I currently have Tmobile running .593, I want to upgrade and get the latest OS. Should I get the TMO specific update or download the other os thats available?
    06-23-10 05:24 PM
    Totally up to you... there will be very little real difference between those two OS versions IMHO.
    06-23-10 05:28 PM
    Like you, I was running .593 and was very happy so I was a little worried about going to .714.

I had to downgrade back to TMOs official OS (586 or was it 583) first, then do the wireless update. So far so good. battery life seems better and everything seems to be working just as good. My 3G to Wifi connection seems a little quicker. It took about 12 seconds to go from 3G to Wifi/UMA.
    06-23-10 06:12 PM
    I went to .743, but I'm going to downgrade to try .714. BTW, .714 is available from TMO's BBupgrade site for download.
    06-23-10 07:15 PM
    Its also ota too from in ur phone. Wireless upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 07:25 PM
    Its also ota too from in ur phone. Wireless upgrade.

Yeah, but you have to have a TMO OS on your BB. Since I don't I'll go it the old fashion way.
    06-23-10 07:36 PM
    I have a TMO OS on my phone and wireless update brought up zilch!

06-23-10 07:51 PM

Do you need training or instruction on how to do it the old fashion way... you do you know you can do it the old fashion way don't you??? You know it's available on TMO's website now??? If you need help, let us know... you might look at Blackberry 101 lesson: Upgrade using Loader.exe
    06-23-10 07:56 PM

same with me. wireless update didn't bring up anything so I just upgraded through DM.

06-23-10 08:08 PM
    I had the beta .743, then the official rogers .743 and wanted to try tmobile's .714 and now I want to go back to the offical .743...

So far I've been unable to set a custom sms tone for an individual contact since installing the beta .743 on my white 9700 from tmobile. It was working fine with the beta on my black 9700, but since I switched, it hasn't been working. Even when I switched back to my black 9700. I then installed the official .743 and the .714 and still have the same issue. A new issue with the t mobile .714 for me is having a sms from a bbm contact not showing up properly on the message list and not being able to open up certain new sms messages/threads
    06-24-10 01:48 PM
    ... Should I get the TMO specific update or download the other os thats available?
    I kind of have the same question.. the T-Mo .714 or the other .743?

The only real problem I'm having with my T-Mo 9700 is weak signal strength (3G and EDGE), and sometimes disconnecting from UMA with my home router.

Is either of these two better for signal strength? or holding UMA?
    06-24-10 01:54 PM
    Do you need training or instruction on how to do it the old fashion way... you do you know you can do it the old fashion way don't you??? You know it's available on TMO's website now??? If you need help, let us know... you might look at Blackberry 101 lesson: Upgrade using Loader.exe
    I never said I couldn't do it...don't worry hoss, on .714 right now and did it like a big boy...

06-24-10 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD