I just installed a base 5.0.0303 with the new .15 hybrid and a 5.0.0.191 radio file on my Tour. Everything seems to have installed fine, and after using Shrink an OS I currently have 146.1 MB free. Thats the most I have ever seen.

The problem is the browser. It wont load any pages. I see the loading of data and images, but the websites wont show up. The browser just stays on the blank white screen. Any suggestions?

My next try will be using the .230 radio file with a base .303. Otherwise I will just go back to using the 5.0.0.230 OS.
    12-26-09 02:30 AM
    No help for the browser?
    12-26-09 03:59 AM
    I have the exact same setup in my Tour and I have absolutely no issues with the browser, so no suggestions ona fix. Does the browser not work with any sites? Mobile ones as well?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 05:58 AM
    I've got the same setup, too, and it works fine for me. Maybe try wiping and reloading?
    12-26-09 07:23 AM
    I just installed a base 5.0.0303 with the new .15 hybrid and a 5.0.0.191 radio file on my Tour. Everything seems to have installed fine, and after using Shrink an OS I currently have 146.1 MB free. Thats the most I have ever seen.

The problem is the browser. It wont load any pages. I see the loading of data and images, but the websites wont show up. The browser just stays on the blank white screen. Any suggestions?

My next try will be using the .230 radio file with a base .303. Otherwise I will just go back to using the 5.0.0.230 OS.
    122 is the most MB I've ever seen free after shrinking and loading. You may have shrunk some of the browser components out. If you have 35 minutes free I would just reinstall the base .303 to your PC, reinstall the 7.15 hybrid, swap to the .191 radio then re-shrink the OS and then reload. Just my opinion.
    12-26-09 09:01 AM
    I figured out the problem. By default Shrink an OS had the the box for the removal of the default fonts checked. This created the problems for the browser. Someone in the thread for the hybrid 7.15 confirmed that by un-selecting the default fonts box the browser began working for them.

Also, I agree with everyone else. The 5.0.0.191 radio file works better than the 5.0.0.230 radio file. My calls are much clearer now.

Happy Christmas/New Years everyone.
    12-26-09 09:52 PM
    Can someone post a link to all the downloads I would need to install .303 with a .191 radio and a 7.15 hybrid. I can't seem to locate them.

Or if someone wants to send them to me please pm me.

Thanks for all the help, happy holidays to all of you and your families
    12-26-09 11:02 PM
    ok, heres the thing, you install 303 on your computer, then you direct the hybrid 7.15 to the 303 folder... guess what happens.. its overwrites everything so the base is still 230/238... i dont get why you people think it is a 303 hybrid.. its not, view the date on the files, they are not the 10/09/09 files (that would be 303 files) there is like 10 files that are listed as that, so you guys are actually still running with the 230/238 base, hope this clears everything up
    12-26-09 11:35 PM
    ok, heres the thing, you install 303 on your computer, then you direct the hybrid 7.15 to the 303 folder... guess what happens.. its overwrites everything so the base is still 230/238... i dont get why you people think it is a 303 hybrid.. its not, view the date on the files, they are not the 10/09/09 files (that would be 303 files) there is like 10 files that are listed as that, so you guys are actually still running with the 230/238 base, hope this clears everything up
    I think that's incorrect. The base is just that, a base. As the hybrids evolve, more and more 5.0 files are coming from various builds. The hybrid contains the mix of all the different mixed & matched 5.0 files. They are not .230 files. If they were from .230, then you would not need to install the hybrid over .230... Hybrids use a base to provide a few non-changed files and then swap the other base files with ones provided by the hybrid.

Yes, when you install the hybrid, most of the files are changed, but the few that are not modified are the ones from the base you've installed (in this case, .303).
    12-27-09 07:43 AM
    Can someone post a link to all the downloads I would need to install .303 with a .191 radio and a 7.15 hybrid. I can't seem to locate them.

Or if someone wants to send them to me please pm me.

Thanks for all the help, happy holidays to all of you and your families
    heres a post that was in the 7.15 thread...btw you will be happy with this i did it just because most hybrids and new leaks for the tour havent been too much different than the ones before...in quickness and stuff but this set up is seriously the bomb...quick fast everything and i have 124.6mb free after shrinking it and everything so to address the main problem i cant help you because mine is shrunk down more than yours (or have less apps) and my internet works fine and is mega fast. anyways on to the great .303/.191radio/7.15 hybrid frankenstein OS instructions:

Here is the easiest instructions to swap radios manually!

• Download 5.0.0.191 HERE
    • Download V7.15 HERE
    • Download 5.0.0.230 HERE
    • Install .230 on your computer
    • Install .191 on your computer
    • Install the hybrid
    • The hybrid will open up Shrink-A-OS for you
    • Shrink whatever your heart desires
    • Don't close out of S.A.OS
    • Goto c:\program files\common files\Research In Motion\shared\loader files
    • Goto the CDMA folder in .191
    • Copy the .191 CDMA folder
    • Goto .230 folder
    • Delete the .230 CDMA folder
    • Paste the .191 CDMA folder
    • Go back to S.A.OS
    • Then select Loader
    • Wait for it to load
    • Then your set!

If I am wrong with any of these steps, please feel free to correct me.....Thanks!
    just change the 3rd step of downloading .230 for downloading .303 here:

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    Last edited by X_RUNNIN; 12-27-09 at 08:59 AM.
    12-27-09 08:57 AM
    I think that's incorrect. The base is just that, a base. As the hybrids evolve, more and more 5.0 files are coming from various builds. The hybrid contains the mix of all the different mixed & matched 5.0 files. They are not .230 files. If they were from .230, then you would not need to install the hybrid over .230... Hybrids use a base to provide a few non-changed files and then swap the other base files with ones provided by the hybrid.

Yes, when you install the hybrid, most of the files are changed, but the few that are not modified are the ones from the base you've installed (in this case, .303).
    Installing the 7.15 hybrid overwrites all but 3 .303 files. When installing 7.16 hybrid, all .303 files are gone. So this mythical .303 base hybrid will soon be nonexistent.

The only .303 files that are being left behind are the ones associated with the stock theme.
    12-27-09 11:58 AM
    Installing the 7.15 hybrid overwrites all but 3 .303 files. When installing 7.16 hybrid, all .303 files are gone. So this mythical .303 base hybrid will soon be nonexistent.

The only .303 files that are being left behind are the ones associated with the stock theme.
    I'm correct, though, since I'm talking about 7.15. I've never taken the time to see exactly which files are included with the hybrid, but I imagine it's still required to install a base with the 7.16 (if nothing else for the CDMA folder, perhaps). Not certain, since I don't have access to 7.16 yet.
    12-27-09 01:21 PM
    I'm correct, though, since I'm talking about 7.15. I've never taken the time to see exactly which files are included with the hybrid, but I imagine it's still required to install a base with the 7.16 (if nothing else for the CDMA folder, perhaps). Not certain, since I don't have access to 7.16 yet.
    The CDMA defaults to .230 as all of the 7.xx hybrids are meant to install over a .230 base. However, easily swappable. There were some .303 files that were usable and they were included in earlier hybrids, however, these have been replaced with higher modules as they provided more stability than the .303 modules.

I assure you, if there was anything usable from .303 that made a significant difference, they would still be included. However, different strokes for different folks. If you notice loading over a .303 base makes a big difference for you, then more power to you. I'm just telling you the facts of what actually resides after loading a hybrid.
    12-27-09 01:37 PM
    The CDMA defaults to .230 as all of the 7.xx hybrids are meant to install over a .230 base. However, easily swappable. There were some .303 files that were usable and they were included in earlier hybrids, however, these have been replaced with higher modules as they provided more stability than the .303 modules.

I assure you, if there was anything usable from .303 that made a significant difference, they would still be included. However, different strokes for different folks. If you notice loading over a .303 base makes a big difference for you, then more power to you. I'm just telling you the facts of what actually resides after loading a hybrid.
    IDK if there's a difference of using a .230 base vs .303. I have been using the .230 base for a while and decided to switch things up, so I used the .303 when I installed 7.15. I'm also using the .191 radio, so the .230 radio isn't being used on my phone, either.
    12-27-09 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD