Okay, so I've been having these problems on the regular 5.0.0.230 as well as the various hybrids from bbhybrids and I wanted to see if anyone else had these problems.

The first one is that I will have to select a name two different times to start composing a message from the quick address book. That is, if I start typing letters on the home screen, find a name, and then click the option for creating a message (email, sms, doesn't matter) then it will actually send me to my calls screen. I have to back out of that and reselect my option for it to go to the compose message screen.

The second problem I have is that my device will lag considerably when writing SMS messages in the 'chat' view, especially when it decides to start a new line and expands the text box. It will lock up the device for a few seconds before it comes back and writes the stuff I had written.

Does anyone know of any solutions to these? Right now I'm running 50v7.15 from bbhybrids, but this problem has existed for me since the original leak.
    01-03-10 01:40 PM
    The first one is that I will have to select a name two different times to start composing a message from the quick address book. That is, if I start typing letters on the home screen, find a name, and then click the option for creating a message (email, sms, doesn't matter) then it will actually send me to my calls screen. I have to back out of that and reselect my option for it to go to the compose message screen.
    I believe this is a consistent bug in .230. Many people have complained about it. I compose my SMS this way and have no issues . --> go into messages folder, menu, compose SMS, type name and click OK. Might be annoying at first but once you get used to it you won't even notice.
    01-03-10 01:45 PM
    I don't have either of these. I've been on .230 for about a month and 7.15 since Xmas.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 04:32 PM
    I don't have either of these. I've been on .230 for about a month and 7.15 since Xmas.

That's so weird. It almost makes me wonder if it is something caused by an app or.... something? I dunno. Maybe I should uninstall 5.0.0.230 from my computer, downgrade to an older version, and reinstall .230 and the hybrid?
    01-03-10 04:34 PM
    Yup. 7.14 never worked for me so I went back to .230 until 7.15 came out. These are the first hybrids I ever tried.

01-03-10 04:43 PM
    I have the same exact problems...I am hoping there is a fix for it soon.
    01-03-10 04:45 PM
    Just go in the way I said above, that should be a significant workaround for the issue, for now.
    01-03-10 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD