So I took the dive to .230 after reading about it for a long while. Found a few issues with it, but hopefully I have worked around it...

I have the issue where it does not charge via USB (or at least it tells me I cant do it), but I enabled Mass storage mode and can access all my media. I also wanted to see if I could connect to DM and, yep, I can.

Should I be overly concerned about the USB issue?

On a side note...I'm thinking about going the hybrid mode now that I have done the leg work of getting .230 on my phone, any advice?
    11-29-09 05:28 PM
    nah go for it, hybrid is a pretty good os and the battery life works its kinks out as the days go by when you first install....
    11-29-09 05:29 PM
    .230 is great, the usb charging issue happens sometimes but I just unplug and replug and its fixed. I have heard good things about the hybrid, thinking of checking it out myself!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 05:38 PM
    i installed the hybrid on my blackberry after installing .230. its very fast, and great. i haven't had any real problems yet to date. i have had it for about a week.
    11-29-09 05:40 PM
    i have had the same problems charging with the usb. i tried unplugging and replugging but it still charges incredibly slow (5-6hrs = 10% charge)
    11-29-09 06:33 PM
    .230 is great, the usb charging issue happens sometimes but I just unplug and replug and its fixed. I have heard good things about the hybrid, thinking of checking it out myself!

So your battery life got better as the days went by? The first couple days I had the hybrid on my battery life was amazing. However, I wiped and reinstalled again and so far the battery life has sucked. It's only been a day though so I'm hopeful from reading what you said.
    11-29-09 06:39 PM
    nah go for it, hybrid is a pretty good os and the battery life works its kinks out as the days go by when you first install....
    So your battery life got better as the days went by? The first couple days I had the hybrid on my battery life was amazing. However, I wiped and reinstalled again and so far the battery life has sucked. It's only been a day though so I'm hopeful from reading what you said.
    Edit/Delete Message
    11-29-09 06:40 PM
    So I took the dive to .230 after reading about it for a long while. Found a few issues with it, but hopefully I have worked around it...

I have the issue where it does not charge via USB (or at least it tells me I cant do it), but I enabled Mass storage mode and can access all my media. I also wanted to see if I could connect to DM and, yep, I can.

Should I be overly concerned about the USB issue?

On a side note...I'm thinking about going the hybrid mode now that I have done the leg work of getting .230 on my phone, any advice?
    The Hybrid is great. The only advice I can give you is to delete 5.0 off of your computer and then do a fresh install of it and install the hybrid over it prior to running the loader file. I originally had .230 on my phone and just installed the hybrid on top and it wasn't as good as having it all set on the computer first and then wiping and installing it at once.
    11-29-09 06:42 PM
    The Hybrid is great. The only advice I can give you is to delete 5.0 off of your computer and then do a fresh install of it and install the hybrid over it prior to running the loader file. I originally had .230 on my phone and just installed the hybrid on top and it wasn't as good as having it all set on the computer first and then wiping and installing it at once.
    What he said. The hybrid seems better than straight .230.
    11-29-09 06:51 PM
    There is a chance that your batt prob is to do with this new enhanced gmail app. It never quits running!

You can delete, if that's your case, but it ain't all tHat easy.

11-29-09 08:57 PM
    There is a chance that your batt prob is to do with this new enhanced gmail app. It never quits running!

You can delete, if that's your case, but it ain't all tHat easy.

sure it's easy, just open up the java folder inside the OS files and delete it.
    11-29-09 09:09 PM
    Edit/Delete Message
    yeah the first couple of days the battery life was terrible and I was on the verge of going back to 4.7 but then i read a few post up here and people were telling me wait a few days for the kinks to work out on the tour and hybrid and then the next fews days the battery got better, i can make it about 1.5 days on 1 charge with moderate use....
    11-29-09 09:40 PM
    It's 11:09 PM here on the east coast, and I haven't had my tour plugged in since sometime yesterday morning. To be fair, I haven't used it much in the last day or two, but I'm running the latest irtehun hybrid, with GPS on, backlight at 100, timeout 30, Bluetooth OFF, and battery strength is 35% according to alt-shift-H
    11-29-09 10:11 PM
    So I actually have since moved on to the hybrid v7.11 and I cannot say enough how GREAT, OUTSTANDING, etc it actually is. Blazing fast compared to what I had on the Tour originally. I actually started the switch to the hybrid before reading about removing the 5.0 I had before (like a few others recommended) but if/when I need to reload this hybrid back on to the phone, I will give that a try for sure.

Thank you all for helping me take that next step. Once again, the crackberry community proves successful.
    11-29-09 11:20 PM
    where are you guys getting the .230 from?
    thanks
    11-30-09 05:22 AM
    where are you guys getting the .230 from?
    thanks
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    11-30-09 07:21 AM
    I took ska11153's advice and ran the 5.0.0.230 executable and then Irtehun's 50v7.11 before I connected my phone. It worked like a charm! Everything was laid down together and it fit like a glove. It has been running great since, and I haven't noticed the issue someone stated (in another thread I believe) about having to run a PRL update every time the battery is pulled. Not that I've had to perform a battery pull since just after my install, but I did one just to check. My PRL had stayed put.
    12-01-09 03:32 AM
    I've got a Verizon Tour. Since I installed the hybrid OS, my phone's MTP mode doesn't work correctly any more. If I attach it with MTP mode enabled and try to sync music licenses from Rhapsody, my phone consistently reboots. Also, if I plug a headphone cable into my car's AUX input, it only plays the first song through the speakers, if I skip manually, the music starts playing through the handset and the only way to switch it back is to unplug, and replug it back in. Anyone else having this problem?
    12-01-09 03:34 PM
    yes the media player is flawed in .230...everyone is aware of the issue
    12-01-09 06:19 PM
    I had a huge issue and was wondering if anyone else did? I loaded it and loved it, until I crossed into the US from Canada. Then the phone just kept shutting off and would not switch over to AT&T. I had to pull sim and wipe clean and re-install 4.6 to get it to work?
    12-01-09 06:25 PM
    I had a huge issue and was wondering if anyone else did? I loaded it and loved it, until I crossed into the US from Canada. Then the phone just kept shutting off and would not switch over to AT&T. I had to pull sim and wipe clean and re-install 4.6 to get it to work?
    Don't you mean 4.7? Just wondering if you had something different.
    12-02-09 01:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD