You do learn hard lessons!

My memory ran low and my tour deleted most of my SMS and even my BBM chat histories. I had backed up about 2 weeks ago...and i can access those files/histories when i reload. Is there a way to merge the SMS/histories from the 2 week old IPD with that of my current one? I know how to access the content via notepad but i would like to see if i can combined what i do have access in my backup with the content in my phone. Can the code in the files can me merged manually.

I was fiddling with my phone (and perhaps before I did a battery pull) a search found an SMS message from a thread that it had deleted...makes me wonder what is archived/hidden after it's deleted and if there is a backdoor here.

Since then the phone has been sluggish. I will wipe off the phone and do clean reinstall but I want to see if there is anything I should try with returning my lost content before i do this.
    Please help!
    thanks!!!

S
    05-24-11 05:55 PM
    You do learn hard lessons!

My memory ran low and my tour deleted most of my SMS and even my BBM chat histories. I had backed up about 2 weeks ago...and i can access those files/histories when i reload. Is there a way to merge the SMS/histories from the 2 week old IPD with that of my current one? I know how to access the content via notepad but i would like to see if i can combined what i do have access in my backup with the content in my phone. Can the code in the files can me merged manually.

I was fiddling with my phone (and perhaps before I did a battery pull) a search found an SMS message from a thread that it had deleted...makes me wonder what is archived/hidden after it's deleted and if there is a backdoor here.

Since then the phone has been sluggish. I will wipe off the phone and do clean reinstall but I want to see if there is anything I should try with returning my lost content before i do this.
    Please help!
    thanks!!!

S
    I don't believe that there is anyway for you to merge this content you want although I would do a DM backup before the wipe and reinstall of your OS. I know thhis might not be what you are hoping for but also I would have posted this in the Tour 9630 section where a Moderator or someone else might see this and help you.... Best of luck
    05-24-11 06:08 PM
    Sounds like you should get into the habit of cleaning up your Tour, delete or archive apsp you don't use to memory card, clear browser/facebook/twitter/maps cache regularly, enable memory cleaning, delete some emails from the handset, connect to DM and delete attachment data and call logs every once in a while.
    Also you can email yourself sms/bbm conversations if you want and delete them from hanset.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-11 05:46 AM
    I don't believe that there is anyway for you to merge this content you want although I would do a DM backup before the wipe and reinstall of your OS. I know thhis might not be what you are hoping for but also I would have posted this in the Tour 9630 section where a Moderator or someone else might see this and help you.... Best of luck
    I'll move it.
    05-25-11 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD