...
    Last edited by dani190; 09-19-09 at 12:34 PM.
    09-19-09 12:29 PM
    oh ok nice, now does it still charge as fast? i noticed plugging it in the car it doesnt charge that fast...

EDIT: never mind, it must of been, i just got to school faster than usual so it didn't charge that much. i just checked the charge rate with the engineering screen and its 1050, same as ac at home...
    this is good to know for sure.....i had a strange feeling that it may be charging slower via DC charger.....but thanks for the confirmation that i am seeing crazy things too........we're all a little strange here.....aren't we....
    09-19-09 01:46 PM
    this is good to know for sure.....i had a strange feeling that it may be charging slower via DC charger.....but thanks for the confirmation that i am seeing crazy things too........we're all a little strange here.....aren't we....

LOL, well when your using a beta os you gotta be carful. Like that lightning bolt icon scared the **** outa me at first a week or 2 ago... Because i didnt see it, and my phone said low battery, i thought the os was glitching and not charging so i quickly put 4.x w.e hybrid back on lol. When in fact it was charging and it just needed some time lol...
    09-19-09 01:49 PM
    I've heard issue of installing os 5 on telus / bell. Is it ok to install v4 of the hybrid now on telus?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 03:21 PM
    I've heard issue of installing os 5 on telus / bell. Is it ok to install v4 of the hybrid now on telus?

what issues did you hear of? i have os 5 latest hybrid on my telus tour and all is good...
    09-19-09 03:40 PM
    I heard the browser was not working but it seems like an isolated incident! Thanks

09-19-09 04:12 PM
    I heard the browser was not working but it seems like an isolated incident! Thanks

nothing about the browser is no good....everything is super fast and very reliable.....just like you have come to expect from irtehun.....!!....
    09-19-09 05:17 PM
    Could I get a link to .191 please? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

09-19-09 08:08 PM
    Could I get a link to .191 please? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

send me a PIN message.....i will push you in the correct direction.......
    09-19-09 08:22 PM
    v7 is installing in the wrong folder.... 9630-v4.7.1.42_P4.1.0.47 instead of 9630-v4.7.1.53_P4.1.0.65
    Last edited by RobNyc; 09-19-09 at 08:30 PM.
    09-19-09 08:27 PM
    If your looking for a .191 OS leak. Add me on BBM. I will push you in the correct direction. Can't keep posting PMs in here. BBM is much easier!

09-19-09 09:02 PM
    definitely!!!
    If you say so! Always trust the man with the cigar in his avatar haha! I could not get Google Sync to work with 50v3 for some reason. Going to m.google.com/sync doesn't work. It loads a page, but there is no download link or anything

What were the changes made from 50v3 to 50v4?
    09-19-09 09:17 PM
    so i've been out of the loop for a few days. hows this tread rolling along???
    09-20-09 11:26 AM
    Its been a bit flat for me I guess it's to be expected
    09-20-09 12:27 PM
    Usual q's and how to's. You haven't missed much. How was that wedding?

09-20-09 01:04 PM
    OK, got 3 questions. I'm running 50v4 on .191.

1) is anyone else having issues with their browser not recognising that their device is a BB ?

2) does anyone have the google sync app or a link to download it ?( not from m.google.com/sync as issue #1 comes into play )

3) why does my media icon say net_rim_bb_file_explorer.Media instead of " media ". This is the only icon that does this.

Thanks.
    09-20-09 01:53 PM
    Usual q's and how to's. You haven't missed much. How was that wedding?

good ... drank a lot
    09-20-09 03:01 PM
    want to ask...
    after i run 50v4 on .191., there is a problem that occur in my tour.
    - when I use some app (like speedtest) it say: unable to connect to network. connection with server could not be established, check "mobile network" connection. the point is they all said unable to connect!!!!!
    - when I check my services status, my BIS connection not connected???

can anybody help me??
    thx
    09-20-09 04:02 PM
    want to ask...
    after i run 50v4 on .191., there is a problem that occur in my tour.
    - when I use some app (like speedtest) it say: unable to connect to network. connection with server could not be established, check "mobile network" connection. the point is they all said unable to connect!!!!!
    - when I check my services status, my BIS connection not connected???

can anybody help me??
    thx
    go to options, advanced options, host routing table and do a register now then log into the BIS either web or on your phone (email settings) then resend service books. try to pull the battery after all of that and you should hopefully be all set.
    09-20-09 04:20 PM
    go to options, advanced options, host routing table and do a register now then log into the BIS either web or on your phone (email settings) then resend service books. try to pull the battery after all of that and you should hopefully be all set.
    Thx, problem solved..
    Thx again

09-21-09 12:58 AM
4,820 ... 159160161162163 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD