Hi guys! I just installed the 5.0.0.591 OS a few hours ago for my tour (with verizon) on my Mac BB desktop manager, and I'm noticing that some of the apps that I previously thought were standard on blackberry phones are now missing from my phone after the upgrade. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem, or if anyone knows a solution?

The ones I have noticed that are missing so far are:
    - Maps
    - Tasks
    - Notes (or whatever that little memopad thing was called)
    - Keyboard lock

I thought I had read that the keyboard lock is in fact all gone, but the maps being gone seems very odd to me since I thought that was one of the applications receiving the most revamping???

My 3rd party apps were also gone, but this is not as mystifying to me and I can just redownload them. I am not exactly a BB guru so simpler terms would be fantastic

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
    03-30-10 03:58 PM
    On the application screen, scroll over any icon >hit menu >Show all. See if it's just hidden. Have you looked through all of your folders? Also go to Options >Applications and see if they are listed. If they are, they're installed, if not listed, they're not installed...
    03-30-10 04:03 PM
    Yes, I have checked the "show all/hide" and the folders about a million times thinking that I must be going crazy! The icons are nowhere to be seen.

In the applications list, I don't see them specifically installed - but are they maybe listed under the "core applications" or something else (not specifically by themselves)? I'm still learning my way around the new applications list...
    03-30-10 04:10 PM
    Also, earlier I thought that maybe the map application was simply not on the phone anywhere. So I redownloaded it OTA... and I still don't see it anywhere...

I have downloaded a bunch of things OTA before so I'm at least vaguely familiar with that and I thought I had done things right.

I also just read about application permissions and set my defaults all to "allow" hoping that this would make the applications magically pop up, but no luck there. I might try redownloading it again just to see.
    03-30-10 04:13 PM
    Yes, I have checked the "show all/hide" and the folders about a million times thinking that I must be going crazy! The icons are nowhere to be seen.

In the applications list, I don't see them specifically installed - but are they maybe listed under the "core applications" or something else (not specifically by themselves)? I'm still learning my way around the new applications list...
    They should be listed under "Add On" in the applications list, if not they are not installed on the device, hook up to Desktop Manager >Run Apploader to add or remove applications. Put a check mark in the boxes for the application you want, hit next and they will install...
    03-30-10 04:14 PM
    lol sorry i'm catch you on multiple threads. my dumb question was: is apploader something within the Mac DM? i have checked the applications tab in the DM and now nothing is there either (with the exception of app world, which i just redownloaded).
    but if the apploader is somewhere else then i will definitely have to check that
    03-30-10 04:18 PM
    I now see that when I did the OTA download of the maps app earlier, its in my 'add ons' as "lbs ribbon, v 0.9" .... any idea wtf that means? I got it from the BB mobile site so that seems weird... lol
    03-30-10 04:20 PM
    I'm missing all games

The DM app loader (on Mac) doesn't work the way it used to

It only shows 3rd party apps now, not an entire list

Is there anyway to change this
    I typically go in and uninstall language packs that are unnecessary for me

This new OS is much more trouble than it's worth
    For every new streamlined features there's a surprise disappointment waiting to happen
    04-01-10 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD