1st time using the site and I was able to find what I needed to know! Awesome! mattallen2's Keyboard Shortcuts post is what I needed. Thank you!!
    11-26-08 07:02 AM
    very helpful, thanks much!
    11-27-08 08:15 PM
    I switched from a TREO and have to say. I absolutely love my new berry. I have a question I down loaded a xmas ringtone(linus and lucy tone). The phone ringer is low. I have it on loud, but it seems to be low. When I speak into the phone seems like it is low, how can i make it louder in the phone. I also sound muzzled when I speak in the microphone. I chk my vioce mail and it sounded muzzled and shaky. Is it because I have a blackberry curve. Also what is a HOLSTER?
    12-07-08 02:47 PM
    Thats awesome. Thanks!
    12-14-08 10:04 AM
    I will preface this by saying, "I'm a newbie"...

After reading all the messaging shortcuts, I thought "If your hit 'R' to Reply and 'F' to Forward, then surely you would hit 'D' to delete a message." I was kind of bummed when I learned that wasn't the case.

Then five minutes later I realized that the backspace button is also the "delete" button and if you hit it while highlighting a message, it will delete it. TA DA!

Just thought I'd share in case anyone else has had a long day like I have.
    12-17-08 08:48 PM
    In the Media in Pictures in the ful screen on what button give next photo. Not the slide show no no. I I view a image on full screen and i want to give the mext image without exiting and select another you now like evryother phones. a a a a is not possibile pfffuuu well crack phone
    12-20-08 04:38 PM
    hi, new to the bb, and figured before I searched, it may be quicker for the response here....Is there a way to set a hotkey or something similar to lock the phone, or even better a timer setting to automaticaly lock it after 2 minutes?
    12-22-08 07:52 PM
    how do u do it?? i can t do it!!!
    while holding down [alt] scroll your pearl upwards or downwards.

Voila!

I have a question. Has anybody with a Bold been able to revive the [r] for alarm ?
    12-23-08 02:01 PM
    whats on it anyways? can i download it from anywhere?

merry merry get back to me
    12-27-08 03:11 PM
    does anyone know a shortcut to open sms text messages from the main screen on the bold?
    12-31-08 03:12 PM
    Learning the powerful short-cuts for the 8830 World Edition.

Thank you for the list!
    01-08-09 12:08 AM
    Is there any way to put a + sign into anything other than the phone number?
    01-09-09 11:23 AM
    is there a shortcut to create a new SMS msg?
    01-09-09 12:16 PM
    Super helpful. Thanks.
    01-10-09 02:45 PM
    Does anyone know of a key to enter the "&" sign?
    01-10-09 03:55 PM
    this is great, thanks and sorry for the bump
    01-12-09 05:42 PM
    awesome thread! my only complaint is that I now spent another hour playing with my berry LOL... an hour well spent because it will save time in the future!
    THANK YOU!!!!!
    01-13-09 01:10 PM
    Good stuff... 1.5 years and I'm still learning new stuff about this thing!
    01-15-09 07:17 PM
    Just born question,
    Where are ALT and DEL keys on qwerty storm?
    ugg,
    Horseshoe
    01-16-09 06:17 PM
    OK I have a good one for someone.

The right side button is broken (solder joint is bad) model 8700c

Is there a shortcut (alternative) to ESC? some of the menu and apps do not have a close or exit option and with out the right key you are stuck.

Alt RShift Del (soft reset) but that takes too long and just not a good work around in all situations.
    01-18-09 03:00 PM
    Good stuff... 1.5 years and I'm still learning new stuff about this thing!
    Here is a couple of cool tips. Hold down your Alt key and type EACE. This opens a screen that shows all of your current device stats.
    One more is hold down the Alt key and type NMLL. You have to tap twice for the N. This will change the signal strength icon to the actual number. All themes that come with a BB this will work with and some plazmic homemade themes as well. Just it with each theme. If the theme won't support it then the bars will just go away. Type it again and they will come back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 08:54 AM
    The Verizon guy showed me a shortcut to view the device log with the alt key but I can't remember what it is. Anyone know? I have the 8330 Curve with OS 4.3. Thanks.
    Chris

01-24-09 11:39 AM
    The Verizon guy showed me a shortcut to view the device log with the alt key but I can't remember what it is. Anyone know? I have the 8330 Curve with OS 4.3. Thanks.
    Chris

Try Alt + LGLG
    01-24-09 11:40 AM
    The last one about the device log was intresting. What is the reason for looking at this???
    01-24-09 07:30 PM
    Here is a tip i do not see posted anywhere. To enter/exit bedside mode while phone is in clock feature.. Simply press "B"...

For those of you who have DOCKS (best accessory ever!) you can just put it in the dock and press b instead of having to open the clock, go thru the menu to turn on bedside mode, then place in dock.
    01-25-09 07:09 PM
372 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD