hmm first off I can clear downloads, which is great. BUT seems that individual email folders are all fracked for me. Hide one and its hides them all. Can't move them to a folder either? Not sure I'll be hanging onto this build.
    I had this issue when I upgraded last night at about 2:30. Still had gmail acting funny (showing up where ever it felt like showing up, and couldn't be moved to my email folder) this morning when I got up. then, at about 9:30 this morning, the "extra" gmail icon had disappeared, and all icons/folders were behaving properly.

Now the only bugs i've seen are notification oddness (shows i have new notifications, then when I click the header it says no notifications), and my portrait virtual keyboard has said it shutdown and had to restart several times (four during one email response). It pauses then comes back up in about three seconds.
    08-17-10 10:07 AM
    I can't remember if it was the same on .141 but:

I went to wapforums.crackberry.com and scrolled halfway down the page. Then I chose the 9800 link. After loading I hit back. It returned me to the first page and put me halfway down - not at the top.
    Awesome - thanks for verifying that for me.
    08-17-10 10:10 AM
    Loaded it this morning....

'Tin' sound gone....
    Much faster all around......
    08-17-10 10:48 AM
    Here is what I found yesterday but quickly figured it out.

When you click on pictures it takes you to media and you have to click on pictures again to gain access to your pics.

The problem was it threw me off for a bit as I was in the all menu and could not find my mail, sms etc.. you see in the all menu. I thought everything disappeared but in reality all I needed to do is go back one. I rebooted the first time and everything was the way it should have been, I went to pictures, took me to media and again I knew that I was displaying all but was actually in media. Went back one and all was good.

So for now when you click on pics, it is a two step process which is probably a bug?
    08-17-10 10:56 AM
    I loaded this last night. Seems to be better than the .141 but I was having all sorts of issues with appworld. When i tried to re-install a 3rd party app from appworld the phone would reboot by itself. I had to remove appworld and reinstall it and it seems ok now. I also have been getting an input system error every once in a while when using the virtual keyboard. I did a wipe this morning and reloaded but I have still had it come up a few times. Not sure what that is from????
    08-17-10 11:05 AM
    I updated last night. Haven't had too much of a chance to see what's what but here are a few of my first impressions:

The "tinny" sound is all but gone, but I still notice it a bit. My 9700 never had this issue. Very annoying. This build definitely helps though.

Pressing the trackpad in to select an app opens up the context menu (like pressing and holding down on the touchscreen). This isn't so much a problem I guess but I'd like to see an option to enable/disable it. I went through the phone for quite some time looking for an option, yet I didn't see anything. Hopefully someone can enlighten me.
    08-17-10 12:03 PM
    does anyone have a link? The link from the front page was taken down
    08-17-10 12:08 PM
    I updated last night. Haven't had too much of a chance to see what's what but here are a few of my first impressions:

The "tinny" sound is all but gone, but I still notice it a bit. My 9700 never had this issue. Very annoying. This build definitely helps though.

Pressing the trackpad in to select an app opens up the context menu (like pressing and holding down on the touchscreen). This isn't so much a problem I guess but I'd like to see an option to enable/disable it. I went through the phone for quite some time looking for an option, yet I didn't see anything. Hopefully someone can enlighten me.
    My tinny sound is gone too.

Pressing the trackpad to select an app works fine for me. Opens the app. This persists for you even after a battery pull?
    08-17-10 12:58 PM
    The only (possible) bug I've found is bbm group post notifications are showing up in bbm as well as the group.
    Anyone know why? I can't seem to turn it off.

*sorry for the dup post. Didn't seem to get a response in another thread.
    08-17-10 01:01 PM
    loaded .161 with no issues.
    noticed that BBM is ver 5.0.1.37 so tried to upgrade to 5.0.1.38 and when 9800 rebooted to complete install got "app error 603"

did a wipe and reinstalled OS ...161 and upgraded BBM again to 5.0.1.38 and same result.

gonna stick with OS .141 for now
    08-17-10 02:45 PM
    Anyone who has loaded this new version also have a Mac? I'm interested to know if it solves the contact syncing issue on OS X we've been discussing in another thread.
    08-17-10 03:34 PM
    I also see that I have the "notification" issue. I believe it has to do with the lag I get when opening the notification screen.

Like others items do not appear in my notification bar until I open it.

Then once I open it, there's a bit of lag as it tries to populate the data.

Quite annoying but I'll stick with .161 until another leak comes our way.
    08-17-10 03:41 PM
    I also see that I have the "notification" issue. I believe it has to do with the lag I get when opening the notification screen.

Like others items do not appear in my notification bar until I open it.

Then once I open it, there's a bit of lag as it tries to populate the data.

Quite annoying but I'll stick with .161 until another leak comes our way.
    well i notice a notifications issue with ver .141 as well - items seem to "hang" there even after youve viewed them.
    08-17-10 03:47 PM
    Is this what we have to resort to waiting for another O.S. to see what's wrong with it. Version .8xx will be right aroud the corner hopefuly

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-10 03:57 PM
    Best new feature of this build when I hit the mute button it no longer brings up the "manage connections" window like I am pretty positive it did in .141. When I would go to put it into a holster it would always have the manage connection menu up when I took it out because i hit it on the way into the holster.

That coupled with the loss of tinny audio of my local voice on calls and snappier feels means I am sticking to this beta.
    I'm still on .141 until tonight... and when I hit the mute key.. O dont get "manage connections"
    08-17-10 04:01 PM
    What files to replace from .141 to get .34 BBM in this version? I've heard .38BBM doesn't have the voice note feature?

Thanks in advance.
    08-17-10 04:10 PM
    My tinny sound is gone too.

Pressing the trackpad to select an app works fine for me. Opens the app. This persists for you even after a battery pull?
    YES. This is very annoying! Is anyone else encountering this?
    08-17-10 04:16 PM
    No issues here.
    08-17-10 05:13 PM
    Downgrading after trying for 24hrs, definitely a significant lag compared to 141
    08-17-10 06:21 PM
    The browser shortcuts were all working fine for me in .141 after I enabled browser shortcuts in the options - they were disabled by default for some reason.
    I changed that setting in .141 and it didn't do the trick for me. Interesting. Glad it is back, none the less.
    08-17-10 06:24 PM
    You might just want to try re-installing the OS. This does not appear to be a widespread problem. At this point you may as well!
    08-17-10 06:30 PM
    I'm not sure if it was my OS switch to .161 or SOP for the Torch, but my battery was completely drained by 1pm today. It was the second day I used the phone during a normal work day, but I didn't use it as heavily as I did my 9700. The battery drain is a real deal breaker for me. Anyone else notice notice a significant drain on the battery with the .161 upgrade?
    08-17-10 06:32 PM
    Battery problem may be unrelated. I had to swap mine yesterday for the same thing. Mine was dead after 6 hours. Was told they had a problem with some of them not charging completely. Haven't had a problem with the new one today.
    08-17-10 07:20 PM
    Battery problem may be unrelated. I had to swap mine yesterday for the same thing. Mine was dead after 6 hours. Was told they had a problem with some of them not charging completely. Haven't had a problem with the new one today.
    Also could be a botched install. Since everyone isn't complaining about the battery I'm guessing it's not a widespread problem.
    08-17-10 07:24 PM
    I haven't done the install. Mine was simply a faulty berry.
    08-17-10 07:27 PM
129 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD