On the curve, is there a keyboard shortcut to put it on vibrate?
    07-13-08 06:43 PM
    Is there a bb shortcut to lock the keyboard, instead of just scrolling down to select the lock icon?
    07-14-08 03:13 PM
    Yes, you can either make your right or left shortcut key on the side of the phone as keyboard lock or you can press ALT and ENTER at the same time.

Im still looking for that vibrate shortcut, can anyone help??
    07-14-08 09:44 PM
    to completely shut down an application without having to use the menu, hold SHIFT button and press BACK button. this works great to make sure you close programs instead of just minimize them to where they are still running in the background.
    That must be specific to the Pearl. SHIFT-BACK does nothing on the Curve.

Drat.

07-17-08 03:50 PM
    Thanks for mentioning this, Pammy....I missed it. Nice technique!

And here I thought it would take me months to learn all that!! The best tip I just read was how to highlight a list of messages so I could delete them all at once. I don't know why it didn't occur to me it would the shift key just like on a PC!
    07-18-08 08:15 AM
    On my 8130, I push & hold the # sign button to switch between loud & vibrate. Is this what you're looking for? HTH

Im still looking for that vibrate shortcut, can anyone help??[/QUOTE]
    07-18-08 08:26 AM
    I am running the new OS (4.5 rel 75) and the ALT + ENTER no longer locks the keyboard.
    07-18-08 12:49 PM
    Help!

My wife turned off the icon labels (the words that appear when you roll over an icon). We can't figure out how to turn them back on.
    07-21-08 09:33 PM
    Cool, thanks.
    07-28-08 04:49 PM
    Just as a tidbit for 8830 users. You can use the alt & enter combo to lock the phone rather than scrolling to the key lock.
    07-29-08 08:03 PM
    All I'm looking for is to page up or page down in the browser while looking at a webpage....am I missing something here? All I see is how to jump all the way to the top or bottom of a page or scroll with the track bar. OperaMiniBrowser lets you page up with the E key and down with the X. It makes so much faster and its really the only reason I use that browser.
    07-30-08 08:31 PM
    Help!

I have a rather lengthy conversation in bb messenger that I want/need to preserve. I have tried to copy/paste it but I can't seem to get it all highlighted to copy and paste to either memo or an email.

If I go to Menu and select "copy history" it only copies part, and leaves out what I really want.

How can I copy the entire portion of a bb messenger conversation, or just a particular part? I have looked here and on other forums but the solutions were not applicable.

I'm using a vzn 8830, OS is 4.5.0.51
    07-31-08 11:51 AM
    can anyone tell me how to delete all my msgs? sms, and email?
    08-02-08 09:47 PM
    I love the tips. I've had my 8830 for almost a year and can do pretty much anything on it but a refresher every now and then never hurts
    08-07-08 03:39 PM
    The "x" keyboard shortcut, listed on the first page, doesn't work after upgrading to 4.5.

Is there a new way to see thumbnail view of a page?
    08-11-08 05:05 AM
    For the Curve (I have 8330) if you turn off Dial From Home Screen, the following are keyboard shortcuts for applications:

Q - Unassigned
    W - Unassigned
    E - Unassigned
    R - Alarm
    T - Tasks
    Y - Unassigned
    U - Calculator
    I - Unassigned
    O - Options
    P - Unassigned
    A - Address Book
    S - Search
    D - MemoPad
    F - Profiles
    G - Unassigned
    H - Help
    J - Unassigned
    K - Keypad Lock
    L - Calendar
    X - Windows Live Messenger
    C - Appears to Be the Call from Address Book Screen incl. Use Once option
    V - Saved Messages
    B - Browser
    N - Blackberry Messenger
    M - Messages
    0 and $ are unassigned.

There are 10 unassigned options (on my keypad at least)

If anyone knows how to manually assign to other applications ie. camera, please share if possible.
    08-13-08 02:14 PM
    The one shortcut that doesn't exist and drives me crazy is Paste in Browser grrrr!! Come on RIM fix it plz

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-08 05:33 PM
    L and d / L and t then a space gives time and date stamps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-08 05:37 PM
    i need to turn speed dial off
    when i type a number to make a call it prompts me to create a new speed dial number
    how can i turn this off i cant even make a call
    08-25-08 05:27 PM
    is there a quick way to turn off the ringer?
    08-25-08 06:24 PM
    Why doesn't everyone just refer to this blog post? BlackBerry 101 - Beginners Guide to Keyboard Shortcuts | CrackBerry.com

It is the most complete compilation I have come across...
    08-25-08 06:35 PM
    All I'm looking for is to page up or page down in the browser while looking at a webpage....am I missing something here? All I see is how to jump all the way to the top or bottom of a page or scroll with the track bar. OperaMiniBrowser lets you page up with the E key and down with the X. It makes so much faster and its really the only reason I use that browser.
    On my 8330 I use the space key to page down and shift+space to page up.

HTH
    08-27-08 03:28 AM
    I'm trying to upgrade my BB for video option becuz I only have still picture action on my phone. Anybody know where i can download the app for video on my Bb.....
    08-29-08 01:56 PM
    I'm trying to upgrade my BB for video option becuz I only have still picture action on my phone. Anybody know where i can download the app for video on my Bb.....
    Not sure what you're looking for. Your Curve should be able to record videos right out of the box.
    08-29-08 05:40 PM
    Awesome fixed a couple of my gripes like being able to reply by hitting "r" no more htting the trackball too many times and sending a blank sms and if a message doesn't go thru switching over to sent messages is way easier with the shortcut
    09-05-08 11:36 AM
372 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD