You cant go to phone and dial ##000000 it calls instead of bringing up the program menu

as for update wait til i fix this, and there have been 3 revisions
    thanks for the info. i figured that was it, but just wanted to make sure.

i look forward to the fix! thanks again.
    08-17-09 08:57 AM
    Problem is almost fixed. testing it one more time before i upload the fixes
    08-17-09 09:17 AM
    Problem is almost fixed. testing it one more time before i upload the fixes
    I was just about to upgrade to this beta. You uploading the fixes today? If so, I'll wait.
    08-17-09 09:53 AM
    OK all updates uploaded. Got to bbhybrids to download. Check the downloads section. Tour Hybrid v4.2.1 i will update front page when i get home
    08-17-09 09:58 AM
    mine is working also.
    I'm able to receive mms as well.
    08-17-09 10:13 AM
    OK all updates uploaded. Got to bbhybrids to download. Check the downloads section. Tour Hybrid v4.2.1 i will update front page when i get home
    can you up the fix as so to avoid reinstalling irtehun?
    Once I get to the program menu (to verify fix), I can just exit without any harm?
    Entered ## 786 and got msl window which I take is a good sign lol is that correct?
    Last edited by gerald410; 08-17-09 at 10:45 AM.
    08-17-09 10:17 AM
    i will try this too but I updated to the hybrid yesterday and since then have been having problems sending SMS.. I get "SMS Error 3 - Network Problems when i have full service.. i had never gotten this error before yesterday...
    08-17-09 10:21 AM
    Anyone want to do a quick how-to for people running older versions of the 4.2 hybrid to upgrade to the newest version released today?
    08-17-09 10:56 AM
    Anyone want to do a quick how-to for people running older versions of the 4.2 hybrid to upgrade to the newest version released today?
    The very 1st post provides very detailed instructions on how to install(different version same process). In the future it might be easier if the actual file or files be uploaded as well so that they can be added manually (crackutil) as to avoid a complete reinstall.
    08-17-09 11:07 AM
    i will try this too but I updated to the hybrid yesterday and since then have been having problems sending SMS.. I get "SMS Error 3 - Network Problems when i have full service.. i had never gotten this error before yesterday...
    Network Problems = carrier side issue

if you already have 4.2 installed on your PC still just download and run the installer, shrink, and launch loader.exe. it will most likely show up as a downgrade, but that is what you want.
    08-17-09 11:07 AM
    Network Problems = carrier side issue

if you already have 4.2 installed on your PC still just download and run the installer, shrink, and launch loader.exe. it will most likely show up as a downgrade, but that is what you want.
    Agreed
    the change log is just the one file Matt?
    08-17-09 11:10 AM
    I would echo this. Apparently it's a carrier side issue, from comments by the smart guys in this forum, but I thought it worth a mention.

-Stephen
    08-17-09 11:25 AM
    i installed the first beta and everything seemed fine...i broke my screen and by the time a new one was mail 4.2 was out....i installed it lastnight/thismorning and when i send a SMS they all seem to come up as a red X in the message box however opening the message theres a check in the corner and if i hit resend it goes to a check (im not sure if its sending 2 messages)
    08-17-09 12:06 PM
    actually when sms-ing someone who also has verizon it goes through but the one who keeps X-ing is on tmobile....
    08-17-09 12:29 PM
    S/MIME Support....is this a necessary file to keep or shrink?
    08-17-09 01:37 PM
    also...when you actually do a FULL wipe of your device....does it make the phone even quicker....i am thinking that if it overwrites the files...maybe there is something that doesn't get completed 100%....if do you do a full wipe....there is no choice but to have the new good files.....
    08-17-09 01:50 PM
    actually when sms-ing someone who also has verizon it goes through but the one who keeps X-ing is on tmobile....
    did you register your host routing tables and resend service books then battery pull???

S/MIME Support....is this a necessary file to keep or shrink?
    that is only use in some BES environments

also...when you actually do a FULL wipe of your device....does it make the phone even quicker....i am thinking that if it overwrites the files...maybe there is something that doesn't get completed 100%....if do you do a full wipe....there is no choice but to have the new good files.....
    its always worth a shot ... i sometimes like to start with a clean install.
    08-17-09 03:26 PM
    seems like the SMS error was network related, it's been all good since then. Only issue i've noticed is i've lost some functionality with QuickLaunch. Pictures/Media shortcuts won't load..
    08-17-09 06:50 PM
    This is great now i installed the hybrid and my appworld disappears..anyone have this same issue or what?..
    08-17-09 07:21 PM
    Is everyone on Hybrid with BBM5 no longer having problems sending receiving messages. I had the hybrid 4.1 and BBM was horrible.
    08-17-09 09:43 PM
    seems like the SMS error was network related, it's been all good since then. Only issue i've noticed is i've lost some functionality with QuickLaunch. Pictures/Media shortcuts won't load..
    hmmm my QL works fine

This is great now i installed the hybrid and my appworld disappears..anyone have this same issue or what?..
    if it is still listed in options, advanced options, application uninstall it then go download it again

Is everyone on Hybrid with BBM5 no longer having problems sending receiving messages. I had the hybrid 4.1 and BBM was horrible.
    i think that was just a BBM/RIM issue .... people on every model phone were having those issues. definintely more solid now.
    08-17-09 10:09 PM
    Glad to see that the SMS errors seem to be network related. I have another problem though. With the hybrid, Facebook notification settings don't exist. AKA, I can't set what sound to play when I get a Facebook message.

*Just realized AIM doesn't work either...
    08-17-09 10:42 PM
    Glad to see that the SMS errors seem to be network related. I have another problem though. With the hybrid, Facebook notification settings don't exist. AKA, I can't set what sound to play when I get a Facebook message.

*Just realized AIM doesn't work either...
    i don't use AIM or Facebook on my BB, but my sounds for SocialScope and Ubertwitter all work. have you tried a battery pull or uninstalling/reinstalling the apps?
    08-17-09 10:50 PM
    Hmmm what am I doing wrong? I had to swap my bb today and as soon I came back home I hook my BB and start to upgrade...
    First try: was all mess up, all the icon were really small, font was all mess up too. I said something went wrong DUH!

Second try: Then I ran the loader again and after updating all I have is a white screen.

third try: After that I uninstalled everything and cleaned all folders, then reinstall all over again BB desktop, 4.7 and last 4.2v...

Same deal still getting a white screen... any clues? Sprint here I come....again! lol
    08-17-09 10:58 PM
    i don't use AIM or Facebook on my BB, but my sounds for SocialScope and Ubertwitter all work. have you tried a battery pull or uninstalling/reinstalling the apps?
    Yep, tried both.
    08-17-09 11:10 PM
4,820 ... 7172737475 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD